1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I said it once, I'll say it again...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    FREAKING straight cable fans!!! :devilish:

You guys are probably confused by what I mean straight cable fans (no gay cable pun jokes please :p)... I had posted last season about my neighbors who watch straight cable in thier back yard, and it is faster than someone with a box. They have a 19" TV in their backyard to straight cable (Time Warner)... I have since switched from TW to Satellite, more so for free Sunday Ticket, but in that old thread I remember someone saying that satellite transmits faster. Well, it doesnt. Opening weekend, I could hear the cheering from my neighbors seconds before Tolbert hit the end zone, etc.

I have 3 HD tv's, 3 HD boxes ( you have to have a box with DTV) not that I would watch TV any other way than HD, unless I was in a 3rd world country, and certainly not for sports.

Anyway, I set up a nice HDTV in my backyard, hey it is San Diego, outside living all year... Kinda pisses me off. Btw, I noticed this for Time Warner, Cox, ATT&T, and now DTV.

Anyone else have to deal with this? Guess they won't affect me this weekend. :poop:

2. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    It's even worse when you're trying to watch the game in a sports bar and they have both feeds. They have the audio from the HDTV on, but there's always a group watching the game on the straight cable TV, cheering a few seconds before you see each play. :mad:

3. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    You are right... satellite does not transmit faster than cable. And here's the other kicker, and it seems odd given the technology, but HD transmits slower than NON-HD. Watch the same game on 2 different tv's (1 HD, 1 NON-HD), and the non-HD tv happens first while the HD is about a second or 2 behind.

4. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    yeah i'm confused as to why don't you invite 'em over...
    times like these and you're really lay'in down arrogant BS like this? what are you 12?
    why don't you go poison their pets or somthing to get back at them?
    you really need to check your $hit...

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    LQTM

6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Wow, chill, it was a RANT. Check all my posts, I really don't get into pissin matches here. Geesh, no wonder people are droppin like flies on these forums...

Anyways, ****** dickheads next door.

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Is this real? Can anyone tell me if this is real?

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this place is mellow compared to the the ut board

;)

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I've had DirecTV since 2000 and there is about 2 second delay compared with cable. Add one more second if you have a DVR.

My brother has TW up in Wildomar (near Lake Elsinore & Temecula). He has a digital box (non-dvr). I was talking to him on the phone while watching the same game and his was actually a second or two behind me & my satellite connection.

As they say, YMMV

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    1st world problems.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    LOL, that's a good line! :p