1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I know we won't draft him but

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Nov 17, 2014.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    Just thinking about jaelen strong "wr-asu" just makes me giddy, I've been watching a lot of asu games, and the kid is a great route runner and a play maker,
    Related to this topic tho, I say we kick fluker to rg, put chris watt at center, and draft the rt from fsu he could be a late first early second round pick , lg idk I'm hoping for a free agent but idk who well target.
    But off today's play, rt , ss if we get a high pick, get the safety from bama, wr, olb, cb, le,dt

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Some pretty impressive first round WRs in him, Parker and others. If the value is there might be hard to pass on someone like that to team w Allen.

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    So many good wrs who aren't just big names,if he's there and he's bpa, I would be extremely happy, dude is a monster, strong, Parker, green beckham. There's tons of good ones

4. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Rashad Greene might be the best route runner in this class. What he lacks in size is more than made up in supreme route running.

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Oh
    he definitely does, I wouldn't mind him. But so far my man crush is strong go watch him on youtube

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    DGB is best talent at WR. I'd like him but he could be a nutcase, which choir boys spanos never give a 2nd chance.

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Amari Cooper?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Most unclutch receiver in the draft

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    For WR's that I think could fit this offense I like Rashad Greene and Tyler Lockett. Don't know if we draft a WR or dip into a solid FA class.

10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Oh yeah?

11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    13 receptions, 224 yards and 3 TD's en route to helping his team come back. Yeah, most "unclutch" receiver in the draft for sure.

12. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358

I don't know how anyone could say he is "unclutch". Watch last night's game, he was the one who stepped up when they needed him. Last year's iron bowl, he came up big again when they needed him with a 99 yard TD reception. Against Notre Dame in the national title game he had 2 TDs, and he also had what would prove to be the game winning TD against Georgia in that year's SEC title game.

You could make an argument that Cooper is the most clutch WR in this draft. I'd love for us to get him (not that we have a chance there though).

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Seriously. The guy is clutch for the most part. I wouldn't mind him if there was a chance to draft him, but if we didn't I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I just want to see us stack up the defense and the O-line. We can suffer through another year with Allen, Floyd, Royal, Gates, Green, WOODHEAD etc.. haha

Seriously that's all this is about...
    1. Get Rivers the ball.
    2. Keep Rivers standing. (and hopefully Mathews running)

Strong would be fun to watch, but I can't suffer through another year of Shareece Wright and Marcus Gilchrist. Also our entire interior O-line needs an overhaul, maybe Watt can develop, but Troutman and Rinehart blow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Safety class is weak in this year's FA class. I can handle Wright in the slot, Verrett and Flowers outside, but I'd still draft a CB in the 4th round or so because the draft class is pretty solid.

I think drafting an OL and a SS/FS to pair with Weddle would be great. Weddle will be looking for another deal and we can't fit two $7-10m SS/FS's under the cap. So draft a guy with better coverage and ball skills than Gilchrist.

Royal is a FA, Floyd and Gates have another year or so tops. Not sold on Green yet.. the guy continually gets blown off blocks, we can't have a TE that just catches the ball, he's gotta do his part in the run game as well.

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    If Wright is re-signed it will be for the veteran minimum, he will be clearly behind Verrett and Flowers, and I'd love to see another CB drafted high to challenge him for his roster spot.

The good news is we're going to have some money to spend, potentially over $30M, I'd be surprised if Flowers and Royal are not retained, and I expect we'll bring in a FA guard or safety to try to plug the leaks. Unlike the last 2 years Telesco won't have to rely on draft picks ALONE to fill out this roster.

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Well I guess that the Steve Williams "era" with the Chargers must be coming to an abrupt end ;)

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    He's essentially still a rookie. I'd still give him time.

19. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    I really hope the character issues drops him to the 2nd round. Marcus Peters from Washington would be a great selection and we could essentially release Wright and pick up ANY CB in FA and be better off. I only say 2nd round because, I'd love if we can draft BEEF in the 1st. Danny Shelton looks to be the guy right now.