1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Miss San Diego.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lightning's Girl, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    ........especially right now, when the snow is falling out of a sky that looks like dirty aluminum and I'm freezing my *** off.:tdown:

Snow, for me, had no negative qualities when I was growing up in Ramona. Once or twice back in the late '60s we had a dusting of the white stuff, and of course I got to see the real thing whenever we drove up to Julian for a "snow day" during the winter. I was thirty years old before I discovered that snow wasn't always fun; even then, it remained something of a novelty for the first 10 years or so that we lived here in Oregon.

Now that I'm older---and I've discovered how much I really HATE being cold---it's not fun anymore. Where I live, we don't really get much snow, but when we do, it's a pain in the butt. Nobody here knows how to drive in it---we act like Californians driving in the rain:unsure:---and everything pretty much shuts down when there's more than an inch or two on the ground. Hell, the schools close practically at the mere THREAT of a snowstorm..........people head for the store and gather supplies like they're preparing for Armageddon.........and everyone basically acts like a bunch of idiots while folks from harsher climes sneer at us.

I have to admit I enjoy watching the snow fall from the warmth of my living room, standing by the big picture window with a hot cup of coffee while the fireplace crackles merrily. I also have to confess that a good snowfall turns me into an instant eight-year-old---although my husband and sons kick my *** at snowball fights and I start to wheeze after only a few minutes outside. But I forget in between snowstorms how cold it has to get in order to produce the white stuff in the first place......and I hate cold weather worse than I hate the Patriots!!!

I know I shouldn't complain. After all, much of the country thinks we're wimps because we start whining when it dips below 30 degrees, and God forbid we drop into the teens or single digits! But then I think about San Diego where the 50s are considered cold..........and I just wish I could be there, prancing around in a T-shirt while y'all huddle, shivering and b*tching, under fleece jackets and sweat pants:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 3
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Here in San Antone, we start tryinta remember where we put our long handles and parkas from the year before when the temps dip inta the 60s :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  5. Lightning's Girl