1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Think LT Needs A Lil Reminder Why He Should Stick Around..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Mar 7, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryI...2814&week=17&seasonFilter=2008&seasonType=REG

:abq2::abq2::abq2:

But Then There's This.....

[​IMG]

^^^And That Should Disturb You If It Doesn't....LT Has Been Immortalized As Sitting On The Bench....What Is Also Automatically Referenced When Discussing The Biggest Game He Ever Suited Up For...

And That's A Perception That Can Be Changed And Definitely NEEDS To Be....With A Commitment To Do Whatever It Takes For This Organization And Retiring With The Same Team That Gave You A Chance When Others Thought We Were Crazy For Drafting You :tdown:...

I'm Just Sayin :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think AJ needs the biggest reality check.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Who cares, you think that people's perception of LT outside of San Diego will change if he stays and gets shafted by Smith? And if San Diego "fans" have that perception of the greatest player in the history of the franchise, then I doubt that their jaded view of LT will change either. This commitment talk is crap spewed by the organization that fans slobber up because it's used as justification for cutting a player.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    If LT doesnt take a pay cut, he is gone,

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!

The quicker you learn it is nothing more than a business, the quicker youll get over it!

The Players want every cent they can make, and the Teams want a return on the investment. Why would you pay a top 10 Running Back the most money, you are not getting a return on the investment.

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Dear LT,

You can get more money elsewhere.

Signed
    Draft Class 2009 RB's.
    :icon_tease:

6. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Money money money. It' all about the money? When you die with a kagillion dollars what do you get? Dead. Play for now. The crazy money paid for players (100 mil?) is a world gone insane. Greed? At least some players put back into the community (LT is a prime example) Sometimes I think the wage cap needs to be placed on players. Let them (with their free education) become the basket weaver grad that they are. Not all players are dumb as a post but the free hand they get... It drives me crazy with all the money involved in sports that world hunger hasn't ended. Just to mention one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't believe this is all about money. The bigger issue is respect.

Promising Sproles 6.5 million then asking LT to take a pay cut is a slap in the face.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think AJ's plan was to restructure LT and either sign Sproles long term to a contract less than LT's or trade him for a draft pick

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well, that's not the order it was done in. Though I hope LT and Sproles are back here next season.

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    When did AJ promise Sproles $6.5 mil? Link?

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    True, Why some fans don't understand that is a mystery. YOu need a team to win it all. NOt just one aging super star. FAns fall in love with one player all the time. Its normal I guess. But they don't think the whole story out. Fans are Fanatics by definition.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Sproles got Franchised Tagged = $6.(whatever million). I thought it was $6.7 mil but whatever...Keep up with the class. :icon_banana: That happened two weeks ago or so .........

13. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I understand what the franchise tag means. But until it's signed, it don't mean ****. Try and keep up. :abq2:

I guess I'm right for a second time. :yes:

:icon_tease:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You were wrong on the tampering because Brees was tampering with AJ's rectum on something which will not happen.

Sproles will sign the F-tag (thereby the offer AJ made) and then Sproles will say screw you and test free agency next year. There is a class which is called "connect the dots" you missed somewhere along the line. Follow the $money$. Psssttt ... Drew Brees was wondering whether he should accept $2 million to stay a Bolt or $10 million as a Saint ...... Wake up.

15. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Well, If I gotta be wrong, I'd rather be wrong when it come's to AJ's rectum. But I'll let you be the expert on that.:tup:

It's not a matter if or when Sproles decides to sign the franchise tag, but if AJ decides if he's going to let Sproles sign it. You know it and I know it. I guess I fugured out the connect the dot's thing!

Try to keep up! :abq1:

16. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Personally It Just Sickens Me To Hear This Dude Say He Wants To Retire In san Diego But Then Complain About Money...Yeah He Deserves Every Cent He Makes But if It's A Move To Better Our Organization And Maybe Free Up Some Cap Space I Figure This Would Be The Guy That Would Do It...And Yet I Find Myself Turning On The TV Every Day To Hear Rumors Fly Left And Right From Various Sources About His Decision And Yet NO DEFINITIVE ANSWER From LT Himself...

I Just Can't Imagine Seeing This Guy Suit Up For Anyone Else....It's Like Going To Heaven And Finding Out God Is Gay :tdown:

I'll Always Love LT No Matter What But His Rightful Place Is HERE....For SEVERAL Reasons...And That's All Im Sayin....

:cool: