1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Huff; a long needed solution at FS?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bergo23, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    If the Raiders really do cut Huff because of their foolish financial decisions....he might really become what everyone thought he could be coming out of the draft with the Bolts. He would be worth a long look from AJ. He and Weddle at Safety would make an already solid secondary, an elite secondary.

I know he may have underperformed with the Raiders, but so have many others; ask Randy Moss.

Maybe Jam, an old UT alum could talk him into it.

2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    man this is weird, i just logged on for this very same reason, i was going to make a thread about getting Huff too LOL:tup:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'd love to see Huff come here!!!

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think he'd be a good match more at SS then FS (i'm still happy with Weddle)

Doesn't hurt to invite him in and kick the tires.

5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Huff? At the right price, maybe. But ONLY 'maybe'.

Yes, the Raiders have been a clusterfuque during his time in Oakland, but Huff himself is undersized and not an especially good tackler.

I wouldn't expect Huff to be 'the answer' for the Chargers at safety, and I expect that some NFL team will be willing to throw more money at him than it makes sense for the Chargers to.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We need a good saftey to be better than hart. Huff seemed to have great ability. I'm guessing he wants out of jokeland. CAn't blame him. Alot of screwups there. Could prove somthing to look into.

7. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I would be down with this. I'd like a harder hitter, a more SS type to be brought in, but I do believe he would be worth a long look for the right price. Him and Weddle would give us 2 solid safeties, which is more than we've ever had in years. We have the stars in Jammer, Cromartie (hopefully), and Cason looked good for a rookie. We don't need stars at every position, we couldn't afford it, but we do need to upgrade the weak spots. Huff can very well be a huge upgrade.

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I dunno... all I've heard about him since he was drafted was how bad he played. U can probably count on one hand those players that moved and suddenly became world beaters.....

I'd prefer to see us draft a stud. I mean look, the Skins got Horton in round 7 for chrissakes. Let's go find a diamond in the rough.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Usually wouldn't take in a former raider thats not named Nmandi Asuomugha but.... anything at this point would be an upgrade to our secondary...

I was hoping dawkins but he seems to want to stay in Philly.

Give a Huff a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

Well damn if it were up to you we would be about 30 million over the cap....:p. (Just refering to signing Peppers, and Dawkins, PR, Merriman, Huff, drafting Maualuga etc...lol) Look we could get Huff for a very inexpensive rate, however we are going to have to ask LT to restructure just so we can resign guys like Lights Out and PR, and also get draft picks. I dont believe we will be big players in the small Huff sweepstakes.

11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Well just for the record, I homered Huff out of college. Thought he was going to be the next great safety. However the day the turds took him I told my brother that he just ruined the first 1/4 of his career and that Al Davis was going to ruin yet another young star.. Looks like he did but he could come to the bolts and make something of himself.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Huff got bounced around alot and of course that team inspires about no one to do anything worthwhile.

I'm not saying he's the solution to all our problems (truth be told I'm still liking the idea of getting Sean Jones) but it wouldn't hurt for the right amount to bring him in and simplify what he has to do.

13. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    The "right amount" thing really is the entire sticking point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I think he is worth a contract bigger than Hart's.......He is the FAR superior Pass Defender, alot of teams wanted him as a corner coming out of college. Wehave hybrid guys in Oliver and Weddle.....seems like NFL defenses need SS types who can cover, which is what his skill set is.

He may not be an enforcer like Adrian Wilson....but he'd make our D alot better, Hart was slightly better than McCree......Huff would be an upgrade over both.

• Like Like x 1
  15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't know about that, McCree actually held onto wounded ducks that gently bedded in his boosum.

16. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :lol:

I know, I know I'm a good GM.

17. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    You can't really say how he did in Jokeland. All the coaching changes, defense changes, I think he did o.k. He's worth a look and may even take a pay cut to come to the Bolts. Pair him with QJam in the off season to help him learn our system.