1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I Hate To Imagine It But I Gotta Ask...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Would You Still Support The Bolts If The Left San Diego?:icon_shrug:

:unsure: I Have Mixed Feelings About This....I Really Love This Team And Have Known No Other Fanhood Than Bolthood....Through All The Heartache And Pain I Still Love What It Means To Root For This Club....

But I Would Be Extremely Upset If They Left As Well, And Depending On Where They Go...Might Determine How I Respond...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I've been a transplant fan for half my life, I'd still root for them no matter where they played their home games.

That being said, I want them to stay in San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I dont know if I feel that way any longer. It has become more apparent that the government of San Diego does not want them, even though the people of San Diego do... IMO

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Irrelevant to the fact that I love the location and an added excuse to go there.

Not to mention people I hang out with at the game that might not be fans anymore if they played elsewhere.

6. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +501
    Where would they go? Vancouver Chargers? That doesn't sound right, besides...when Buffalo moves to Toronto, that will be enough to satiate the NFL's push into Canadia for a little while. The Sacramento Chargers? That doesn't sound right either. The L.A. Chargers. That's were this is heading...the NFL will get a team or two to move there if it's the last thing they do...and it looks like we are heading up the road a little.
    At least it's not the San Antonio Chargers...

Someone getter done in San Diego! There is a way...someone needs to step up and cut through all the shite!!

7. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan New Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I thought about this a lot myself and I'm still not really sure. Of course I would much rather that they stayed in San Diego.

If they do end up leaving I suppose a lot of it will depend on how they leave. If they spend over a decade without any success trying to find a place for a stadium in San Diego and then leave because they get offered one somewhere else, then I'll probably continue to support them. However, if they sneak out of the city in the middle of the night a la the Baltimore Colts or the Baltimore Ravens/original Cleveland Browns then that wouldn't sit very well with me, and then I will have to question my allegiance with them.

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If they have to move I'd prefer the San Antonio Chargers over the LA Chargers.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    They can come to Vegas. Who wouldnt want to come here?

Loosen up your stupid rules NFL. Gambling is everywhere and the bigger percentage comes from places other than Vegas where it is actually governed.

Where did the info come from on that corrupt NBA referee?

VEGAS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I would support a move to Vegas if they have to leave San Diego.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Stockton 2012 baby!! WOO HOO!! :lol:

12. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    of course, but not being from SD or even US i guess its not the same..but if its essentially the same team/staff etc then count me in

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    That would be HELLA sweet for us Norcalers.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I just hope that if they do move they don't feel the need to change the nickname.

15. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I dont care, ill say it, NO i wouldnt

Ive supported this team through thick and thin, been a long time season ticket holder, spent god know how much on merchandise, and then after all that, im suppose to support a team that leave town for more money? Its almost like their saying, hey SD is ok, but there is more money in LA, so peace!

That would be a huge slap in the face.

let me ask you guys, how many of you guys are Clippers or Rockets fans? I mean they were SD teams that left, if you would support the chargers if they left, why wouldnt you support the clippers?

Go to Houston and see how many Oiler/titans fan there are, or how many rams fans there are in LA or ravens fans in cleveland.

If the team leave, **** them.
    Ill still support the players, but wont even bother following the team or care if they win. hell id probably become a cards fan if that ever happens

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to stick with them, especially if you're born and raised San Diego.

It's a lot easier for me to stick with them because I've been all over the country my entire life.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would not support this team for **** if they leave the County of San Diego. I would be DONE with the NFL the way I am done with baseball after the strike.

As a matter of fact, I am not spending one more dime on Bolt gear until I see if this team is staying or leaving.

Loyalty is only as thick or thin as one's wallet.

Oh and if the team wants to charge us PSL's (personal seat licensing) on new stadium seating, F-Them and F any idea of PSLs.:bolt:

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    SD has made a lot of mistakes... but if they let the Chargers leave it will be the biggest mistake that this city has ever made... :icon_evil:

Well except for maybe letting Tony live here... :lol:

:icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'd hate to imagine it too, so let's NOT talk about it!!! :icon_evil:

But to answer your question... I'm a "San Diego Charger!!!"
    If they moved to LA and became the Southern California Chargers... Maybe. Otherwise... F*** EM'!!!

BTW... some of you are so set that if they move out of San Diego, it will be LA. What if they move to San Antonio or Portland?

Also... some of you keep laughing at LA Raider fans. Well what would separate you from them if a move were to happen?

20. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Patriots are a lovable bunch. <GRIN>

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly... I plan on getting a Chargers tattoo but not until a stadium deal is done in San Diego!!!

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Not many fans have the nuts to talk about how the Chargers have quietly left out the phrase "San Diego" from any and ALL marketing materials for the last 5 years if not more. The mother fkers are getting ready to say F-U. :yes:

It makes the name "Chargers" that much easier to swallow as a team logo to the recipient city. :bolt:

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Conc don't pizz me off. The Bolt's belong to San Diego just I do. No matter where I'm at in life, San Diego and the Bolts are my home. Simply the greatest city on earth no to mention our football team. GO BOLTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like Like x 1
  24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    get over it dude, your city leaders are to blame not the team.:no:

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The marketing ploy is a coup. Dropping the name "San Diego" was smart business.

The team has never offered to PAY for the land which bothers me as a fan.

Maybe the city council is not as screwed up with respect to the Chargers as we are lead to believe ?

The **** stinks and I can not lay all the blame on the city. Two are in bed on this deal.

26. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Well, I hate to state the obvious, but they're RAIDER fans... that kind of separates them from humanity. :icon_shrug:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Right now... They're still the "San Diego Charges."
    So let's keep everything that way. We all know there is a possibility of a change. There is also a possibility one of us bursting into flames. No need to lose sleep over either.

All I can say is that if the Chargers move out of San Diego... I'll keep my season tickets and scalp the to all the fake fans in here for twice the face value. That way, I'll make back the $$$$ I paid to support them.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Do you support LA Raider fans?

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think this thread should be closed.

If the Chargers move out of San Diego... I'll consider myself a free agent fan. Then again, I might not even be a NFL fan.

Seriously... what's the point of following any team when all that matters in $$$$? I get that this is a business but if $$$$$ is all that matters, then everybody should be a Yankees fan or a Cowboys fan.

BOTTOM LINE... they move out of San Diego, they aren't getting anymore of my money. Maybe not even NFL.
    I'll treat my season tickets as a business just like they treat my fan support!!!

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Don't be delusional.

Money's the bottom line for every franchise of every sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.