1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I don't know about you guys but this makes me cringe.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Sep 28, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There were a few times I saw Rivers look down at his knee after taking a hit. A few times I saw him put his hand on his knee too.

It's probably nothing but it certainly gives reason for concern.

2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    dude he needs a couple of those new old e high gravities and he will be just fine. they have the same properties as cortisone shots. rivers is the man and until the dallas d from 93 comes back this teams going all the way you heard peaz

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm sure most Chargers fans **** their pants just a little.

I know I did.

O-line was not good today.

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    Maybe Hardwick getting the rust off?

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    QFT - Ditto. The O-line needs to learn from this week b/c Philip took a beating today and I don't ever want to see that again.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Also,

Dear Norv,

When the rush is coming as hard as it was today, umm, maybe some short drops, hmmm?

Kthxbai

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Add the Buster Davis crossing pattern play to the list that was so effective against the Jets.

That play would have helped today.

8. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    He was probably checking on it. I know when I sprang my ankle every time I would look at it even when it didn't hurt.

People with injuries, past, do that to check on them and see if they are ok. He didn't limp and he ran better than he has for a while. Plus those braces help protect his legs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Part of it too is the brace, its gotta feel awkward when that thing gets shifted around when he gets hit.

His clutch first down run was classic Rivers: find a way to make a play.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I really hope that is the case - everytime he reaches to adjust his sock I get nervous hehehe, let alone sacked or winces or anything. :icon_eek:

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    knee braces are really strange especially if youre used to just having ur clothes on you, no extra things like headbands and sleeves and ankle braces. i know for basketball, my knee braces get shifted around all the time. i wasnt worried about rivers today i kinda figured he just needed to adjust something, but when he gets carried off or gets taken out, then ill be worried

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I have worn braces. They shift around and can chafe a bit even without being dropped on by more than three hundred pounds of drooling flesh. I had some momentary concern, but it didn't look serious. Hardwick needs to round into game shape fast and PR needs to get the timing back on the exchanges. Newberry can also play guard and I wonder if he would be a better start in some games, or maybe Shelton, since he can play both tackle and guard.

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I think it has more to do with Hardwick being undersized for a center. He tends to have trouble against the larger interior D-linemam. Nick was much more effective against a guy like Warren Sapp.

That said, I'm sure he was rusty and that played a part. I also saw Tolbert missing some blitz pickups and other pass-blocking assignments. That really needs to get straightened out if we want to keep Philip healthy.

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly. I have a big brace I used to wear when I played certain sports. I was always having to adjust it after falling or something. I'm sure that was most of it.

15. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Rivers was wincing again today, and had no zip, and wasn't throwing off his back foot. He isn't right.

Tomlinson isn't right

Gates isn't right

We are wounded adn we won't be getting any better or more consistent until we get healthy, which at this rate may very well be a long while.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah. He seemed to have some pain in the very beginning.

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    rivers was not rivers the entire game, he was on a few plays, but he wasnt the southern firecracker were used to

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    My couch coaching self noticed how Clary was wtfbbqpwnedsauced. When I see our offense on the field it looks like they are thinking so damned hard about something. It's like they have a giant multi handled broom shoved up all their @sses, they really ought to loosen up.