1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I have a feeling..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, May 5, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I may have said this last year, but this year, even though its early and we still have a few pieces to add, I feel real confident about this team this year!

How about you guys?

:abq1::abq2:

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    I had a feeling too, but I numbed it with alcohol. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I've had a feeling for the last 5 years...then the pills wore off and I remembered Norv is still here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I feel better about this year's team than I did about last year's team. That will have no impact on our W-L record, or playoff performance however.

5. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I think were a contender for the playoffs.. I would love to play the Patriots.. I just want one win against them in the playoffs before they bury me.. and for Phillip to conquer *** boy Brady..

But in the future as well, hopefully Liuget pans out well, and Ingram, Reyes, and Taylor as well. Looking at 3 solid players there for the future and add in Thomas, Martin, Butler, Weddle, Gilchrist, and hopefully Wright or if Cason can turn it around.

6. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    I always get a "feeling" about my Chargers ............... its commonly known as dejection.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's that time of year.

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Call me a homer but me too.

I know I'm being optimistic but I'm going to expect the OLine to play like the end of '11 and not the beginning. That alone would make a huge difference.

I'm also expecting the same of Gates. Honestly, I thought his career was largely done with the toe injury... and that was long before last season. But he looked great (and consistent) as the season ended. I'm going against my previous predictions and saying the chronic injury is behind him.

We will miss Jackson but with our WR additions in the off season and Gates' health improving, I think we'll have a more well rounded passing game. (I actually don't remember when we last had a better set of position appropriate receivers.) Less explosive, mind you, but now with a complement of receivers who have different skill sets. I'm hoping this will help with the Offense stalling out in the first half of games with the boom or bust passing strategy.

Additions at LB. Love the addition of Johnson. Ingram is not going to be an English.

The Dline is still a question mark. I wish we had a ProBowl monster up front. We don't. I'm hoping Reyes can be increment up how the Dline is playing. Just a little bit so our depth at LB can shine.

It's funny. Looking back at what I wrote, I realized much of it is based on offseason moves. I love that they were made but until they pan out on the field, they're just on paper. But hey, I'm a fan. If I can't be excited by some good personnel moves in the offseason then I'd be a pretty poor one.

Edit: Oh wait. Norv. :(

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I too think this team is better than last year and have high hopes but we also kinda sucked last year so that's not sayin much.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    My glass is always half full! I think we added some good players this off season, I don't see us making as many stupid mistakes, and I don't see us getting destroyed by injuries again. We battle Kansas City for the division!

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am up for whatever happens. I expect the best and fear the worst.

12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Philip cannot throw 20 INT's this year.. thats for damn sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'm optimistic but I've told my feelings to shut up this time

14. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Since the season hasn't started, I am optimistic, but have had my joy crushed on day one more than once.

15. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    The Chargers will go 0-16.
    (reverse jinx in effect):tup:

16. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I refuse into getting my hopes up, if it goes well I'll be jazzed! Damn, being a homer sux.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Haha Im always thinking "alright this is our year!" I always get excited to hear analyst on ESPN or NFL Network pick the Chargers to go all the way (and every year they do) I also say "Pfffffff what the hell does this guy know?!?!?!?!" anytime they pick Denver or KC over them as the better team.

As the year gets closer I know my opinion will change but as of now I hope to remain under the radar, if you look at our free agency we killed it we got all the right pieces a record 21 players! (should be a record at least) but because we didn't sign an all that exciting player we stayed under the radar, we'll let the Broncos and Buccaneers have their time in the light on this one.

Our draft was arguably the best draft by any team that doesn't have a cat on the side of their helmet, but because we didn't do anything exciting like move up and trade away picks it wasn't exciting to report. Even though we could have landed the best and most dangerous defensive player in this draft so again we stay under the radar.

My point being every year we're picked to go to the Superbowl and every year we fail. the team that does go to the S.B. if you look at it is always that team that nobody suspects. except for the exception of New England and the Steelers (Those F-ing guys are in it what seems to be every year) but the Cardinals, Giants, Packers, Saints are al the teams that snuck in

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Did you forget this guy is still our HC?
    [​IMG]
    Now how do you feel?

• Old Old x 1
  19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    [​IMG]

20. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Well we saw what a cornered AJ can do in the off season lets see what Norv does

21. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Probably piss himself. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    true.. Turner is the coach.. my dad's been saying for the past 5 years the Chargers won't win anything with Norv at the helm..

:(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  23. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031