1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I require interviews...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sandolf, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    For those of you who have not yet visited my thread in the "lounge"... I will give a short summary of my intended film project. Essentially I want to mark my first visit to a Chargers home game next season by recording a documentary about what motivates fanatics to write in football forums. To keep the piece from being strictly a boring talking heads film... I have loosely wrapped it around the resolution or not resolution of a bet made between two prominent members here.

To assess the viability of my concept... I would like to ask the membership here who would be willing to be interviewed about their person, forum activities and maybe the silly little story line.

Please respond here, or in my signature linked thread, or pm me if you want to be more discrete. Thanks.

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    you can sign me up as a "perplexed old guy".... :lol:

make sure you bring down Roo...

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Not very intelligent...

:icon_huh: How is the mods doing what they are instructed to do, making them cowardly? :icon_shrug:

4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Not very intelligent...

Then as I said... B4L's self-indulgent "did I puss" thread should be here too. It is not the rules rather the consistent application of them I draw into question.

Cowardly is if you can face some people and not others.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Not very intelligent...

It should. I am sure it will end up here. There is no personal ajenda against you. The mods are asked to keep the Charger forum clear or non-Charger related stuff.

They do as good of a job as they can, you should chill on them IMO. They dont get paid, and get little respect form us forum goers, flat out disrespect because a thread was moved is just silly, again my opinion.

6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Conc... I am just trying to do some research. If they hinder me fine... but they naturally become part of the same endeavour. I was trying to find out one thing... found out another. I thought this place was cool, but found out it is a clique.

Fine... move on... yes. Chill out... no.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    o.k.

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    It's OK to have threads moved to the Lounge... Lots of people read the Lounge, especially when there is not alot of football going on.

The Mods try to be as consistent as they can with this (year round).. The B4L and Drunk puss out threads will find their way to the Lounge or elsewhere soon enough.

Now that you've mentioned it...I'd really like to see a flaming rep ho thread. ;)

9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    My faith in due process here has been restored. Respect.

Hopefully one of the moderators, or former moderators can give me a few insider perspectives when the interviews take place.

Thanks to those who support my attempts to shed a little light into forum life.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    So back to the business at hand after that... (uh..)... minor distraction.

Thanks Ron. I will pm you a few questions when we get closer to the "event". The schedule will be tight and I will want to avoid wasting time searching for the right approach to each subject when the tape is rolling!

About Chargeroo... I do certainly hope he can participate. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience in both sides of the forum domain .

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Not very intelligent...

Sounds like I'm in!!! :tup:

12. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Not very intelligent...

Where? If you want to be in the piece... fine. We've had some pretty funny exchanges over the years. Just tell me if you are okay with an interview.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Not very intelligent...

An interview would be fun. I said "sounds like I'm in" because my name was mentioned. :tup:

14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Not very intelligent...

Great. If you've got any remnants of Baltimore Stallions kit you can show me... well that would be hilarious!

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    These are the kind of threads which clutter up the boards with stuff which belongs in the lounge.

The Mods have gotten all sorts of advise from certain people who either feel attacked or feel they are not getting enough attention elsewhere.

Now the MAINS become a circus of things which have nothing to do with football and now everyones pet project.

I myself like to read football takes and why someone thinks a certain way about a player, an act, the fans, the events leading up to the game but when we are talking about stuff which has no bearing on football, we may as well start posting recipes as well.

The off seasons have RARELY been quiet so I am not sure why all of a sudden flooding the mains with this kind of stuff is even allowed.

I vote to keep anyones pet projects to be placed elsewhere along with Happy Birthdays and Get Wells and Happy Circumcisions.

Are we talking football or what? :icon_huh:

16. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Posters talk about football... they also talk about each other... even on this part of the borad. You especially look pretty silly trying to paint yourself with a "pure" football agenda brush! :lol:

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

here's the thing,

Your right about moving things to the lounge at some point, but for the most part most people start in the main board. I don't have a problem with people starting threads wherever they want. But, at some point they should be moved to their proper place. I get more frustrated with repeated threads (ala, LT this and that) cluttering up the main board than I do the miscellaneous puss threads that come and go. As long as people don't get carried away with it then let's all keep up the best Charger board out there.

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Not very intelligent...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim Speros brought the Canadian Football League to Baltimore,
    Maryland in 1994. Originally the franchise was known as the
    Baltimore CFL Colts, but due to a lawsuit by the NFL, the name
    was shortened to The Baltimore CFL (fans eventually quoted it as "Colts Forever Live").
    They were then briefly known as the Baltimore Football Club, or BFC. Finally, the team was
    named The Baltimore Stallions from a name-the-team fan poll.
    In their short existence the team made it to the Grey Cup
    Championship game both years, winning it all in 1995.

I MISS THEM!!!! :icon_sad:

When they won the Grey Cup, I think that was the most bitter/sweet moment in sport history I've ever witnessed. The city of Baltimore really embraced this team. We were under the impression that NFL would NEVER come back to our city!!
    Baltimore was so hungry for football that they once had a CFL record breaking attendance of 53,000.

The announcement of NFL returning to Baltimore couldn't have come at a worse time for the Baltimore Stallions. It was announced when the CFL playoffs were about to begin in 95.
    The Stallions were doing great, a Grey Cup was scheduled to be hosted in Baltimore in 97, and owner Jim Speros felt this was going to get himself out of debt.
    Well instead, the team returned from Saskatchewan, Canada with the Grey Cup and was told to pack their bags. There was a small celebration but very small.

One thing that Baltimore holds is that they are the only city in USA with a Grey Cup and the only city that ever will. Simply because there are no more CFL teams in USA!!!

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  20. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    We have a lounge? :icon_shrug:

:icon_tease:

21. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Thanks for that. Looks like the B.C. Lions were your main rival. I had indeed forgotten that there were San Antonio Texans before there were Houston Texans.

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fuq Clint Manges :icon_evil:

23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Sorry... you lost me there. Someone associated with the CFL Texans?

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Just a brief status report in terms of the open casting call.

The positive side is that I am extremely pleased with the response so far. Based on the turnout I received in the threads, pms and phone calls... I can say with absolute certainty that I would have enough material to go ahead with the project. That in itself is very good news.

I feel though that there is a certain potential that has not been realized. Without wanting to go through the story line again... the original post which inspired it came from Bolttalk. Therefore... I would like (if possible) the particpation to be a representitive cross-section of THIS forum... (which we don't have quite yet).

It can be appreciated that a lot of you might be naturally sceptical about whether this project will happen or not and may take more of a wait and see line towards lending a bit of support. Granted the off-season has just begun. But in order for this "event" to...

a)... not cost me very much money... and
    b)... not be absolutely the ONLY thing I do on my first visit to SD...

... it has to be organized right down to the last detail. It would be nice if the interviews could be carried out in one location on one evening. A gathering of Bolttalk prominence so to speak.

Say for example I would like to include comments from let's say 20 members... and I take about 15 mins. for each. That makes 5 hours! Plus you might want a meal break in there and some time to record the general ambience of the evening. So I assume not everybody will show up at 7 pm and wait patiently until 1 am for their slot to come up... so I will schedule times based on availability. And indeed 15 mins. per head is tight when you figure that you have to frame a shot, pin on a microphone, do a sound check... and start out with a couple of easy questions to get the subject comfortable with the situation.

Last minute appearances pose not only the preparation question... (I do not plan to ask everybody the same things although there will be a couple of common questions)... but also the scheduling problems. Okay... I obviously have my favorites and people I know back from the UT days... and I could easily wing it with one of them. But as I said I want to expand beyond the pointing the camera at people I already know format.

If anyone else has the inclination to want to be part of this little movie... PLEASE let me know now (post or pm). I have about half of the available slots still open. To be fair this is going to be on a sort of "first come first serve" basis... otherwise I'd just be playing favorites. I'll give this another week and if there are any places left... I'll throw up an ad on chargers.com to fill them... (which I'd rather not do).

Thanks...

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah, sorry, I'm guilty of mixing metapors...Clinton Manges was the owner of the WFL San Antonio Wings (??), onea the better teams around then. Rick Neuheisel was the QB.

Manges came up short on payroll and the team folded; the league followed shortly thereafter.

26. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I thought the WFL San Antonio team was the Rough Riders? Or was that USFL? CFL? I think I have my FL's all confused.

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Not very intelligent...

Does this sound remotely familiar to the UT? They did the same thing.

The Head of UT Trash Mentality Inc. has a hidden agenda which is being exposed like a set of panties rolled down to the ankles.

The horror of it all :lol: has their little plan in jeopardy.:yes:

In the Old Westerns, it is called "being cut-off at the pass". :icon_rofl:

Justice is a beautiful thang. :flag:

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, ****, I can't hardly keep up with'em my self.

29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Not very intelligent...

That's what you think Tweedle Dee. The guy I most wanted to interview just sent me a pm. This is great! Just a couple more colorful characters and I've got everything I need!

30. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Yes.

We're in it.

And we're drinking all your beer.

• Like Like x 1