1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I have lost all faith in Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, Nov 6, 2011.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I don't buy he's hurt. Rivers is just *** now. There is no other way around it. I have absolutely no faith in him when the game is on the line. I feel the same about him as I do about Nate. Both are chokers!

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Understandable so. But what faith did you have in any of the Past Charger QB's. They were as much of chokers as Rivers if not more. No hardware to show for it so I'm not putting too much strain on him as I am Norv who seems incapable of calling a complete game. Where was our running game?

3. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Don't lose faith in Rivers. Norv is riding him into the ground! Norv is no longer valuable to Rivers development as a QB. In other words he has taught him everything valuable he had to offer...now its just **** going in and effecting his play.

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    The problem is that Norv isn't going anywhere.

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Probably not, unless we miss the playoffs again...which is definitely possible at this point.

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Oh god...I am starting to hear those haunting predictions from every fan of a Norv-led-team about how he was going to drive the Chargers into the ground, coming back! arrrgh

7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

I'm not sure about 2 firsts, there is only one Raider team in the league.

8. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Cause Norv calls the plays!!!

9. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    To the topic, I have not lost all faith in Rivers, but he is a definite cause for concern right now. He is directly losing games now, something he has never done. That's what makes it all the more frustrating to watch.

Two years ago I went to the Meadowlands for the Giants game with Buck Melanoma. The Giants kicked a field goal late to put them up 6, and the two of us knew there was a better than average chance PR was going to march us right down the field in the final two minutes -- which he did -- to beat them.

Even today, with the ball and a minute left I did not have the same confidence but was hopeful. Then he threw a needless duck on second down. End of story.

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Yep, it's Norv's play calling that forced Rivers to throw 14 picks..... one more than he threw all of last season.

Beautiful logic there. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Finally people are giving norv the blame he deserves! My farts smell bad. PU

12. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    It sucks, and I feel ya, but if the shoe fits...

13. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    if the glove fits don't aquit and norv is clearly more guilty than even oj.

14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Also a good point. Norv does call the plays, and there really aren't that many routes a wr can run, but there are problems from the ground up with this team. Our pool of talent has decreased steadily since 2005 as well. For many different reasons so I don't feel like pointing a finger when it comes to how mediocre we've become.

15. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    its norv. Its not aj or spanos. FOrbes ran an article about how good this ownership is. We suck because of norval.

16. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Dude, learn to self-edit, you're not funny or very insightful. Yeah, Forbes knows a lot about NFL Football. They should ban your ******* avatar!

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I have never seen River's have such a long streak of shite play and I won't pretend to know why. I do know that the defense is as bad as it has ever been. No offense, no defense, no playoffs.

18. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    Wait wait wait, Norv calls wonderful games...hes the best HC that ever lived.

19. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    why? You don't like it when I showcase how much you're man friend sucks? You probably know alot better than I do how much norv sucks.

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Norv also sets the game plan, something that hasn't been good all year

21. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Honestly.. some of the play calling was head scratching.. but Norv did great today.. I'm one of his biggest critics.. I hate the guy but you can't blame him for Rivers' mistakes.. is Norv telling Rivers to force a ball into Gates and Jackson? Did Norv tell Rivers to under throw VJ by 6 yards? The answer is NO..

He showed extreme ballage on that onside kick.. We came back scored and we were down by a TD.. he also put belief in his defense and challenged them to go out and stop one of the best QBs out right now and receiving core and they did.. this simply falls on Rivers' shoulders again..

Rivers showed flashes of what he used to be.. I will go and bite my words that he is in a slump.. Eli had one last year too, throwing 25 INTs.. Brady, Manning the best of the best had them..

• Like Like x 5
  22. norv4wife

norv4wife Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeh. He made the plays and he is on the mic telling riverts to suck man. NOrv did tell him to underthrow vj by six yards because norv sucks.

23. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Are you retarded or just a punk? I never wanted Norv here to begin with. You're starting to really piss me off, jack ***!

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    You're aguring with another one of N4L multis. He needs this place to troll because he has nowhere else to go.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Rivers is clearly having a bad year, but even in his bad year, even with throwing two pick 6s, he threw four TDs including bringing us to the brink of tying the game. A bad QB doesn't do that. The Chiefs don't ride Cassel to victory, the Raiders don't ride Carson Palmer to victory. The Giants rarely if ever rely on Manning to come from behind to win. Rivers has the talent, has the ability, he's just making poor decisions throughout

• Like Like x 4
  26. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    I think Norv has taught him all he can. Hes just getting in Rivers way now...holding him back IMO.

27. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    and..... on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  28. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Holding him back? Yeah that makes sense. :confused:

29. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Sitting on the bench hurt again.

30. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Yes, because Norv is not to blame for anything because he is a great head coach who has led teams to multiple championships.

Rivers is to blame for the last three games as far as losing away the game. But Norv never gives this team a chance to start off quick. I still can't believe he ran on the one of the last drives against the Packers.