1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I mean....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Nov 10, 2011.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    is it even possible to rationalize anything we've seen anymore?

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed or compared but wasn't our defense supposed to be awesome with our new defensive coordinator? Granted, the injuries on our defense are crucial (in my opinion) but still aside from their pass defense, they're (49ers) bad asses. They give up less points and less run yards.

We could say that we give up less total but that's not a huge difference and also give up less pass yards. But as long as teams can average 5+ yards per carry on us, who needs to pass?

I go from loving and hating Norv very often and here I find myself on the fence again. I'm sure most of y'all hate him and I understand why, but right now, I guess I'm asking:

Can we really blame this all on him?

What can we definitely place at Norv's feet as far as responsibility goes?

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    There's simply no accountability on this team and that starts with Spanos. It's so sad to see this team waste the few talented players they have left every year.

3. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    In short, no.

I will criticize Norv for the apparent lack of focus of this team at times, manifested mostly in mental errors and penalties. Coaches' job is to put their players in the best possible position to succeed, but the bottom line is players have to execute.

The front office has to provide the resources in terms of players and coaches in order to succeed. Suspect drafting is a large part of our current state. I understand that we have typically drafted somewhat late in the first round, and that's good. But when we consistently seem to whiff on high picks, it starts a downward spiral. And unfortunately, nobody knows where it stops at this point.

Others may think differently, but right now this team is a mess. Nevertheless I'm still here rooting (and occasionally ranting) and will always be.

4. Cruise

Cruise BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I criticize Norv for plays that are stupid and things that he has control over. He doesn't have control over the inability of our players to step it up and complete the plays.

This is why AJ should be fired. He has to give Norv more to work with.

5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    YES and AJ too! We have falling behind the talent that other teams have procured. We are average at best and declining. Norv and AJ own that decline!

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    RIP SAN DIEGO Chargers 1960-2011

This team is going off to L.A pretty soon.

7. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    ur *** go **** urself

8. Cruise

Cruise BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    That is completely up in the air though, It won't happen this year at least.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I predict the following order of firings;

1. Manusky (before seasons end), 2. Norv (at seasons end) and 3. AJ (not in 2011)

10. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Hes the coach. The buck stops with him first and AJ a very close second!