1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I know Hindsight is 20/20 but.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Nov 7, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    now that we know Buster is looking to be more "Bust" (no "er") don't you think they should have taken the guy I really wanted, WR Anthony Gonzales from Ohio State? I like what he's doing for Indy and like that he fulfills our "Small Fast White Dude" role (ala Tim Dwight and Wes Welker) I know, his last name is "Gonzales" but you know what I mean. He would have fit in quite nicely in our offense as a 3rd WR with all these tall brothas. :unsure:

• Like Like x 2
  2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    There's another thread already going on about buster... but I think it's too early to run him out of town. I'd give him to this time next year. I we are staked on at WR, he's not taking a valuable spot on our roster, and he's shown flashes. It's not like we have to even go out and draft a replacement WR.

I'm still at wait and see personally.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hear you mandude. I had such high hopes for Buster, I really did. But you get the nauseating feeling he just won't be able to overcome those nagging injuries. Kind of like Kijana Carter, RB from Cincy. Dude had tremendous potential, but just couldn't get on the field since he was always hurt. Some guys are just fragile and can't make it at this level health wise. I personally knew some former NFL players, one Dan Saleamua from the Lions and Chiefs (a friend from the hood in National City) and he said you have to be a physical freak to stay healthy in this league and tolerate a lot of pain.

4. StratoBoltz

StratoBoltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Yeah i now have my doubts about Buster but i was hoping he would become a good target for Rivers this year ,but these injuries are getting in the way of him progressing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Actually I would of rather picked up a DE, DT, O-linemen, or even an ILB.

We need all of them more than we need another WR.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, I agree. I think we definitely better get us a stud DT in the next draft. I don't know how long Jamal is going to hold up. I think those knees are being held together by glue and duct tape.....:icon_eek:

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    My hindsight is actually 20/10

We passed on Greg Jennings.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Heck, I'm still pissed we didn't get POLAMALU (sitting there for us in the draft at pick 15 a few years ago) Instead, we got Sammy "Candyman" Davis and Terrance "Cough Syrup" Kiel.....:icon_sad:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I would've drafted Weddle in the first round, just so we could've kept those extra draft picks we gave up to move back and get him. From there, maybe Waters and Bush in the third round with our two 3s, beyond that idk, not much really late second that appeals to me.

If people insisted on drafting weddle where we got him then maybe grab Posluzny the LB from Penn State. He's tearing it up in the middle and be a hell of a lot better then Wilhelm. Man imagine combing him with Waters.

• Like Like x 1
  10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I don't really understand what AJ was thinking in 2007.

Just a waste of a draft.

11. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Who's the chick in the avatar?

12. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    At WR we have potentially 5 guys who could contribute.
    I smell trade bait.

We need 2 OL and 2 DL for next year and have limited draft picks to fill them with.

I can see Buster being traded to fill one of these positions.
    (Strangely enough, I also believe we may draft a WR lower down to fill Sproles' shoes as a return man.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Add to that hiring Cotrell.....:icon_sad: