1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I am on injured reserve.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chispa, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Damn, Chispa, that sucks!! Guess you won't be doing much training now except for 12 oz. curls! :icon_toast:

Hope you heal up well & quickly.

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    :( An Achilles tendon rupture is a big deal. Sorry that it happened. You'll be on the IR for a while...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Take care of yourself Chippie. Kimmie knows more than me obviously, but you will need to rest up, and not drive everyone around you crazy because of your inactivity. :)

PS. Nice to hear you still got Tedford's autograph, he sounds like a great guy.

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    You need to see an orthopedist. A rupture is a big deal and will take weeks to heal...a partial tear is not as bad and usually doesn't require surgery. Did the trainer last night have you lie on your tummy and squeeze your calf? That's called the "Thompson" test and if your foot doesn't move as expected when the calf is squeezed, that points to a rupture. I see these injuries semi-frequently.

You're supposed to be splinted a certain way for Achilles injuries so the ends can heal properly. If you are seeing an orthopedic surgeon you are in good hands. If not, ask for a stat referral. Usually in a rupture you have a sudden injury and feel like something hit you in the back of the calf.

I wish you well. :( I guess your football career is over....Is this just all a ploy for rep??? Seriously, feel better. I hate crutches!

• Like Like x 1
  5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Then it's a complete rupture :icon_eek: You better get used to those dam crutches...:icon_eek: For several weeks...Look on the bright side...this gives you more time for your gambling thread...Maybe Leisure will drop by and send his well wishes...

Take care girl :) Tell me when they schedule the surgery. I'm going to the gym now...I'd invite you but, um, you know...

Sorry you're having one of those stumbling blocks in life, but it'll pass :icon_wink: Tell us what the doctor says. I know you're probably worried about recovery but most times people recover well...it'll take time though.

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    that sucks Chispa..hope it heels soon

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Chippie, you're in great hands... and you'll do well. Speaking of crutches, I believe you'll be down to one crutch as some point during the next twelve weeks .. which makes life a whole lot better... I've never been on crutches and now I'm kind of wishing I never wrote that sentence....BUT... where I'm going is.... My niece broke her leg playing soccer and really struggled with the crutches for the first few weeks. Yet, in no time she was a pro on them and really developed some good upper body strength which we women tend to have little of...

Thank God your girls haven't left for college yet because you'll need them to wait on you these first few weeks.

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Oh, and did you tell the surgeon that you're a lawyer???? :icon_rofl:

9. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :icon_sad: Hope you get better soon Chispa [​IMG]

10. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    :icon_eek:Sounds like the drill nailed you *OUCH*:icon_sad:

Best wishes and hopes for a rapid and complete recovery:yes: No doubt you'll be [​IMG]in no time:tup:

In the meantime, relax, milk the most out of it, and enjoy being waited on hand and foot by the young'ins :lol:

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I hope your ex appreciates the extremes you go to for his birthday...:icon_eek: My ex just gets a card. I hope you recover in record time...now that you're on the IR, did you have to give up your sign on bonus?

12. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    On that note... the idea of lawyers might be in part why Tedford asked if Chipsa's phone number had been acquired. That or he thought she was hawt

Have to handle injured fans with kid gloves:yes:

13. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Classic thread !!!

Sorry about the torn up leg there, Chippie, but the experience is one you'll always remember.

Tedford is a good guy. He may be a Bear now, but he'll always be a Bulldog. :D

14. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Doggoneit Chispa - now we have to decide whether to put you on I/R or just the PUP list! :icon_tease:

I'm figuring you are gearing up to head for surgery... At least for today I can guarantee they have more drugs than you've got pain. ;)

Gotta hurry up and spread some more Rep so I can pony up to ya for one great thread told despite being at your own expense. (sigh)

Every now and then life just has to throw in a part that draws about 30 inches of vacuum. Eventually we work our way through them, but it sucks just the same! Will sure be sending positive vibes your way for the next few months and beyond! :tup:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    get better soon chispa

16. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :lol: :lol:

17. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    :lol:You're modesty is exceeded only by your skills as a lawyer:kisskiss:
    :icon_rofl:

18. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    [​IMG]

Oh, Chispa. Sorry to hear you got hurt. I know your surgery will go well and I hope that your recovery will be swift. Hang in there and know we're all pulling for ya, girl. You'll be off the IR and back in axetion in no time!:yes:

19. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    Now THAT is a purrrr-fect picture!!!! :tup:
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Brainy nefarious and now athletic chicks are inheirently dangerous. :yes:

You scare me and you are not even wounded. :unsure: