1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I love the scrappiness of this team...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Something happened after the Denver MNF team and this team has changed....and is continuing to evolve and buy into this coaching staff more and more....All that stuff about "accountability", etc...that Ron Rivera was preaching actually hit home. I get the sense every passing week that this team now genuinely believes it has something special and has a confidence that if they just keep fighting and scrapping on every play, they can get something done.

It's become contagious. The defense started with our "rotation" approach and an emphasis on improving technique and effort.....and it's rolled over to the offensive side....I see more guys hustling to block and run out routes offensively.....and more guys sprinting to the ball on defense than at any time during the Norv Turner tenure.

This team is not THE best in any area statistically....but they are deceptively good in clutch and important situations....and I'm super impressed at the willingness of so many of our players to go all out to win.

There have been a lot of Norv Turner props this week...but I also have to give due credit for what he and his staff are doing....One thing I definitely underestimated was his willingness to do what was needed to get better and to make changes in his own coaching approach if needed....He listens to his players, and has been willing to make adjustments and incorporate new ideas...He also seems much more in control and a much more confident coach than even at the beginning of this season. I think he has turned the corner.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Losing to Denver in the Q was a huge wake up call. A big "Hello? You're not that good and you won't win **** unless you stfu and work for it."

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I dunno.

I think LT must have made another speech. :lol:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Didn't LT tell Norv, he was going to go home and take his ball if Norv didn't add the wild frog to the offense.:icon_huh:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What's funny? LT is a team leader and so is Rivers. In fact, the commentators were even mentioning how the team feeds off of his emotions at the side line.

Are you a hater?

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    "i'm telling your mom!"

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Look at all these clowns acting like they were excited about Norv being hired from the very beginning.

You all kept quiet when things looked bad but now you're singing Norv's praises!!! What will all the "yeah Team's" and "We're #1's" say if we don't win the Super Bowl? "We're #2?" "We're #3?"

Well you all could have done that many times in the past!!! :lol:

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I do believe you have me confused with someone else. I was calling for Chucky not to get out of town without the HC contract.
    Just sayin.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Fire Norv!!! :lol:

10. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Norv is coaching a lot better now than earlier in the season, Rivera as well. They deserve a lot of credit for the work that they done, but there is still a lot of work to go. The key will be if they can keep the team focused now that everyone is jumping back on the bandwagon.

Although honestly, if I told you before the season started that Jamal would be out for the season, Merriman would be no where near healthy or his dominant self, LT would average 2-3 yards a carry, Hardwick would be out for a majority of the season etc.

What would you think? What record do you think we would of had? I know I wouldn't think we'd be very good if I heard those things would happen (probably 8-8 or even worse), I'd still be optimistic though (hey I was able to be optimistic during the Leaf era).

We all want that SB but it isn't the worst thing to give someone credit for the work they've done so far.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I agree, they have done a good job of coaching so far. The team seems as motivated as I've ever seen them. They have swagger again.