1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I don't care who you are

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Or what you say

AJ is killing it in the draft

We have a

OLB, DE, and SS none were reached and all have great value

Tomorrow I'd like to see AJ finish this off on a high note

4th Round:

OT: Zebrie Sanders

TE: Ladarius Green

CB: Josh Norman

5th Round

DT Josh Chapman (More of a space eater than a play maker but I feel we got enough players @ him now that he can help be better.)

WR Dwight Jones

G Brandon Washington

WR Juron Criner

7th Round

G/c Phillip Blake

2. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    To be honest I'd be pleased if he just went out and got whatever he felt was a good value pick or best player available to him, maybe someone who slid a littl unexpectedly. Hat's off to him so far, picked 3 good ones.

I think with the RBs left on the board now, AJ might now be better served just trying to get a vet. Hopefully he can pick up something for the o-line, maybe a TE, maybe a CB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    IMO, Green in the 4th & Chapman in the 5th would make this draft an absolute HAUL of good players who fit both scheme & needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    BPA = DE/LB > DL> DB > OL > TE > K in that order

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I reckon when the whistle blows and the games begin we'll all know just what the bag was about. The Bolt's need about 3-4 additional and convincing wins where defense plays a role and contributes in a menacing manner. Then the coronation can begin.

6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Great call on Reyes

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    My cluster = Lamar Miller, Bobby Massie, Ronell Lewis, Orson Charles, Cyrus Gray, Brandon Washington, Alameda Ta'amu, Chris Polk.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I agree and I think all these players were all value picks, I think all these guys I listed are all projected to go late 2nd 3rd and 4th

9. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    If we we able to land Massie, Lewis or Charles this round I'd be stoked.

Anyone else agree AJ is killing it. It's almost like he's confusing other GM's by not taking bonehead mistakes they're doing it for him

In my opinion (which is my opinion, and true Im not a scout close to these players or anything) Rueben Randle should have been the 3rd WR off that board, Nothing against Wright going ahead of him but many other WR's that went ahead of him were questionable IMO

New York got a steal

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks.

Hoping we grab Chapman. I guess the ACL injury has caused him to slip. Thought he'd go in the 3rd.

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Not likin how far Massie and Te'amu have fallen. I might still consider Te'amu if he continues to fall to the 5th pick.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I was never a big Randall fan, but I bet the Colts were not happy to see hum go 1 pick before theirs. NYG really needs a TE, I was surprised they passed on Allen.

13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    They really do but I think they may think that Bennett may be better than any of the rest available at the moment or may be just letting one fall to them, maybe they like Rodriguez or someone like that

14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I think Chapman would be great, let him learn and heal up then plug him in next year

15. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    My cluster would be : Alameda Ta'amu, Lamar Miller, Chris Molk, Nigel Bradham, Orson Charles, Dwight Jones, Marvin McNutt, Alfonzo Dennard, Ronnell Lewis, Audie Cole, Zebrie Sanders, Ladarius Green, Brandon Boykin, Bobby Massie, Jared Crick, Brandon Washington, Cameron Johnson, Tommy Streeter, David Molk, Jonathan Massaqoui, Justin Bethel, Antonio Allen, Vontaze Burfict..

List goes on and on.. There are some value picks especially these guys left in the 4-7 rounds, some pretty good depth in this draft, obviously these guys aren't plug in and play players but most of them can make a little impact this year and bigger next year and down the road..

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  17. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I hear you but you really can't grade a draft as a measure of how well AJ predicts the future. I grade this draft highly simply because they've chosen excellent players to fill needs based on best information without reaching, or otherwise causing me to scratch my head. I like the picks, so the grade from me is high. If they turn out to be busts, I can't find enough red flags or reaches to really blame AJ. Sometimes that's just how it goes.

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I also would rather trade up and get a value pick in the 6th round, but I would start looking at next years draft as well. Obviously we are not going to get a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rounder. But 4th for next year works, were gonna need some pieces because I'm already excited for next year. The fact we'll have Jammer and Cason as free agents, cornerback HAS to be the number 1 priority.

Tyrann Mathieu will be a Charger next year mark my words, he's only 5'9, but he plays as if he is the biggest man on that field.. Manti Te'o is another position of need and could be a consideration..

But lets get 2012 finished, BOLT UP!

19. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    your really think matheiu is gonna be there when we pick at 32?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    32? Super Bowl predictions already?

Whether we are in the 15-20 range, he'll be there, if were 20+ range we HAVE to trade up for him..