1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I have to post this.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I was refereeing a soccer game today. It was going ok, the visiting team had a very vocal parent on the side lines though. The guy was verbally abusive to the players a couple of times so I spoke with the coach and warned him to control his sideline, and to keep things in the realm of Good sportsmanship.

Later after a goal, the guy called his son over to the sidelines using extremely foul language. At that time I decided he was going to be expelled from the game.

As I turned he grabbed his son by the neck,. pushing him then slapped him up side the the kids head. The slap nearly knocked the kid to the ground.

At that point I blew the whistle ending the game, and walked right up to the man, screaming that there would be no more of that. We went nose to nose, the guy saying that he could do anything he wanted to his son, me informing him not on my watch.

The guy backed down after about a minute and the game ended on an extremely sour note.

My only concern now is that this jack *** of a grown man might take his anger towards me out on his son. It is really bothering me. I almost wish I had just busted his jaw... :icon_sad:

I was so mad I was shaking to the point my wife thought I was crashing...

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    I have to pist this.

This "parent" is a TURD. Physically ATTACKING, not disciplining, but ATTACKING his son like that was disgusting.

I think I would have confronted him as well.

You did right by not hammering him to the ground. Last thing you want is to be put in handcuffs.

Really is sad that ONE sour grape spoiled a soccer game. :tdown:

3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    That is sickening. :icon_sad:

I wish there was some way to put CPS on alert.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Miserable bastard of a parent

5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    These past few years, I'm sure they would catch a lot of parents doing those things...who knows, maybe they could save a lot of kids from harm and becoming gang members or lifelong criminals.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Shoulda put'im inta next week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    If enough concerned parents sign a petition, I'm sure CPS would respond, if for nothing else but to get this *******'s attention that that sort of behavior is not acceptable.

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

Doesnt "Safe Haven" kick in?

• Like Like x 1
  9. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Not that it matters, but, how old was the boy?

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    between 12 and 14.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The experience did make me hug my kids... So they have been properly scarred by it... (attempt at levity... about the scars)

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    There's a special place in Hell for that guy.

Sorry you had to deal with that. Luckily, I've never witnessed anything like that at my son's soccer games. It's hard to say how I would react. I have a real soft spot for children, and a very low tolerance for low life, scumbag child abusers........

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    It took a lot of restraint not to get physical with him. He outweighed the kid by about 200 lbs from the looks of things. Just not right at all.

Sorry SDB, I didn't mean to post something that would bother you. I was just trying to get it off of my chest.

14. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    I am so sorry this happened to you Conc. My husband has been a coach or manager in our local Little League for going on 20 years. I have always been amazed at how many ******* parents are out there. Tom is more of a teaching coach....not into winning at any cost. We had this one dad this year that was beyond......his kid would not show for practice, show up late for games, double headers which we had every Saturday this kid would show up for the second game....late again. This kid's Dad is a freak! He insists that his kid pitches every game, then stands on the side-lines coaching/screaming at the kid. When Tom was out of town....I think it was like the third to the last game....this DAD charged onto the field where his kid was playing first base, grabbed him by the throat and sent the kid sailing into the fence. How GD embarassing for that young kid!

• Like Like x 1
  15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Parents need to report incidents like that.

16. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I coached many years of Little League Baseball and I never ran into something that bad. That is child abuse period. I'm glad you got in his face. Most people would probably turn the other way.

17. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Toby...I agree! I just hope this family will not be back next year. Kind of makes me sad tho.

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, unfortunately that sort of behavior will continue unless the abuser suffers consequences, which he/she won't if incidences such as these go unreported.

19. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    I didn't get the chance to get in that aholes face. I showed up at the tail end of things. There has been police involvment in this league. We are talking about freaking 11 year old kids!

20. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    Why is it that the kids can have so much fun at a sport, win or lose but some parents can't?

21. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    This team this year did not win ONE game. The kids were soo cute. They could give a crap! I hope that they came away this year with some fundamentals of the game witch will make them good team players.

• Like Like x 1
  22. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    :yes:

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Look around this board; I've seen posters ***** and whine about something that wasn't quite right in a blow out Charger win.

24. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

I have been involved with youth Sports for about 14 Years now. I have ran into a few of those Parents. And being an Umpire doing Little League All Star Tournament games, as a Crew I have been threatened. I have seen several Police cars in the Parking lot after the Game.

So in a sense it does not surprise me at all.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sorry that you had to deal with crap like that, Conc. :icon_sad:

I commend you for restraining yourself from getting physical with the ******* "parent". It would have caused you problems & set a bad example for the kids. Reporting the guy to the proper authorities is what needs to happen. Let them put some fear into the prick.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I am all for a parent punishing a disobedient or misbehaving child. That was not the case here. The guy was apparently incapable of disengaging his ego from his son's play on the field. Perhaps he was trying to live vicariously through his son.

But he crossed a line. I am going to write a letter to his districts commissioner reporting both the parent and the coach that was allowing this to happen. I made sure I spoke with several of the parents on the sidelines after the game, and my assistant refs to ensure I did not see it incorrectly.

In my mind the coach of the team is as culpable as the guy is, because I cant believe this is the first occurrence.

• Like Like x 1
  27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Absolutely!

As coaches we all have to undergo CORI backround checks before we can even run a practice. It's a shame we can't hold the parents to the same standard, especially in cases like this.

What he did is textbook A&B and he should be held accountable for it.

28. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I commend you for your actions fine sir.:tup: You wrote only after talking and corraborating with other parents so you know you saw what you saw.

I hope this never happens again.

29. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    You're a better man than me bro. I'd have been in jail and he'd have been in the hospital if it were me.