1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Smell SuperBowl!! Do You?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by csfoster, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Dear Fellow Bolts Fans,

One of the great luxuries of being a football fan is that, unlike football players, we as fans can look far ahead, reflect back, and look far ahead again.

At the beginning of this season, I projected a 11-5 record, a wild-card slot, and a possible but perhaps not likely win in the first round of the play-offs. This was based on the the expectation of a dominating defense led by our great Front 7 along with an improved secondary and having LT and Gates on offense taking much of the pressure (if not all) off of Rivers as an untested first-year starter at QB.

And then along came the totally unexpected development (at least by me) and the thus far documented discovery that Rivers is no ordinary first-year starter. Starting with game one in Oakland, first-tested in Baltimore, further highlighted in the nationally televised home win over Pittsburgh, it has subsequently been proven over the course of the last 4 games won with LT setting records of all kinds and topped off by back-to-back come-back NFL record setting road wins accomplished despite missing 2 potential All-Pros on defense, that this team and in particular Rivers has, as the media likes to say, "it".

In addition, reflecting back on the loss at Baltimore it has apparently resulted in the thus far complete burial of MartyBall for which I give Marty great credit. I do so even though I stated at the time of the defeat that I believed Marty had officially been served notice that another such MartyBall conservative play calling loss would be his last such uninspired loss as coach of the Chargers. For that matter, I still believe this notice is in play.

Consequently, looking forward as of this moment at 8-2 and given our remaining schedule, it will be a far greater shock to go 11-5 than it would be to go 12-4 or better.

Of course the play-offs will represent a whole different level of challenge for Rivers and it remains to be seen whether or not MartyBall reasserts itself at the most inopportune time.

However, with an apparently unstoppable soon to be league MVP LT along for the ride and the anticipated return of our two best defensive players, my bet now is that MartyBall will remain buried, that we will finish the regular season at 13-3 or possibly 14-2, and that Rivers will have fully demonstrated his leadership skills and more importantly the physical and mental abilities required to take the Bolts to the AFC Championship game where we more likely than not will play Indy in an epic battle to go to the Superbowl.

Prior to Sunday's game in Denver, I stated that upon a win in Mile-High, the impossible would be nothing for both Marty and our Chargers.

Well Fellow Bolts Fans, The Impossible is Now Nothing!

I Smell Superbowl! Do You?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think everyone needs to chill a little bit. I'm as excited as anybody but we haven't won chiat yet but we have put ourselves in a very good position. IMO that's about it. Now we need to build on it.

I'll settle for a knockout against the Raiders and if I wanna futuretrip I'll settle for a win in the playoffs. There's a long way to go here. :yes:

3. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I AGREE TAKE ONE TEAM GAME DOWN AT A TIME LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD EVEN THOUGH THE RAIDERS SEEM TO SUCK THERE STILL A DIVISION RIVAL THIS GAME IS AS HUGE AS ANY LETS SHUT EM OUT AGAIN L.T 5 TOUCHDOWNS TO BREAK HIS OWN RECORD AND MOVE IN WITHIN 1 OF THE SEABIRD SCORE SUNDAY CHARGERS45-RAIDERS3 BLEED BLUE AN GOLD 4 LIFE

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I smell turkey
    and I smell ****

Its thanksgiving and the raiders are coming

• Like Like x 1
  5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Just a dumb question while enjoying an adult beverage at the start of a glorious four day weekend.

Do you think that either AJ or Deano had a talk with Marty after the Ravens Game? Marty made the point to not wear earphones right after the article came out that Cam makes all the O's play calls. It was like he was reaffirming this story to the fanbase that didn't buy it by proving that he had nothing to do with the play calling. I think that someone must have told Marty to step off or step aside, thus the obvious emphasis on him not having any input into the play calling.

If it was on his own accord, props. But something tells me that stubborn German was forced out of having influence in the play calling.

Either way, I'm lovin' it. This offense is so fun to watch, I don't care who is calling the shots.

I completely agree that they haven't done crap. The season is only half over for the Super Bowl Participants.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think we have reason to believe that we have a shot at the Super Bowl but I also think it's too early to talk like that right now.

But this is what I do see right now...
    WE SWEEP THE DONKOS!!!!
    WE FINISH DIVISION MATCH UPS AT 5-1!!!
    WE FINISH THE SEASON AT 14-2!!!
    WE CLINCH THE AFC WEST!!!
    WE SELL OUT EVERY REMAINING HOME GAME!!!

In the playoffs...
    I WANT THE COLTS!!!!:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I feel the same as you. I really do.

But, I understand the need to temper our excitement until the prize is in out hands. We have to be the odds on favorites to win it all, but that doesn't mean it's going to be a cake walk.

For example, we match up very well against Indy, even in their house, but you know the saying. On any given Sunday. Once the playoffs begin, it's a new season and one strike and you're out.

We've positioned ourselfs very well at the moment. Any team facing us will fear us at this point, but this is far from a lock yet.

I have so much excitement inside of me right now, but it will be nothing compared to when we win it all.

GO BOLTS!

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow: :icon_bow:

Well said.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Of course not!
    We have no business losing to the Raiders and Bills in the next two weeks but we HAVE to approach both games as if we were going against the Colts and Bears.

Personally, I think we can beat any team in the NFL with all our weapons!!! With that said, there is no reason that we shouldn't win the last 6 games!!!!:bolt: :bolt:

10. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I think this is a bad luck thread so Im going to close it!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.