1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I know its too early but...............its never too ealry

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bolts4lyfe, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    In my opinion I believe that our biggest 3 needs are O-Line, WR and CB

My question is what should we do first. Personally I think we should go WR first if we have a shot at getting

Keenan Allen, or Robert Woods (personally my 2 favorite this year) my thinking on this is obviously we need an o line but I feel there is more talent to be had in 2nd and 3rd rounds at that position especially considering we would likely get a Guard or RT.

CB is another huge need but (this is where I'd really like to hear opinions on this) Obviously Milliner is going to be the 1st CB taken

But are Rhodes and Banks that much greater prospects than need to be had or are players like Nickell Robey, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne, and Desmond Trufant just as talented who can also be had at later rounds? also are Eric Fisher, Jake Mathews, greater prospects than a Keenan Allen, Robert Woods?

1st mock draft and defiantly not the last

1st Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    The 6-foot-3, 205-pound Allen looks like he could have the talent to be a big-time receiver. Allen caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns as a freshman in 2010. He put together a huge 2011 season, racking up 98 receptions for 1,343 yards and six scores. To go along with ideal size, Allen has the speed to make big plays downfield.
    Allen looks like the complete package, He uses his size and strength to run routes in the short to intermediate part of the field, but has no hesitation running crossing routes and is very adept at picking up yards after the catch. Allen is an aggressive play-maker who attacks the football in the air. He is sure-handed and already well-developed.

Not only does Allen have the speed to run downfield, but he beat defenses over the top, too. Allen has a second gear and the explosion to break off big gains. He is faster than many defensive backs expect and is physical with defenders

2nd Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
    The Chargers need to find help at tackle, especially the right side. Maybe 2013 will finally be the year they address the weakness.

Aboushi is a left tackle prospect who could have been a top-50 pick if he had entered the 2012 NFL Draft. The senior should only get better this year. The 6-foot-6, 310-pounder has quick feet and is a natural left tackle. He also is a good run-blocker with some power and mobility. Aboushi's run blocking looks very improved as a senior.

Aboushi could rise high in the 2013 NFL Draft class and comes from a school that has produced a lot of offensive tackle talent. Some teams could consider moving him to right tackle.

3rd Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

San Diego doesn't have much at the cornerback position. Finding some long-term corners will be critical for the Chargers' defense.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder has good speed and athleticism to go along with his size.

Hawthorne played better as he progressed through 2011. The first-year starter totaled 60 tackles, eight pass breakups and three interceptions. The junior had a big performance in the season finale against UCLA with eight tackles, 1.5 tackles for a loss, one pass breakup and an interception returned 39 yards for a touchdown.

4th Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech

Uzzi does a nice job staying low off the snap, packing a punch upon contact and moving station-to-station as a physical run blocker. Uzzi has a chance to be one of the top-five senior guards selected in the 2013 NFL Draft.

5th 6th and 7th

need RB, K, LB

2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Yes, let's draft a WR. Our QB doesn't have 3 seconds in the pocket before he's getting sacked, but let's invest in a receiver with our top pick. Genius. Let's package the rest of our picks to move back into the first after we do so and draft a kicker.

3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Dude, you read what I wrote right? I wanted to get opinions on talent, Is this guy more talented at this position than that guy at his position, WR is not as deep as O-line, and CB this year so why not get the top guy. Would you rather get Larry Fitz or Levi Brown

secondly, you threw that way out of proportion, it was a simple idea, why would we draft a RT in the 1st? only reason Decastro went in the 1st as a guard was because he may have been as good as the Pouncey Brothers and felt he was worth it, I don't think there may be a guard like that this year.

To sum it up I don't appreciate your reply about the kicker, I was asking a simple question and you blew it out of the water. makes you look like a jack as....... or should I say

fühlt man sich wie ein jack *** klingen

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Look at The Steelers, Cardinals, Eagles, Cowboys etc. they all have terrible O lines but good if not great WR's who still manage to get open and catch the ball.

I love Malcolm Floyd but he is a number 2

I love Vincent Brown but we never seen him go against number 1 corners, they were saying he was the best in camp but seeing what Royal and Meachem have done so far thats not saying a whole lot

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They do have good WRs, that they drafted in the 3rd round or later. My question for you is, who's better, Mike Wallace, or Dez Bryant? Is there a legit difference? This team needs FOUR new linemen. It needs TWO new STARTING CBs. Our NT situation is dubious going forward, and it can barely be said that we have a starting caliber TE on the roster.

This team doesn't need to invest in new WRs in the draft. Rather, it needs to invest in linemen that will give our QB more than 2 seconds worth of protection and a pocket to step up into so that the receivers we have (Brown looks very promising) can get open. It also wouldn't hurt if we had an offense that recognized the existence of the slot receiver, or that not all routes need to be 15+ yds downfield. Are Floyd, Meachem, and Royal elite receivers? Absolutely not. Will having an elite receiver on your team with declining quality on the Oline and an immobile QB get you a lot of wins? Ask Detroit.

I was terse in my response, because the idea of drafting a WR in this draft is absurd. A passrusher would be more beneficial to our roster than a WR, because at least then we'd improve our pass D. I also never suggested drafting a RT in the first, nor have I ever suggested that we should necessarily remain at our slotted draft position. In fact, we'd likely be best served, if we got a top 5 pick, by trading back and accumulating multiple picks to improve the overall quality of our roster.

We're likely headed for a top 5, maybe a top 1 if we luck out and lose to KC on Thursday.

Also, German has very complex grammar for sentences which are more complex than Subject>Verb>Object. I suggest avoiding Google Translator, it isn't your friend.

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    He's closer to 6'2", 190. Am I saying that he couldn't get to 200+ pounds? No. But he's not so large that he's going to get off press-coverage against stronger NFL corners than he's playing against the Pac-12 with ease until he puts on that additional muscle mass. Keenan Allen is the kind of WR you invest a late 1st in (see Hakeem Nicks) or early 2nd round pick in (see Greg Jennings). He's not the caliber you invest a Top 10-15 pick in - he's just not. And I'm not even sold that Allen has the quality of hands-catching ability that either Nicks or Jennings had as prospects.

The Chargers need to find help at tackle, especially the right side. Maybe 2013 will finally be the year they address the weakness.

Aboushi is a left tackle prospect who could have been a top-50 pick if he had entered the 2012 NFL Draft. The senior should only get better this year. The 6-foot-6, 310-pounder has quick feet and is a natural left tackle. He also is a good run-blocker with some power and mobility. Aboushi's run blocking looks very improved as a senior.

Aboushi could rise high in the 2013 NFL Draft class and comes from a school that has produced a lot of offensive tackle talent. Some teams could consider moving him to right tackle.[/quote]
    The way this is worded tells me you're going off of draft site rankings and reports and haven't actually watched the guy play. Aboushi is a terribly ineffective run-blocker - no aggression there whatsoever, he's far more a wall-off type than a road-grader. The height of his stock is based largely off of his having prototypical LT size, athleticism, and pass-blocking ability, but he projects really, really badly as a pro-level strongside tackle.

I'm a Hawthorne advocate, not going to argue this.

You mean the same Ga Tech interior OL that cut-blocks on every single play. Tech is where you draft project guys that have the size/athleticism potential but who you can afford to give 2 years or so to retool their fundamentals and technique, not where you draft guys you need starting sooner rather than later. Uzzi's also extremely light (he's lighter than most NFL OT's), not a quality you want from someone being asked to try and move NG's and NT's off the LOS. If we're going to take a shot on someone on the light side, I'd much rather take the flier on a guy who at least comes with far better refined/coached technique and who has played against better competition, and draft someone like Tyler Love from Alabama and kick him inside.

8. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    I guess the one positive thing we can think about now is the top 10 pick we are likely to have in next year's draft. We could even fantasize about how it won't be AJ Smith blowing that pick too as he'll be off spending his severance package on hawaiian shirts.

Much as I don't like to say this, I see CB being the first round pick. I know this is kind of a shame as it'd be the 3rd time since 2006, but we need it.

OL in second round would then be a must...

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    The perk in having that high a pick is there's a legitimate shot at a blue chip player (particularly with the way that QB's are "over"-valued in the draft; not that the position itself is overvalued but the prospects at the position tend to be by and large) - which is something we haven't had even a remote chance at in a while (and no, just because Michael Oher or Bryan Bulaga fell in the draft doesn't make them blue chip steals). It almost makes me not want to trade back to acquire more picks (particularly if someone aside from AJ is our GM, though this past draft I give AJ credit for at least not looking the gift BPA in the mouth when available).

Dee Milliner would be a God-send. Bradley Roby would be as well, if he declares. But if we're in the Top 10 we're going to have legitimate shots at other blue chip guys like Jonathan Hankinson, possibly Star Lotulelei, and Jarvis Jones (all of which I'd have severely second-guess going automatically CB with the 1st, because frankly I don't believe in investing early-order 1sts in DB's unless they've got elite ceilings - and Milliner and Roby... and maybe Xavier Rhodes, are the only ones in this draft with that remote possibility).

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Hey, if we suck enough for the 1, we could trade back to the 6 and still get a boatload of picks!

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Lets pretend we're picking in the 15-20 range again, IMHO I think it would be picks well spent to do a Mathews'esc trade into the top 10 to get Milliner. Its that big of a need, or at least it will be when we let Jammer and Cason walk. As far as RT I'd like to see us dip into free agency as there are some serious OTs becoming UFAs this year, and I think when you have a QB like Rivers you have to pay the price to make up for his warts. (I'm not a huge Mike Harris believer, yet).

And I agree, I don' even think its worth discussing other positions in the 1st round unless a freak like Jones or Hankins falls to us. Can you imagine a Jones/Ingram tandem in the future? Wow.

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Still waiting to see these "serious OT's" actually hit the market. Only way I see New England letting Vollmer hit the market (i.e. not franchised) is if they feel the need to use it on Welker again (at a massive price) or his lingering back issues are more of a problem than the contract he's asking for (if he's after LT money it's cause for concern).

Jake Long will not hit the market. I'd put money on it. Branden Albert might, but again I doubt it. I don't see the Chiefs tagging Bowe again. I doubt they tag Dorsey. Bushrod's getting his butt kicked this season and can't play on the right. Clady will get tagged and really only fits on the blind side. So really we're banking on Andre Smith - who just this season came in at the weight required by his contract to not miss out on his "workout" bonus. I don't like those odds.

Further, I don't see the point in trading up for a CB unless the guy is a Peterson or Revis type. I love Milliner, but Revis he ain't; he's more a Joe Haden type. As I said earlier, if we trade up I'd sooner move for someone like Jonathan Hankins who has the potential to be another J-Wall or Wilfork. We're in the position we're in right now because we consistently burned 1st round picks on skill positions instead of putting them into the trenches. If we're not going to invest the pick in the OL, then bolster the DL even more and make it a perennial force to be reckoned with. Either that or another pass-rusher, because any 3-4 worth respecting needs to be 3 deep at edge-rushers - which we did have once.

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Well, we just scrtewed ourselves out of the top pick. looks like we're probably back on course for an 8-8 finish

14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    To be fair Revis wasn't Revis when he came out either. And the way I see it we just need a competent CB who can turn and run with an NFL receiver at this point. I'm high on Banks but not blown away, and Roby is 5'8 on paper which means he's probably 5'6 in real life, Rhodes is another potential safety convert (never works well for us), Amerson is a disaster waiting to happen, and nobody else is worth discussing in the first 2 rounds...except maybe Poyer who is growing on me, and Gilbert, but I don't think either has elite upside.

Jacking up our front 7 is tempting, but our CBs are going to continue to undermine us as teams spread us out and wing it like they did back in the Jamal/Merriman days...except now our CBs are even worse.

15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Revis showed signs of it for people that knew where to look. Did he shut down every receiver he faced while he was at Pitt? No. But he mirrored receivers better than anyone else in that draft class or the classes past since Trufant. He also had better athleticism than Leon Hall - the other "top CB prospect" in that class, who was billed as the "safer" of the two.

As of right now, I don't see the combination of athleticism and floor combination in any CB prospect not named Bradley Roby (who I'm fairly certain is going to go back for his RS junior season at OSU because Urban Meyer is superb at convincing players to return to school). Rhodes has the athleticism but questionable floor. Milliner has the floor, but I'm not completely sold on his athleticism (Alabama's scheme has the ability to hide it, particularly due to the supporting cast in the pass rush and two pro-caliber safeties playing behind him). So as of right now, I don't see any CB, barring Roby coming out, that I'd trade up into the Top 10, much less sink a Top 10-15 pick into. A Top 20 pick, hell yes... but there's a significant difference (mostly in that a Top 10-15 pick can be traded back into the Top 20).

So as of right now, if we trade up, I'd sooner trade up for a player that would boost both the production of our front seven and run defense for years to come, as well as make the job of any rookie or free agent CB a lot easier by bolstering the pass rush.

16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Can you really tell me you won't be concerned when Roby measures in at 5'7 1/4 and 165lbs at the combine? He will fall because of durability concerns and of course he's a bad matchup against guys like VJ, Jones, Johnson, Marshall, or even Floyd etc... What do you do with a guy like that? Play him soft and let him try to tackle these 200+ lb receivers? Or man up and risk him getting shoved aside or boxed out?

We'll see about Milliner's athletic ceiling when he goes to the combine, but I really like what I've seen just watching him run with receivers. Hard to judge based on the players in front of him, but remember Claiborne and Peterson both played about equal front 7s at LSU, so I'm hesitant to judge based on factors like that. I think he deserves to go top 10 based on his tape right now.

17. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    tOSU would have to be MASSIVELY overinflating his billed "6'0" height for him to measure in at 5'7 1/4". Not sure who you're thinking of. At worst the guy is 5'10" and he has the arm length (the eye test tells you that much) to make up for that lack of height (the guy is effectively defending - and tackling - 6'3", 210+ pound receivers in college). He's also had the one shoulder injury - so far as I'm aware it's the only injury that's caused him to miss any time in his three years of starting for the Buckeyes. I swear, you have to be thinking of another prospect - maybe Johnny Adams from Michigan State?

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Well shoot, upon further review I thought you were talking about Nick Robey of USC who I have as a solid/late 2nd round grade on. I knew something was up here because usually we are not as far off on players, it was a complete brain fart on my part.

Bradley Roby, who I know exists lol:roflmao: , I haven't even started to really dig into yet because he's on my '14 and '15 list. I wouldn't even venture a guess as to where I'd take him if he came out this year, but you've given me something to do for Saturday morning.

19. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    He's a longshot at this point because he's a redshirt sophomore (though he's started all three years - had to be activated from his redshirt year I believe) AND Urban Meyer is second only to Nick Saban in getting underclassmen to come back for another year.

If Roby continues on his current track, he's going to be something special in the league - he just has a feel for the game such that even playing with technique that still has some rough edges, he rarely makes missteps or gets caught out of position. As his technique continues to improve so will his hips - they look plenty fluid, he's just had a tendency to take an extra step or two before flipping them and wastes a bit of motion (it's kind of scary to think how quickly he could break on a ball if he ironed this crease out of his game).

If you really want to see why I have doubts about Milliner's athleticism, watch tape of him then watch tape of Roby - it's not quite night and day but there's a very noticeable difference. Roby's foot-speed (I'm not talking straight line speed, though that's part of how it would be measured) is just insane, Milliner's looks a bit lax and not as precise as you'd like it to be. The precision can be fixed and worked out of his game, but foot-speed and agility can't be taught. And truth be told, that foot-speed and hip fluidity can make a greater difference in recovering from being fooled by play-action, a pump-fake, or a fake on a route than straight-line speed does (and that's where both Jammer and Cason are getting murdered even with how far they're playing off their men - neither reacts well in terms of immediacy and as such almost always end up chasing).

20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    I gotta tell ya, as much as CB is by far and away our biggest need....this draft is insanely deep with pass rushers! Like obscenely!

Guys I have a 1st round grade on...
    Top 5 - Jarvis Jones.
    Top 10 - Damantre Moore, Bjoern Werner
    Top 20 - Sam Montgomery, Barkevious Mingo, Corey Lemonier
    Late 1st - CJ Mosley, Dion Jordan, Cornelius Carradine.
    Bubble - Jackson Jeffcoat, Alex Okafor

I haven't gotten deep into each guy and how they fit as a 3-4, but this is rediculous. Phillips and Barnes are both UFAs and English (IMHO) will likely be cut, which means we're going to have a hole to fill here. As bad as CB and RT is a needed you can never have enough pass rushers.

21. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Dion Jordan, more than likely, is going to end up going closer to Top 15 than late 1st. Granted, I'm bias as an Oregon fan but Jordan has everything that everyone loved about Akeem Ayers except he's longer and far more athletic. He'll have both 3-4 and 4-3 teams looking at him as a linebacker.

Jeffcoat, I think, goes back to Texas for his senior season as a result of this injury. And Lemonier I'm more than a little suspect of, but he has potential for sure. And this is all without talking about the "project" athleticism guys that may be a year out from really doing much more than situational pass-rush duty but have high ceilings like Michael Buchanan, Ezekiel Ansah, and James Gayle (if he comes out) or the high floor, blue-collar guys like Chase Thomas and John Simon.

22. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    2 part question:

Given our current needs all over O line, CB, OLB, WR on and on and on

Lets say there was a great young player to be had at every position, you can have 1 (Type of player) Jake Mathews, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, AJ Green. What would you choose?

Second, are there any players coming out this year that is considered to be at that elite level?

23. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    I take the blue chip pass-rusher over anything else (aside from a blue chip QB prospect, unless I've already got one), hands down and every time. After that my personal preference would be to go LT (I'm assuming you meant Jake LONG), WR, and then CB (though the later two are largely because these are positions where you tend to see well above-average talent littered about in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, as opposed to OT's and pass-rushers). I'd also, and this may come as a surprise to many, draft an elite-ceiling blue-chip ILB over any other blue-chip OLB that wasn't a 3-4 OLB (i.e. if I'm running a 3-4 I want that elite talent on the edges, whereas if I'm running a 4-3 I'd much rather have it in the middle).

As far as who the blue-chip guys are in this class, that's a tough one:
    Depending on how he works out (I have my doubts he'll run as fast as some think he will), Demarcus Milliner from Alabama is one. I'm not sure there really is a blue-chip OT in this class. Luke Joekel from Texas A&M strikes me as scheme-limited (blue-chip guys can play in any system and typically at multiple positions; they're just that good). The closest thing at OT is probably Taylor Lewan from Michigan, but he's still rawer than I'd prefer - that is to say, he's not nearly as polished as Jake Long or Joe Thomas were, but he's got the potential (if he develops to the full of it) to reach their respective levels.

Justin Hunter from Tennessee is the closest to a blue-chip WR in this draft class, though he comes with both character and injury concerns. Cal's Keenan Allen is a much more polished receiver, but he's not the ideal HWS (height, weight, speed) to typically be considered blue-chip (the obvious comparisons in that respect are the AJ Green's, Calvin Johnson's, and Larry Fitzgerald's of drafts-past).

Jarvis Jones is a blue-chip OLB... and by that I mean he's an OLB in a 3-4 or a 4-3. The guy is equal parts Von Miller and Lavarr Arrington, and I have trouble seeing a scenario where he's not a Top 5 pick, but he won't fall out of the Top 10. Both Star Lotuleilei and Jonathan Hankinson are blue-chip DT's; my personal preference is for Hankinson as I just see a better work ethic and a slightly higher ceiling (largely due to superior lateral agility and better use of hands); speaking purely as prospects the two of them are like trying to compare Suh and Gerald McCoy, except that Suh and McCoy were UT's/5-Tech's and Star/Hankinson are both NT-capable.

Borderline blue-chip are Bjoern Werner (I think he makes a Ryan Kerrigan type jump to full-out blue-chip when he has a chance to workout at the combine) from Florida State, Manti Te'o (I love his attitude, but I feel like people are definitely overrating his athleticism and elite athleticism is necessary to be considered a blue-chip ILB) from Notre Dame, Chance Warmack from Alabama (I like him as a pure talent better than either of the other two Bama linemen, those two just have the versatility to potentially play on the edge versus strictly interior), and Sheldon Richardson from Missouri (he may be one of those guys who slips through the cracks like Brandon Mebane did, but he shouldn't).

24. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Thanks for the input, Yes I meant Long but for some reason was thinking of Jake Matthews from Texas A&M.:oops:

25. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    On the subject of Long's. An OL prospect that has been slowly moving up my board (and not just because I'm an Oregon fan, in fact because I'm a Duck fan I'm generally more cautious about highly rating our prospects) is Kyle Long - younger brother to Chris and son to Howie. There's a lot beyond just the bloodlines to like about him, particularly as a mobile, aggressive (if still very raw) LG; quite literally, based off the numbers I've seen and watching the kid move on tape, he's more athletic that his brother (who was pretty much a combine freak).

26. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +125
    I can attest to this. I've seen Kyle Walking around quite a few times. There is not a freaking ounce of fat on the guy, he's strait up JACKED. He's a good project RT type. I dont see him as a OG, unless it is in a ZBS like he's running at Oregon, but he's going to make one hell of a OT.

He was actually highly touted as a beastly athlete comng out of HS (better athlete than Chris as you said), but for some reason chose to play Baseball at FSU rather than play football. Once he realized that wasn't going anywhere, he went to Saddleback College, and transfered to Oregon for Football.

27. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +125

Ezekiel Ansah may be my favorite OLB prospect in the entire draft (Favorite, not top) with Dion Jordan. The trend in the NFL is to go with high upside guys who have the athleticism that you can mold, as a lot of times, OLB/DE's can out athlete OT's by their natural burst off the edge. When you watch Ansah, you can see his massive potential. Hes consistently been limited in BYUs scheme for him, placing him inside, rather than out on the edge rushing where he's at his best. He's interesting because whenever you see him rushing out of a 2 point stance, the burst off the edge is elite (and at 6'6" 270 thats FREAKING IMPRESSIVE), and you can see just how good of an athlete he is in space.

If we're going to get a OLB at all in this class, i really want more of a high upside, explosive edge rusher, like him, because thats what we need, we have the SOLB who will stuff the run and play well in coverage, now we need that feature pass rusher, and thats what Ansah can be, ala JPP.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +125
    Just a quick question i forgot to ask. I assume that we wont, because we signed so many people this offseason, but should we get a pick for VJ leaving or not? I really have no idea how that kind of stuff works.

29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    We gained more FAs than we lost, so no compensatory picks for us unless it's a net value pick (which would come at end of 7th round). I haven't added up all the contracts, so not sure if we get even the net value pick--I doubt it given the number of FAs we grabbed.

30. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    @ LBC

I just read that Bradley Robey was considering entering the draft, but only if he had a 1st round draft grade. Would you put him in the Milliner, Banks, Rhodes category?