1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I need to stop giving the Raiders so much credit

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SecretAsianMan, Apr 25, 2009.

1. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45
    For the past week or so I've been hearing reporters and pundants talk about how the Raiders were very likely to take Darrius Heyward-Bey over Michael Crabtree just because Al Davis has a hard-on for whoever has the fastest 40 time at the Combine.

I kept thinking to myself, "You know, Al Davis is crazy, but he can't be THAT crazy. Surely he wouldn't turn down arguably one of the better receivers to come out in the draft in some time just because he was injured and couldn't run the 40. Surely he wouldn't use their first pick to choose a wide receiver that runs fast but has questionable hands. Surely he wouldn't choose Heyward-Bey when just about everyone and their mom have both Crabtree and Maclin ranked higher than him."

And of course, when the draft swings around, that's exactly what he did.

God Bless you, Al Davis. Here's hoping you live another thirty years and continue to keep the Raiders organization in the basement of the NFL.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    LONG LIVE AL DAVIS!!!!

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    I'm willing to donate a kidney, if it'll help keep Al going for another 20 years! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BoltinPortugal

BoltinPortugal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    :lol::lol:

Yep, that made me laugh alright.

Long live the king!