1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I Hate To Imagine It But I Gotta Ask...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Your an idiot! :yes:

Believe what you wanta believe. But I know the truth. :yes:

Your a Bandwagoner. :tdown:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know the truth. You got 82 and 92 confused.
    That's why your answer is calling me an idiot and a bandwagoned.

Though I don't see why you feel such a deep need to cover up a mistake like that. Everybody has made them. But you'll fight a trillion posts before you admit to a simple mistake.
    You act as if this mistake is threat to your manhood or something.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I don't think that's what people are having a tough time understanding.

I think the confusing part is the implication that comes behind your desire to beat this point down ad neausum in this thread.

Most fans won't stick with the team....ok, what's your point? What bearing should this factoid have on my decision?

Am I to take this news in and have it affect whether or not I choose to continue to follow the team?

Because if you're not lecturing us all on the after affect on the former fan bases after a team moves with the intent of telling us that's how we're supposed to respond you may as well be telling people the sky is blue.

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :icon_rofl:
    You just don't know what your talking about....again!:yes:

I have NO problem admitting when I'm wrong, when it comes to the Chargers,But that's never happened! :yes: I've followed this team since I was 9. You joined in after the Colts left Baltimore. :yes:

Keep flapping your gum's.

Colts4life, strikes again! :icon_rofl:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That question was directed towards one poster in particular, and it wasn't you.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    My point still stands. :icon_shrug:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Old age has seemed to really take a toll on you and Conc. You're both only in your 40's but have the memory of 70 year olds.

I joined in 79. The Colts were still in Baltimore at that time but they weren't my team. I've stated it many times, so please take note this time.

But... let's say your story is true. If I had jumped on the Chargers bandwagon in 84... they finished 7-9. That wouldn't be a very good bandwagon to jump on, would it.
    So even if your story were true... how could I be a bandwagoner if I jumped aboard while they were a losing team.
    So there's something else you can add to your list of wrongs!!! :lol: :yes:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Scroll back and read some of Concs posts on this thread.
    I'd pretty much have to write a book to explain.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I've somewhat followed along in the purse fight, but in the end it all centers around the same thing we were first going back and forth on.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +911
    I refuse to worry about it, or even think about it unless it actually happens.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    What is hard to understand is if you mean what you type or there is some other meaning you think you conveyed...

There are colts fans in baltimore. I am sure there are sports bars that still have Colt parafenalia up on the walls. Again, it seems you are talking absolutes. To that point I ask you to provide evidence to back up what you are saying.

Are you saying the Ravins have no fan base in Cleveland? None?
    Are you saying that the Cardinals have no fan base in St. Louis? None? I can tell you of 10 people I met when in SL that loved BOTH Cardinals teams... So I dont think your theory holds water.

I hope this helps you understand that I am on my rocker, now bring the topic back to Chargers moving and stop trying to insult people to prove a point.

TO ALL, lets stop the insults. They are not needed. Consider this a friendly request before things have to escilate. Thanks...

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :lol: No, YOU are saying there are NO people who still follow their former home team.

You met 10 people in St Louis that like the Cardinals... Well 10 is not the population of St. Louis. So I don't think your theory holds. :lol:
    10 is not a small minority... it's hardly a percentage.

If there is anybody in Baltimore that likes the Colts, it's about the same #. Like I keep saying... "Go to a Ravens forum and ask them how much they love the Indianapolis Colts!"
    There may be some bars in Baltimore that have Baltimore Colts paraphernalia on the walls but with it is also the front page of the Colts moving out of Baltimore at 2:30 AM in a blizzard.
    They hate the Indianapolis Colts!!!!

You talk as if everybody was happy the day their home team left town.
    Like I keep saying... instead of basing all of your assumptions around these 10 people you met in St. Louis...
    Go to a Ravens forum and discuss the Indianapolis Colts.
    Go to a Browns forum and discuss the Ravens and Art Modell.
    Go to a Rams forum and discuss the Arizona Cardinals.
    Go to a Texans forum and discuss the Tennessee Titans.
    Maybe that will give you a better idea of how the MAJORITY feels!!!

Your "10 people theory" is squat!!!

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223

Alan, I consulted for nearly two years with a company of about 350 people. Of those 350 10 were fans. So if you want to laugh yourself silly about not being the whole population go ahead. Again, I think you are posting something other than you 'think' your posting. Hard to carry on a conversation with you, when you dont even know what it is your posting... Just sayin...

Say, do you know the whole population of San Diego? :icon_huh:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey Conc... I know 10 people who listen to "45 Grave."

What makes that so confusing is that why they are not playing in sold out arena instead of dive bars!!! :hilarious:

The "10 People Conc Theory!!!" :hilarious: :hilarious:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You bet I'm laughing at you... 10 people?!!! :lol:

Like I keep saying... instead of basing all of your assumptions around these 10 people you met in St. Louis...
    Go to a Ravens forum and discuss the Indianapolis Colts.
    Go to a Browns forum and discuss the Ravens and Art Modell.
    Go to a Rams forum and discuss the Arizona Cardinals.
    Go to a Texans forum and discuss the Tennessee Titans.
    Maybe that will give you a better idea of how the MAJORITY feels!!!

What is stopping you? :icon_shrug:

BTW... 350 isn't even close to the population of St. Louis either. 10 out of 350 is hardly a sliver.
    So I don't get your "10 people theory" at all.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Does this include you?

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Why is this so hard to understand?

I just wanted to see what your standard question looks like in alternate colors.

No point.

Just like most of your posts.

:icon_shrug:

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I sure as hell am not going to root for any team that calls Los Angeles home, but if the Chargers move out of San Diego. Then stick a fork in me I am done. I have Baseball, and that goes year round here in San Diego.

19. allendas

allendas Bolts 2013!!!

Ratings:
    +6
    Since im from Pa. it wouldn't be any different to me but i surely hope they stay in Diego becuse it would be hard too image them some where else.The real killer would be if they changed the charger name that would be their whole identity gone,that's what would really suck

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I think we all want them to stay, but you bring up a chilling factor. I know the NFL insited on the Browns franchise name remaining in Cleveland. It would suck if the San Diego Chargers became something else all together...:icon_eek: :tdown:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    You posted this:
    Now correct me if I am wrong but you are stating as a fact that there is no fan base for the cardinals in SL. There is. There are more than 10. 10 I know personally. So again, you are wrong.

As to your post about insulting people. I have not insulted you. If you feel that is untrue, please accept my humble apologies... But the request remains. Discuss things without insulting one another.

If you feel you need further clarification please discuss it in PM.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    You still haven't informed me as to what the point is behind this lecture of what the majority feels.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    let me know if you get an answer to that... because I am kinda lost at this point... :lol:

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But that won't happen here. You can bet your life on it.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Can i bet your life instead? :icon_tease:

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Before you call out the idiots consider that it should have said "you're and idiot or "you are" an idiot

but

YOUR an idiot ?

I love the irony. :lol:

Only on a forum do we get such priceless moments. :lol: :icon_banana:

• Like Like x 1
  27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Again... 10 out of 350 is next to none. There may be some who have good memories of the St. Louis Cardinals but that doesn't mean that today they cheer for the Arizona Cardinals.
    There are many people in Baltimore who were around during the Johnny Unitas days and can spend all day talking about the Baltimore Colts. But they HATE the Indianapolis Colts.

You're the one who keeps using phrases like "none," "all," and "everybody." What I said several times "people who still follow their former home team are a small minority. The majority of people in those cities hate their former team!"

As for insults... all I did was cracked about age towards you and LVBF. I think you better scroll back and take a look some posts from both of you if you're concerned about insults.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Tony just helped you out.

29. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Funny that huh ? I agree. The Chargers have an out in that they started in Los Angeles

The old "Dog Pound" at the Browns stadium would have tore down that part of the country if they lost the Browns name.

Our Chargers Lightning endzone does not even come close to what the Dog Pound was to the Browns. Those crazy fucs threw out dog biscuits, dinosaur bones, you name it out onto the field and at the players. The snowball which knocked out one of our coaches is nothing compared to what was launched from the Brown's dog pound area.

We played the Browns the year everyone knew they were bailing and it was here in San Diego. That was the only game where I could not play TAPS for those fans in the parking lot. :icon_eek: I could see it in their eyes that their team was getting yanked and rubbing it in was just classless. I would hate any SOB that would rub it in "that way". It is the ONLY freaking time I have haired out in giving a team **** with the horn. If I had to do it all over again.....I would do the same thing.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    K. Well it first started with Conc not agreeing that the vast majority of fans don't follow their former home team.

Then I brought up how we mock Raiders fans by calling them "Traidors." We laugh at how they have so many fans in LA when LA doesn't have a team.
    Conc said "there aren't any Chargers fans that say that." I proved him wrong."
    If we became LA Chargers fans, wouldn't just like them?

Now he feels that the 10 people (out of 350) that he knows proves that St. Louis is loaded with Cardinals fans.
    Well if there's 10 for every 350... that's hardly any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.