1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I smiled today...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ever since we lost to the Patriots I haven't been able to watch much football. I totally skipped the NFC Championship game and saw maybe 10 minutes of the AFC Championship game. I mean, I tried to put a good spin on it after we lost. We did have a great season. A season that I will always remember. A season with so much more good than bad.

But, that loss crushed me. It took part of my soul, chewed it up, and spit it out. I haven't been the same since.

You have to understand. When I'm at home, the TV is on the NFL network, or SportsCenter, NFL Classic or some other show about the NFL. It's on when I'm in another room, just so I can hear it. I've watched ever Charger game this season at least 3 times on TV. Most of them more than that.

So after the loss, the last thing I could do was watch the NFL network. Well I must be getting better, because today I put it on. I just said to myself WTF and walked over and defiantly turned on the TV and changed the channel right to 332. That's the channel for the NFL network here.

Guess what was on....

Come on, you can guess.

They were doing a highlight show about Super Bowl XX. That was the Super Bowl where the '85 Bears just destroyed the New England Patriots. Final score 46-10, but the game wasn't even that close. The bear took out their starters for much of the 4th quarter. They got 7 sacks on the Pats and held the Pats to just 7 yards rushing.

I realized that the Pats fans had also felt my pain, and then I smiled. :)

Yup, I'm ready for next season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    I started watching sports channels again last night. They just aggravate me when a few weeks ago I would be hanging on every word.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

lol...good post. I'm glad you can finally smile again...We can't turn the clock back but we do have another new season to look forward to...and the possibilities are endless.....:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I smiled last night when I heard about the Chargers paying for investigation on the stadium site in Chula Vista.

Though I would like to see the National City plan work out, as long as their in San Diego County, I'll be happy and it seems more likely that it's going to happen!

The day the deal is approved and the construction can start, we need a HUGE BOLT TALK PARTY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Wow Thumper... that is EXACTLY how I felt post game. Thanks for the smile. We have a bright future... and that makes me smile as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i can't smile

i'm back in law school

• Like Like x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Thump, it's good to know your back in the real world with us all. I know what you are going through, after the SB beatdown I was one hurting unit. Since that time on, I just don't let it get next to me. I know there is nothing I can do about the outcome of a game and to put so much into it only to have your heart ripped out is, well, it's crazy. No one ever said Bolt fans were on the straight and narrow though. :icon_toast: :bolt2: :abq1: :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The most difficult thing about being a fan of the NFL is the long offseason.

Thumper if you roll on over to the Bolthead Cheer thread I'm sure you'll be smiling. :)

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's funny how arrogant a fanbase can get with a championship to call their own.

That said, as soon as we get ours I'm going to become the most imsufferable motherfugger you all have ever met.

:icon_beerbang:

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'm not there yet but I'm think getting there :tup:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm smiling cause I remember watching that game in real time... :icon_toast:

I spoke to my brother in CHI town after the game. He said that most all of the men partying on Rush street were shirtless and so were some of the women.... :lol: This was 1/26/86

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I feel better every day. The closer we get to next season the better I'll feel.:yes: :bolt:

13. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19

Thats exactly how i feel the only football i watched is the senior bowl coverage and i dont know if i can watch the Super Bowl:unsure:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I still have not been able to watch any of the sports shows or listen to the radio. I watched some football this weekend, but only a little. I actually tivo'ed both the games this weekend and just watched bits and pieces.

I'm still having nightmares about that game. Literally. I wake up in the middle of the night depressed thinking about it. It's really kind of pathetic.

It wasn't just that we lost. It's how we lost. To dominate another team and then screw up monumentally on 7-8 plays that cost you the game, well that was just horrific.

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I smiled today as well. It was right after I grimmaced and made a grunting sound. Then I went and poured my second cup of coffee and ate breakfast.

I do this every morning. It's great.

16. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

The Pats losing to the Colts and then seeing Tom Brady afterwards looking so forlorn and dejected at his press conference helped me immensely lol....guess that makes me mean :icon_eek: I'm usually pretty sweet :icon_eek: Now we all have next season to look forward to...good things lie ahead. :icon_wink:

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Too Late!:icon_tease: :bolt2:

18. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

I just saw this post... :eek:hmy:

Leisure... :beat: :trout:

:whistling:

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Unfortuinately I told all my friends we were having a super bowl party back before the game vs the past, so I stuck with having to watch it and have a party.

Life is hard:icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    My wife had to hide all the sharp objects around the house for almost a week after the loss. I tried to watch the AFC Championship game but couldn't get through the first quarter.

Every day it gets a little better and I can't wait for next season. Draft weekend will be great because the schedule gets released. :tup: Then its only 3 months till training camp. After that its pre-season, then kickoff weekend. Man, I can't wait.

Just gotta get past SB. :icon_sad: I don't think I'll watch this year, just drink heavily.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If the Colts win the Super Bowl then that's proof the the Football Gods truely hate me!!!!! :no:

22. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    It could be worse...the Raiders, Patriots or Ravens ;)

23. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Better that than sniffing Drano. Just sayin'.

BTW- I will be dinkin' heavily as well. :icon_shrug:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Haven't seen any football, frankly don't care too. I watched some LPGA over the weekend. I'll snap outtuv it eventually.

25. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Embare-assed to admit it, but thats the first thing I thought too.
    Im thinking like "Damn, de Wabbit done got him some...":yes:

26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    1979, 1980, 1981.

3 other seasons that took a bite out of me.

I tried to stay away, but the NFC conf game pulled me back. I was watching that one because I had no emotional attachment to the game.

With that out of the way, I actually rooted for payton to beat NE. Felt dirty after that, but a few beers and a :nana_rasta: washed it away. :icon_toast:

Edit: My space time continuum was in flux...

• Like Like x 1
  27. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Come on Toby! Go watch somethin else!

Goin to the BUICK this Saturday and the Friar Fest on Sunday.:tup: oh yeah, I've definitely snapped outta it..:abq2: :abq1:

28. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

That's good Rexy...I've noticed you haven't been around for a while...:icon_wink:

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

To tell you the truth, I'll take either over the Ponys.
    Except the Retards!