1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I believe in Rivers and Norv

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 31, 2011.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Why? Because this is my team. My team since I was kid and I will support them and whoever is on it till I die. Heck I started this site and podcast 6 years ago because I love the lighting bolt.

So I ask all you Bolt fans to stop with all the bitching and stupid whining and just keep believing that Rivers and yes Norv will get us back on track and on our way to a Super Bowl this year.

Otherwise, just get hell out and find another team to root for.

• Like Like x 11
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Ray I like you, your a nice guy....but that is homerism nonsense.

Don't blame Charger fans for being so negative after 50yrs and only 1 AFL Title.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Actually, they were in SD when they beat the Patriots for the AFL title.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I'm gonna root as hard as I can....it's the only thing I can do in yet another crazed filled Charger Season.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I root for my team, but my patience for Norv is at an end. Rivers I'm disappointed in but I back him.

• Like Like x 3
  6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Right you are, before my time, but in a round about way it makes my point. Nobody remembers, nobody cares.

I do still support Rivers BTW. But Norv has bred a loser, his "snatch defeat from the jaws of vicotry" history has seeped into the mentality of this team.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    As upset as I was with Rivers and Norm, I look to the left of my tv and see this[​IMG]

as for Norv, I have a hard time defending him in Las Vegas, but for the first time in a long time he made adjustments to the offense in the 2nd half and kept the ball on the ground and trusted the rookie backs. McNeil had a horrible game and Rivers flinched at the worst time possible. The Chargers are my family's team. Let's hope they will rise to the Greenbay challenge. I will be there.
    Keep the faith, this team needs our support.

• Like Like x 2
  8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I Don't believe in Rivers and Norv

Why? Because this is my team and my team is coached by Norv.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    This has been my team since I was a kid, and I will support them until the day I die.
    But I'll also speak my mind about them.

Not sure why it's gotta go black and white when the Chargers, again, don't live up to expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    Hey Charger Ray...I appreciate your sentiments. Myself, I'm a big Rivers fan, and expect
    him to come through this dark period, in time. Norv, I don't know...after 4 years I still
    describe myself as "agnorvstic." But I am amazed at the depths to which some of his
    detractors will go to deny all credit to Norv for good things, but blame him for every little
    thing that doesn't work out...even when doing so is clearly ludicrous. One will almost never
    see a game decided by a single play of poor execution as much as the fumbled snap tonight.
    If ever someone could lay blame clearly on players, it's tonight. But the anti-Norv brigade
    is determined to lay this one on Norv. Jeez. You'll never see a more black and white example
    of bad player execution. Norv had one big do-or-die decision tonight: whether or not to
    challenge Cassell's "incomplete pass"...an option the 3 guys in the booth didn't initially consider.
    It was a risk, and Norv got it right. Does that mean he's Vince Lombardi? No, but to be blaming
    THIS loss on Norv (though I expect Canepa to, too) means ANY game can be blamed on Norv,
    even ones where the players are clearly at fault.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    this

Love ya Ray, but I absolutely disagree. Is wanting the best for our favorite team NOT being a good fan? Personally I think cheering for them no matter how awful they play is just as bad if not worse.

• Like Like x 2
  12. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    It is our DUTY as fans to support the team no matter what, but it is also our RIGHT as fans to speak out about them when we are not happy!

Ray, I don't think you give Charger fans enough credit! I'm sure that everyone that bitchs and moans about the coach and players etc.. still goes to the games, still watches on tv, still buys the jerseys...they are still as big-a-fan as you are.

Forums are as much about people venting their fustrations as much as for celebrating their chosen team. That may not have been what you intended for but thats just the wayit goes.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
    You make me miss Sarah "my wrongness actually proves I'm right" Palin. [sigh]

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I'm with you Ray.
    I might be a lot younger than the rest of y'all; I may not have been through this as often as all of you, but I feel as if I'm still inclined to say my piece.

I remember being a kid barely old enough to know what the hell was going on. I remember going to TCU and watching LT play. I remember meeting him. Shaking his hand. Talking to him.
    I remember watching him get drafted.
    I remember the day I decided to root for the team with Lightning on their jerseys for the rest of my life.

I remember when they came to Dallas and killed the Cowboys. I remember getting to go into the locker and meet all the players. I still have all the autographs I got that day. Even Flutie's.

I remember the passion I had for that team, that I still have for that team.

I may not have lived nearly as much life as all of you. I may not be a San Diego native. My only connection to the team may now reside in New York, but I love this team more than anything. I get ecstatic when they win, but horribly upset when they lose. My heart pounds faster when the games come down to the wire. And my stomach drops, leaving me feeling sick, when Kansas City kicks a game winning FG in OT in a game that was in the palm of the Chargers' hand.

And I love every minute of it.

I love this team. I love this game. I always have, and I always will.

I know they can win. I know they can fight back. I know the Chargers.

And the Chargers I know have not shown up this season at all. And that makes me happy. Because the Chargers I know will never make it to the big game.

These Chargers are different. They're struggling. They have to fight for every single point this season. For every win. There are no easy wins. And I believe the team is better for it.

This is a team, that by the time playoffs roll around will have fought hard and earned their playoff seed. They will be the contenders we always thought this team to be.

So yes, I believe in Norv. I believe in Rivers. I believe in Mathews, Gates, Jackson, and the rest of the bunch.

I believe that they will make it to the Super Bowl, and that they will win it all.

• Like Like x 14
  16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,160
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    There are damn few of you here that I'd trust to have my back in a bar fight.

Ray, you & Lightning_Dynasty just made the list.

I understand the frustration. What I have some difficulty understanding is the wishy-washy BS. Rivers is our savior, Rivers sucks. All we need is a running game to be a winner .... but our front 7 sucks. We build through the draft .... but we piss away draft picks making questionable trades on draft day. Our coaches stink .... but who hired them? We need an upgrade at ROT .... sure wish Norv hadn't engineered THAT contract. :rolleyes: I wonder who hires the medical staff? Just how long is it going to take to convince the ignorant local populace that they need to build us a new stadium? :cautious:

I get it. A forum is for expressing your opinions, right, wrong,or indifferent. Everyone is a fan here, regardless of their # of posts, money spent on gear/games/traveling to see our guys play, irritating viewpoints, etc. Pretty sure we all want the same thing - success.

There were plenty here who absolutely ROASTED B4L for expressing his desire to see the Chargers lose out if it meant Norv getting fired. Now several of you are expressing the same opinion? Nice. Not sure just where he posts these days, if he does. Might I suggest that you all get together & have your own pity forum? :giggle:

What's going on with this team right now sucks. It sucks to be sitting in the house married to a Chiefs' fan right now. :cry: But I'll keep pulling for this team & hope that things get better. I'll also hope that these struggles are a wake-up call for some folks in the organization - from the equipment guy to ownership.

Oh yeah - Syd, you can have my back too. You're one of the few who seems to hold off the emo enough to have a steady hand & a slow pull on the trigger.

• Like Like x 2
  18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The only tradition I know about with the chargers, is to fold at the most crucial times. I hope River's isn't just tying to get out of town like Breese did, hell he went to a non winning club and brought home the hardware. If Breese played for the Bolts like he dose for the Saints, River's would be down the road. Right about now he's probably thinking that wouldn't be such a bad thing after all.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Post of the millennium! Thanks LD!

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Maybe his daddy shoulda warned him.

21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Frustrated? Yes. Angry? A little less this morning. Giving up? **** and No.

I've always been a homer for my team. I love sports because they make me happy. In the grand scheme of things there are far worse things to lose in life than a football game. So if not wanting to waste my time being miserable over that which I have no control makes me an "idiot" or worse. Then so be it. A coaching change will happen when it happens and until it does, I'm gonna root for my whole team to succeed.

I don't defend Norv because I find him blameless, I just don't think it's rational to put sole responsibility on his shoulders. I also don't think he deserves the intense level of hate thrown his way. Not after living thru the likes of Kevin Gilbride or those dark years when wins were few and far between. I tend to cut nice people some slack in the **** flinging department. Sue me.

It aint over til it's over. Never give up. Never surrender. GO BOLTS!

• Like Like x 6
  22. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Ray we love you but........ you are portraying the stereotypical "fair weather/West coast/Charger fan".
    We should be upset with this team. We should be venting about this team. If you love this team then you should be upset with their play. All of us here are fans. Why else would we waste our time posting on a message board.
    I know that some of the posters may be repetitive in their postings and I think that this may be a little too much. We as fans can not put on the blinders and just "keep hope alive". If there is a pill for this then tell me what it is. We all bitch and say Rivers sucks or Matthews sucks but this is a knee jerk reaction... an emotion. This does not make us less of a fan. We eventually get over it and move on to the next game. Please don't turn this into the CMB.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    There is plenty of season left. 13-3 :D

• Like Like x 3
  24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I had your back until this post.:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I will never walk away from my team, I will not abandon the San Diego chargers. I was born a charger and I feel the same passion that everyone on this board feels for this team.

But as a fan and paying customer to say nothing of a podcaster and freelance writer, this team is incredibly disappointing. Rivers is having his worst year of his career, I can swallow that. He is not the problem, he is having a bad year and will probably do better next year. He's my QB, I wouldn't walk from him for Tom Brady.

But I see a team that plays with little discipline, little focus, little aggression, little fire and little pride. For the good and the things that aren't the fault of the team (refs) the bad has outweighed the good. This team has steadily declined in terms of focus, aggression, and in not making mistakes. From 2009 on this team has repeatedly made more mistakes especially of the boneheaded style, ha played sloppy an has shown little discipline. I saw this 2007-2009 but the team was able to overcome these mistakes. Since then this team has not been able to do such, and thos lacking qualities is the fault of the head coach.

I don't want this team to go all suck for luck to end norv's time in San Diego, that is foolish. I do not want Volek to start. But at the rate this is going we will not be a winning team and frankly that will answer alot of questions ala turner etc.

• Like Like x 10
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Couldn't agree more with Ant's post above.
    Also,I don't get the, "if you don't think this team will win the Super Bowl, you must be rooting for them to lose" logic behind some of the posts in this thread.

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Rooting for the team to lose is a last ditch effort to bring about change that is not coming anytime soon. It is the ultimate act of frustration from a fan who is ******* sick and tired of watching the team flail around on the field like a bunch of idiots with no clue what to do in crisis, lambs being led to the slaughter by a completely clueless shepherd.

You guys go ahead and keep hope alive while I sit back and enjoy watching this team crash and burn so we can finally rid ourselves of this POS HC once and for all. If AJ doesn't like it he can GTFO too.

DEMAND MORE THAN MEDOCRITY!!! If you don't then you deserve this team and it's total ineptitude.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.623410,-116.992907

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    All you schwami prognosticators who predict, whine, cry, moan about mediocrity (some after starting their 'positive vibes' threads year in and year out), could you focus on something worth while and tell me the winning lotto numbers please. I mean since you see the future soo damn well.

*Pitty Party Mode in Effect*

I mean for heavens sakes! The season is 7 weeks old and you all act like it is over. That is just sad. Really...

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    So you predict nothing? :roflmao:

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have predicted from the day that I found out they woudl play this season playoffs for the Bolts.

Not failure to get rid of the coach. Not the downfall of civilizations by the forces of Norv. The season isnt over. 4-3 means that the team could be 13-3, or 4-12. If you want to cry in your beer and say the season is over, knock yourself out. Forgive me if I dont think it shows some sort of hardcore testicular fortitude, in fact, forgive me if I personally think it shows the exact opposite.:)