1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I hope AJ is on the phone..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Samuel wants 10 million dollars per season. No.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    If he's willing to renegotiate I'd trade him. Wonder if the Eagles want Jammer and can move him to safety?

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The salary is a deal killer, he'd have to re-negotiate before a trade was worked out, or just get cut. And then theres the question of does he fit in our scheme, he may be the most scheme specific CB in the league.

I see us as one of the least likely teams to make a deal, and Denver, Tampa Bay, and Seattle as a couple of the most likely.

5. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Tampa - Will draft Claiborne, re-signed Barber, still have Talib's bonehead under contract, and signed Eric Wright to a big contract. So I believe there all set.
    Seattle - Carrol loves bigger CB's. Pretty high on Browner and Sherman and still have Trufant, who was expected to be released, under a huge contract. So I believe there all set.

Denver could be a possibility, I would add in a welcome back to New England but also the Titans, who lost Finnegan, Bills and the Lions in the mix as well.

the Eagles said there already cutting 2.5M off his contract, but if we can workout a deal where the Eagles can pay a couple million from his salary I would cut Jammer in a heart beat and add Samuel.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

You're assuming a lot bud. The Bucs 1st pick isn't locked in stone, there is still a chance the Vikings take Claiborn, and even if they don't Richardson in the Bucs offense would be amazing. Also guys like Richardson sell tickets, and the Bucs need to sell tickets.

Samuel would be a nice upgrade over Sherman, and a great compliment opposite Browner. Plus like Jammer, Trufant is a contract everyone in Seattle wants to get rid of.

Agree with the Lions, but I don't see where they'll get the cap space, at a minimum they'd have to cut Vanden Bosch.

7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    so it's settled we trade a 5th for Vanden Bosh:p

8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Denver already tried to trade for him, but they couldn't agree on his salary. If they can't make it work, there's no way the Chargers would be interested...... TOO MUCH MONEY.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I love trying to break this s**t down lol.. its fun..

I do agree with you, but Kalil is BPA after the first two picks, he is a cornerstone player for your franchise and will be a pro-bowler AND the Vikings have a huge need at tackle.. Protecting Ponder and opening holes for Peterson can only make that team better and put fans in the seats over there! Also think they would take Blackmon over Claiborne as well.

Your right, Richardson could go to Tampa. But with an aging Barber, and Talib situation, all they have is Eric Wright who really isn't all that good in regards to his contract and they could get a possible shut down corner rather than see him fall to their division rivals, the Panthers who also need help at that position.