1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I gotta say the raiders are having a great draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, Apr 29, 2007.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I know we all hate the raiders here and have a tendency to trash their every move and so on and so forth but I personally believe they are having an incredible draft.

Say what you want about the Russell pick but they did what they had to in landing their franchise QB, and that's exactly what he'll be...

They got the guy that was believed the be the best TE in the nation all season until Olsen ran fast at the combine in Zach Miller...

They got a guy with their thrid that two years ago was projected higher than gaines adams as a top three pick in Quentin Moses...

Johnie Lee-Higgins is fast, very fast, we'll see if that works out for him...

and they just picked up Michael Bush with their fourth, once again, I believe an excellent pick, would have gone top ten if he hadn't been injured and Brees's Doc is saying he is 99% now...

Like i said, i know we all like to talk **** about the raiders but i think theyve had a great draft and are building a powerful team, as soon as their o-line gels.

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    They must have locked Uncle Al in the back room because I agree although they still need to address the o-line. They won't stay down forever and it will be fun watching Rivers and Russell go at it in the future. I think they'll finish higher than the Chiefs in the division next year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    They just added John Bowie.... :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_rofl:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I gotta admit I was thinking the same thing

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Especially getting rid of Moss, adding McCown and Williams and their draft.

The only positive is Mario Henderson is their only OL this year so far

They didn't fix the biggest hole they have and that's the best thing you could ask for

7. KTM

KTM BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    yes, they're having a good draft but remember...
    they still are under control of Al Davis = no chance

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Every year, teams who pick at the top of every round are lauded for their great picks, and yet it seems that there are certain teams that are back at the top year after year--Cle, Det, Oak.

The Turds appear to have addressed some needs and gotten some good football players. But they were picking first for a reason.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The Raiders are 1 good offensive draft away from being a..........5 win team. LOL

No seriously. They already have a good D, I dont like seeing them do this well in the draft.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    fuk the raiders

they are not worth the time it took to write this.........

Russell = Culpepper

great arm, but will be an injury risk

imo

:icon_evil:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

THey're all convinced that w/ new coaching and new scheme they will be great.:icon_eek: they going to cut blocking, that seems to involve a lot of lieing down in the right spot so who know?

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Ok.

So yesterday you posted an inflammitory thread bashing AJ's divine greatness and today you post a thread praising the ENEMY.

Your cover has officially been blown Raider lover.

13. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    did they have a good draft or not?

14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    No. They barely addressed their greatest need, O Line, and they passed on the best player in the draft.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude - FUC THE RAIDERS

As far as their O-Line jelling ? Are you serious ? I do not see Gallery jelling or anyone on that line jelling and short of blowing out the entire line, they will suck assss until the cows come home.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if your talking about me i'm driving to El Centro and personally kicking your vato *** all the way to Charger park :icon_tease:

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Why would I be calling you out?

I was talking to the threadstarter.

And you can drive to El Centro as much as you want. Good luck finding me there since I live in CHula Vista.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Hard not to when your picking at the top of every round. Only way to phuck that up is if you draft badly .....like Beathard did. Just a matter of if they picked the right guys. Im not high on Higgins, but Bush could be great if his leg heals 100%

Russell could be great if he applys himself. He will be a big key to their success.

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    well damnit i'll drive out there and leave you on the flightline of NAF El Centro

20. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    M. Bush will be a stud.

The rest is crap, including JaMarbles .....

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'll sedate you with the awesome food down there and you'll forget all about fighting.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::rolleyes::fan:

23. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    It wasn't so long ago that we had the #1 pick. I agree with the general consensus around here that the while the Raiders had a very good draft, they still didn't address a huge need, their oline. Besides QB, I think it was their biggest need.

Still, they are now a better team than they were before this weekend. If they find a patch together the oline into something decent, they could be a real threat in a few years.