1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I applaud you LT

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Nov 19, 2006.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    THAT is the LT I knew and loved back in the day and I have to say: welcome back.

You could see how badly he wanted EVERY SINGLE YARD. He was a man on a mission. It is still a shame that I don't believe we will ever see this type of consistent effort from him against a weaker team but LT was phenomenal against the Donkeys. Worked his azz off. I am not talking about his touchdowns but the yards he had to fight for... at times with virtually no space to run through, instead of falling flat on his face he kept his legs moving, tried spinning around, tried slithering through and tried extremely quick cuts. He was consistently running very AGGRESSIVELY for the first time in a long time. It seemed like anywhere he was on the field, he was running with the aggression he routinely runs with inside the red zone.

I am impressed I give LT the MTL stamp of approval for his performance against the Donks. Bravo :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ack! Call 911!

I am dyin!:icon_tease:

:tup: Classy post bro :tup:

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Conc can't you see I'm just trying to get rep?

No but seriously I couldn't be more proud to have LT on my team after that effort. This was his best game since late 2003 IMO :tup:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

Ahhh yeah you just went kunt on us. LT has been the **** despite your rants to promote The Burner. Nice run but LT is THE ****..... I have seen toooo many dickheads to put the moniker of king ******** on anyone and LT deserves the crown of el chingone'.....

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Oh please T-Bone LT hasn't wanted every yard as badly as he did against the donks in AGES. He did all the things I asked of him; #1 Don't run out of bounds early #2 Don't trip on yourself #3 Don't take no for an answer if a gap is closed

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LT still plays like a PRISS...... :icon_eek:

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :lol:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    When you touch the ball close to 500 times a year, you can't fight for every last yard, absorb every big hit and expect to stay healthy.

One of the things Jim Brown said he admired about LT is how LT knew when to take a hit to get the extra yard and when to preserve himself.

9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Hey I like my 6 year lifespan running backs who will fight for everything :tup: AJ always says "this year is this year, next year is next... everyone is a san diego charger for this year and this year only". Go ballz out and clearly LT did against Denver :tup:

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    FU - YOU just went "soft" on this win and the monkey on/off the back ****....:yes: :icon_tease:

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Well it's easy for Michael Turner to go ballz out on the 6-7 times he touches it each game. But you don't stay fresh and explosive, two words Marty used tonight to describe LT, by lowering your shoulder into Al Wilson on every sideline run, instead of stepping out of bounds.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Sorry lord trumpet, I clearly need an alcoholic beverage or two to see the BIG PICTURE :icon_bow: Where are my heines :icon_shrug:

:icon_party:

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Well hey it's not only sideline runs I was talking about but anyways... did you see VJ's grab? That is my beef with KMac... he tries to (and evidently has) preserve(d) his body and is YAC sucks. VJ snags one in the open field and breaks it for 10 more yards :icon_banana:

14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, but he got down when he saw Lynch coming. :yes:

Keenan has had some yac the last two weeks, too. But he does get down when he thinks he's not going to get anymore yards. That protects the ball and it keeps you healthy. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne do that, too.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am more concerned how LOW Rivers needs to get in the snap because Hardwick has his poop chute eyeing China .... :yes:

Did you see how low Rivers had to get ?

Ese vato needs to get some cholo in his *** and some menudo or he will not be styling as a white boy low rider in Dago.

16. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Dude, you are not even making sense anymore. That is classic Trump . :lol:

Hardwick does need to work on that thought. Rivers has to get so low that it can limit his ability to read the defense pre-snap. That's probably something you want to wait for the offseason to tinker with though. :yes:

17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    That's because they usually don't go across the field. So I guess my point may also be that KMac is a bit one dimensional..... better not draft Sidney then :icon_eek:

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

19. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    That run on the last drive where he went down to about the five was absolutely incredible. That was his best run of the night.

20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Word :tup:

21. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    LT is a beast and anyone questioning his talent needs to reevaluate their medication because something is clearly not right:yes:

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/9817736/1

On list of best ever, L.T. already No. 6 (with a bullet)
    Nov. 20, 2006
    By Mike Freeman
    CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

When I watch LaDainian Tomlinson, the man who possesses as many letters in his name as he does NFL records, I am reminded of Gale Sayers.

And Eric Dickerson. And O.J. Simpson, minus the knives. Oh, and Jim Brown, too.

When watching Tomlinson, he is all of these players, and others. He is so much like many of the greats, it is one of the more uncanny things I have witnessed in sports.

Talk of the NFL's best ever running back might soon begin and end with LaDainian Tomlinson.

He possesses the vision and strength of Brown, the grace of Dickerson, the quickness of Sayers, the moves of Simpson. He is all of these men.

Tomlinson reminds us of another era in football's history. Now, mediocrity rules. Few runners truly qualify as great. Tomlinson is the next great running back and is such a dominant player at his position, he already outshines backs that are in the Hall of Fame.

My keyboard didn't stutter. You read that right.

The numbers are part of the reason. Numbers like 100: Fastest to 100 career touchdowns, in just his 89th game.

Or 19: the most touchdowns in a six-game span.

Or 22: the most touchdowns in the first 10 games of a season. That's more touchdowns than the entire Denver Broncos offense.

Or 4: Consecutive 4-touchdown games, tying a league record.

Tomlinson is not just rewriting record books, he is re-engineering our thoughts about what a great running back is.

Now, prepare your "Freeman is an idiot" threads on the feedback pages.

Or just reheat the old ones.

Because I am about to stimulate your outrage glands.

Listing the top 10 running backs of all time is like debating who is prettier, Halle Berry or one of those CSI babes. We love arguing over this stuff; some like brawling over this stuff.

My top 10 running backs pre-Tomlinson: Jim Brown, O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Gale Sayers, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen and Emmitt Smith.

Tomlinson is already better than Emmitt Smith. Far superior. Tomlinson would also beat Smith on the dance floor.

Tomlinson is already better than Marcus Allen.

Better than Dorsett.

And better than Payton. Yes, Payton.

He is better than John Riggins, Marshall Faulk, Curtis Martin, Franco Harris or almost any other runner you can think of.

Already.

The only runners Tomlinson has not yet surpassed are Brown, Simpson (Simpson also leads Tomlinson in the double-murder category), Dickerson, Sayers and Sanders -- although he is standing right behind both Sayers and Sanders.

Assuming none of his knee ligaments head south when he runs north, Tomlinson will end up better than both of them.

Because he is a better blocker than both runners and a superior athlete to Sanders.

Thousands of trees have met their demise and ga-jillions of gigabytes are produced to extol the virtues of Reggie Bush. Tomlinson receives a fraction of that publicity, and he is so much better than Bush it's like comparing a luscious dessert at a five-star restaurant to Klondike bars. And you get production and numbers from Tomlinson without a hint of scandal. What a bonus.

Again, we are not talking strictly numbers, though Tomlinson is shredding his share of records and will continue to do so. It's more than that. His moves, his intelligence, his power, his quickness, his speed put him on par with the greats.

It's as if God were a football fan, and she decided to create the perfect running back by mixing the genome of past greats into one Petri dish and -- poof -- out came Tomlinson.

Please do not counter with the quite old, unimaginative and silly argument that Tomlinson has not played enough games to warrant such hefty consideration. He has played plenty. You can just look at him and tell he's better than only a handful of runners to ever play the game.

The biggest criticism of Tomlinson, the only one really, is that he greatly benefits from having good skill position players around him. His quarterback is talented, his receivers are solid, and his tight end is athletic.

Players like Brown, Simpson, and definitely Sanders, for the most part had corpses at other skill positions. Players like Smith are penalized because he played with a Hall of Fame quarterback, maybe the best offensive line ever and a wide receiver in Michael Irvin who was one of the top receivers of the 1990s.

What Tomlinson is doing is beyond remarkable. It's eerie. It's eerie because he looks so much like the past greats, and one day, he might surpass them all.

In some ways, he already has.