1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I think we're drafting RB's in the 1st and 2nd round...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Jan 21, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    I don't think AJ wants to pay Merriman. Simple as that. And I can't blame him, why would you risk giving a monumental contract to a guy with such off field issues. Add the fact that he hasn't been playing at the same level since destroying his knee and it becomes an EASY decision.

As for Cromartie he's not chopped liver, but he's a lazy, illiterate, scatter brained, gold toothed, diva who is too stupid to play zone defense and never seems to diagnose plays before or while they happen...........and oh yeah, he can't tackle. You can thank Deion Sanders who instilled the sense of self entitlement in his protege'.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Agree completely with both takes. I would like to keep Merriman...but I don't think it's happening and I suspect AJ has already made that decision. Cro will be gone before the draft IMO.

3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Please, Miller has never been more than a backup (TO MATHEWS!) and some think he can be AS GOOD OR BETTER than mathews? Who exactly are these people? And what makes them think that? They have both been there the past 3 years, and the only time Miller did anything was when last year when mathews was hurt. Im sorry, but ill take the guy who was 2nd in the NCAA in rushing last year and has 41 TDs in 33 games

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Felix Jones was a back up to Darren McFadden.

Who would you rather have right about now?

5. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    McFadden only sucks because the Raiders got him. Whoever the raiders pick, they suck. I bet if McFadden went to a place where he had good coaches and support with a good quarterback and good offensive line, he'd be a 1000 yard rusher hands down. Plus Felix had 2956 rush yards in college, Lonyae only has 2062 and only 5 games with 100 yards rushing. There is no way Lonyae Miller is on the Chargers draft board yet alone most NFL teams draft boards.. If anything he will be a 7th rounder or FA.

6. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Felix Jones was a 1000 yard rusher in college who produced even with mcfadden. he showed in college that he could be a big time player

Miller has shown nothing

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I'm still pissed he went to Oakland.

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    With a selection of 5 or 6 good to really good rb's in this draft I'd have to say if we trade cromarite we trade him for an early 2nd rounder and possibly a good defensive front 7 player that some team might not need.

The good thing about cro being a cb is good cb's are wanted. Just don't tell anyone he can't or wont' tackle. But he's pretty good at pass coverage. At least we can write that on his resume.:yes:

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    I heavily agree with this. I was so dissapointed that Oakland landed him, I was sure that he was going to be a monster in this league......hell theres still time if Oakland ever gets their **** together.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    He hasn't really been held back by Oakland so much as he's been held back by injury.

That said, Oakland hasn't helped matters.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    Also I don't think anybody is scared of JaMarcus Russell picking them apart. Teams usually stack the run and force Russell to throw.

12. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Why? McFadden was massively overrated and proved it. He has great speed and is a one cut runner who can hit the hole and fly through it. That works great in college...not so much in the NFL unless you have an exceedingly good OLine that opens those kinds of holes with regularity. Speed is neutralized to a great extent in the NFL...McFadden is fast...but wasn't Chris Johnson fast...and doesn't have the great vision, cutting ability, or power that otherwise makes a complete NFL back......Just another explosive player who isn't really a full time NFL back...just like Reggie Bush.

what would have pissed me off is if Al Davis somehow lost his ***** for speed and actually picked up a legit NFL back who could have helped the Raiders. Thankfully, speed is really all he cares about. This isn't the 70's anymore where a track team, steroids (Alzado, etc), stick 'em (lester hayes) can combine to win titles.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I was pissed he went to Oakland because I'm a Razorbacks fan and was hoping he'd get the chance to prove people with your opinion wrong somewhere other than a division rival.

Going to Oakland did two things.

1) I couldn't root for him in his pro career

2) Going to their system killed any chance he had at success.

14. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Couldn't agree more

15. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    #1 I fully understand. If a SDSU player I really liked...like Marshall Faulk back in the day...were signed by the Raiders, I'd throw up a bit in my mouth.

#2 I understand also to a point. It certainly wasn't the best place to land by any stretch.....but also, I see backs like Bush and Fargas outperforming McFadden. It also didn't say much for his toughness when LT at the end of his career played through an entire season with the exact same injury McFadden had (turf toe....LT's sounded a degree worse)..and McFadden had to nurse it for a 1/4 of a season. Just sayin'...The better Razorback RB seems to clearly have been Felix Jones.

16. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    The more negative press that comes out with Cromartie from his babys mamas to his ballerina-like tackling, we'll be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. The Cowboys don't appear to want to part with any of their RB's for him. Sad that you can't trade a starting CB who may be the most physically gifted in the league in terms of raw speed and leaping ability...and is still very young....for a 3rd string RB.