1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Did Not Know That.........

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Aug 19, 2009.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Boomer Esiason almost was a QB for the Chargers. Listening to his radio show this morning in NY and he said that the year after he retired from the Bengals (before his contract was up) that Bobby Bethard gave him a call and asked if he would be interested in coming back and QB'ing for the Chargers. His agent went back to the Bengals and they refused to release him (as the Jets did for Favre) so he could QB for us. He said that they in no way wanted him playing for the Bolts.

I little somrthing I found interesting.

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    that stuff probably goes on all the time, we just never hear about it.

3. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    And yet many will bash our GM because they don't hear about him "inquiring" about the availability of players. And yet he could be all along.:icon_shrug:

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I printed Boomer's passport a few months ago.