1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I could see us trading up

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +320
    The second and final year of AJ induced cap hell with plenty of holes to fill in roster. Trading up would help mitigate the misery...kick that can down the road to 2015 where we supposedly would have a bit more cap room. Yeah, conceptually I could see us trading up in the first round...how about you?

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776
    Nah.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
  4. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Would love to trade back with Houston if they take Jadeveon Clowney at #1 overall. Could get their 2nd (33rd overall), 4th (101st overall), 4th (135th overall) and 7th (216th overall).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I could see us do something similar to what we did with Manti Te'o last year, in that if we go with Nix at 25 and either Verret, Fuller or somebody else that Telesco likes is there at around 40-45 we move up and give up our 4th rounder if one of those teams was absolutley desperate and we'd come away winning that trade by value.

6. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Fuller will be gone long before that range. at the rate he's moving up, particularly if he checks out ok medically, he could go before 25.

I don't hate Nix but I'm damned if I see him as the likely BPA, even weighted for need, at 25. I do like the idea of trading back some if we can find the right partner, much more than trading up.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +520
    Like another poster said, if the browns don't pick a qb with their first pick, they'll want to pick one at 26, making the 25th pick coveted by teams wanting to trade back into the first round to pick a falling qb

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    I just don't see anyone that wouldn't require trading up into the Top 10-12 that I'd really be vehement about trading up for. There isn't a Revis-type corner in this draft class (guys who are capable of being lock-down's, sure, but Revis had that AND high-end metrics). I don't see a "have-to-have" OLB that would necessitate a trade-up after Clowney and Mack. There's no elite (Earl Thomas type) safety in this class. No WR that stands out so much above the rest of the class after Sammy Watkins (who will go Top 5). Literally, about the only prospect I could see merit in trading up for if they took a much greater than expect fall would be Jake Matthews (and that's out of left-field) or Khalil Mack (but at this point I think the hype train will keep him in the Top 15 easily).

9. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    I really don't want to see us trading up. A trade down has some merit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    What aboug Timmy Jerrnigan? If hes truely the best NT in this class and they in turn fall in love with him. There's a lot of mock drafts that have him going ~5-10 spots ahead of us.

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,079
    Honest question: Is a guy who, by all accounts, is only going to be used as a member of a rotation, worth trading multiple draft picks for? Forget trading up in the 1st, I'm talking trading up for any NT period. Aside from maybe in the event Nix or Jernigan pulled a "Keenan Allen" and fell to the 2nd (or more likely, 3rd).

12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,529
    If Cleveland doesn't use their top 1st rounder on a QB (waiting for their 2nd 1st round pick), there's the possibility that some other teams might want to leapfrog the Browns at #26 to nab a QB first. A lot of mocks have the Browns taking Sammy Watkins at #4, and gambling that a good QB prospect would be available when they pick at #26. That would be our opportunity to trade down and get more picks.

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    As usual, we just need to hope that the board is favourable to us