1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I fricken love Shawne Merriman

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I saw his video on Chargers.com where he was being interviewed in his locker.

He is saying everything we are saying. Players need to get an attitude, hate to lose, and WRAP UP!

This guy is going to start shaking some muthas by the neck and get the team going. It is not too late!

I love seeing stuff like that, now he needs to call a players only meeting and get in some faces, get some fire in the players bellies!

He can do it! Watch the brutha!

:abq1::bolt:GO CHARGERS!!!!:bolt::abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I love him to, but I fear it is too late.

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    5-5? Too late? That only means the best we can do is 11-5. That is damn good! Before last season the BEST season the Chargers had was in 94 when they went 12-4. This is the NFL, 14-2 seasons do not happen every year!

It is not too late until we get 8 losses...

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    when ur 1st in ur division its never to late...but then again our coach is norv lol

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    NO MORE TALKY, SHAWNA...

- Maurice "pocket hercules" Jones-Drew
    :lol:

6. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Merriman haters get a clue. The guy is still a thug and a bad ***. We got a lot more problems than Lights Out that is for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

:yes:

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I love your thinking Concudan. It's not too late. And if we run the table we are 11-5. Not too shabby. Only thing is, we have Norv Turner. And that doesn't make me feel too cozy. The only thing I pray for is the players play like they did last season (and win) despite the bad coaching. I love the idea of running the table. Lets start this Sunday against the frickin Ravens. We owe them for last year anyway. We SHOULD kill those black birds!!!! Depends on what team shows up.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTbCtjX_y0w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTbCtjX_y0w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Watch Merriman get blown up by Darren Sproles' twin.

10. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    I think it is too late because of the game performance, not just the record. I don't really see them making progress in any area. As someone said in an earlier thread, even if they do win the West because of the poor competition, I just don't believe they can put 60 minutes together and beat another playoff team. If they showed improvement week-to-week, that would be something, but I haven't seen it. A few bright spots here and there of course, but as a team, we have seen very little.

Trust me, I am trying to be as positive as I possibly can, but I think it was over with the KC loss. That was the game they could not lose. They came out strong but when they had a few hiccups, it felt like they quit. I have seen that same quit several more times since then. I can hang my hopes on many things, but not on quitting.

I don't mind getting beat much if the team leaves it all on the field. This is pro ball and sometimes you lose, but until I can see consistent fight in them for more than a quarter, half, or even a game, my hopes and expectations will be low.

Where was that Debbie Downer pic?? [​IMG]

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Trumpy, Seriously, I don't understand your sudden vendetta against Merriman. Did he kick you dog or something? You kick a dude like Shawne, one of the best players on the team, when he gets beat on one play, then spent the rest of your week defending one of the weakest links on the team. And you say my talent evaluating skills suck? :lol: in your face.

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    If that is the same Merriman that was able to blow up 320 pound offensive linemen two years ago then fuc me fredy. Any way you go about it Merriman underestimates his competition. Matt Light owned him hard in the playoffs.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTbCtjX_y0w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTbCtjX_y0w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I knocked over my beer and calling him an effing pussssy so loud I almost busted my windows like a Memorex commercial.

I watched the replay on my DVR on gameday and could not believe what I saw. He was just talking about playing with his big boy pads and how we forgot them against the Vikings and then he gets owned like that? He needs to shut the fuc up and play.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Aside from having his feet in front of him (Merriman that is), Maurice is no slouch and he knows how to use leverage to his advantage. Other than that, I think each of his legs is the width of Merriman's torso. Guy runs around on tree trunks.

Lay off Merriman. At least he's trying to talk people out of their slumber. Particularly ex-Arena football players who still have their jammies on and eating fruit loops at 10am. HaHa!

15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

:icon_bow:

16. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    remember trumpie is the guy that said hart was the next big thing also lol

17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    If Merriman was such a violent player as he claims to be then he should have bent his knees and poped MJD between the pads instead of thinking he's just going to waltz to the QB. I will let him take this as a lesson but if I see it again it is a big no-no.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    While I didn't go to the lengths you have... I also nearly spewed my beer all over my 7 mo. old, newly baptized (that morning) baby boy. Not kidding. We had just returned from the church and my reaction to this play was something like: "HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!" :lol:

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :clap: BRAVO!! :clap:

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    AND?

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He blindly defends Hart. That's all you need to know.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yeah... Sometimes he has no clue. But like a dumb puppy ya gotta love him.:D

23. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Trumpy is my boy, but his judgement is whack.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    A great guy, but I will never tell him that!

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's time for all these players to shut the fawk up and produce. I don't care if they hate the coach or not ( Norv ain't there to be their best friend ) They are professional players so start acting like it.

I'm tired of all the long faces after stupid losses, then I have to watch LT spew his BS, he's bummed out because he ain't getting his touches. hell he needs to start doing something with them when he does. Rivers, needs to start acting like the leader of the offense, yesterday it looked like he was trying but so few others seemed like they were into the game.

Chambers is probably pissed at what he's now seeing and who the hell would blame him. Yeah it's time to show me what you can do and quit telling me what you can do.:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  26. ntman68

Ratings:
    +139
    Chambers is one of the bright spots on the season. I really like what I see from him.

• Like Like x 1
  27. eastcoastboltgal

eastcoastboltgal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +695
    I fricken love you for loving Shawne Merriman

[​IMG]

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I like what I've seen from Chambers, but he's seeing the melt down from a birds eye view. he came here to help and now it looks like the fawking roof is falling in.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    [​IMG]

Garsh... [​IMG]

30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

get a room!!!

:icon_tease::icon_tease::icon_tease: