1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Wanna Move Back to SD!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lightning's Girl, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    It is just after 9:30 PM, and the temp, which made it only to 30 degrees today with full sun, has already dropped 20 degrees since nightfall..........which makes it TEN DEGREES.

That's right, I said ten degrees. It got into the single digits for about five minutes early this morning, but as fast as the temp is dropping, it could easily fall below zero by morning. I've been out in wind-chills that low, but right now I just stepped out onto the porch where there's a brisk NE wind blowing, and I couldn't stand it longer than a minute. My face feels like I was just assaulted by a dry-ice block, and I'm not sure I can even feel my fingers yet..........all the heaters are on full blast, and I still have icicles hanging off my nose..

I know that you who live in harsher climates will say I'm a wuss, and you're right: I AM a wuss when it comes to cold. I hate it. In fact, I hate cold the way a cat hates unscheduled showers. I can handle the occasional snowstorm and the even rarer stalagmite (or is it stalactite?) displays along our gutters, but this is bitterly cold even by Western Oregon standards, where winter daytime temps average a relatively temperate 45 degrees. Actually, if it ever reaches 45 degrees again, it will be time to put on shorts and a tank top........

The last time it was even close to being this cold was 20 years ago when we first moved up here. Daytime temps stayed below freezing for about a week; we had a foot of snow on the ground and a windchill factor of 15 below, which made it interesting when we went outside (ever have snot freeze in your nostrils? Happened to me.) But tonight it's clear as a bell and colder than hell, and we're supposed to get a combination of more snow and freezing rain tomorrow.

Global warming, my left asscheek.:tdown:

~sigh~Is it spring yet?

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I think it's 17 here in SLC right now. :tdown: We've had snow on and off since Saturday.

Not sure which way I'm headed, but I know I won't spend the rest of my days in SLC... It's been nice but I most definitely need a change. I'll prolly end up in Phoenix or SD, places where I have close family members.

3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    We were seriously considering moving to AZ a few years back......I have seasonal-affective disorder really bad, and I'd just about had enough of months on end of gray skies and gloom. I'd gone so far as to research nursing jobs, of which there are plenty since so many geriatric patients move there, and housing prices. Then my first grandson was born, and all those plans went right out the window..In fact, I don't see us ever flying the coop now, unless my daughter and SIL move to Alaska like they talk about every now and again. They wanted us to go with them.........I can't imagine surviving even one AK winter, if I get all discombobulated and whiney when the thermometer dips below freezing!

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    yo soy el nino!

5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    It's 48 right now here

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    would somebody please mail me some snow, you guys keep talking about it, what is it?

7. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    It was -20 here the other morning and it warmed up to 8 during the day. I was called out to work because some valves wouldn't open. Talk about freezing. So, San Diego sounds pretty good to me right now too.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    If I want to be that cold, I'll go visit the Penguin's at Sea World.

While in the Air Force, I had to go to Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota in February. It was back in the late70's. I'll I remember is that when we landed all you could see was where they kept throwing the snow off to the side of the Runway, I swear the piles were 10 foot high.

10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    My son was visiting his dad and step mom in northern Idaho last week. (-20) He had just showered and was going to leave the house with wet hair..... when his step mom stepped in and told him to blow dry his hair or risk having his hair break off. :lol:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hmm, where can I have that happen to me? :lol:

12. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It's snowing in Las Vegas, right now! :yes:

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Oh Great! :eek: I can imagine what the storm will be like by the time it hits SLC tomorrow. :tdown: I can only hope and pray this weather pattern stays to the south...

14. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    They even have a ground hold at the airport! No flights in or out. And no equipment to clear the snow! :icon_rofl:
    Southwest has canceled all flights.

I-15 is closed at Mtn. Pass (CA./Nev. border) and Cajon Pass.

Schools could even be closed tomorrow!

This is the first time this has happened since 1979.

Could be good for the Las Vegas economy!

15. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Back in Minnesota, one year we had -20 for the HIGH for 2 weeks. The only good thing about it was there wasn't much wind and lots of sunshine.

16. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    OR, go up to Big Bear or Julian or Palomar Mountain. :tup:

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    While I was in the Air Force I got stationed in Glasgow, Montana for a year...I pulled into the train station coming back from leave on Jan. 1, 1967, and with the wind chill it was 43 below zero.

18. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I Agree With Thread Title....

:cool:

19. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Global warming gone wild!

20. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
  21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    When was the last time LV got snow?

• Like Like x 1
  22. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Yesterday!
    (not like this!)

I've been here since 1995 and have never seen this on The Strip. But we get snow just about every year on the outer edges of the valley and the mountains.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Just spoke with someone in Vegas. She said you guys are expecting another 3-6 inches of snow tonight. :icon_eek:

Looks like there won't be much activity in LV tomorrow morning. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  24. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Awesome Photo!:icon_toast:

25. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Dammit LV! :icon_tease: That storm is in SLC this morning and we are getting hit hard. :tdown:

I'm working from home today.... Readjusting the whole schedule cuz I don't feel like driving in this crap. :icon_evil:

26. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    This will be one of those weekends where you can go to the beach, drive out to the Anza/Borrego desert - then up to Julian for the snow and a great piece of pie, experiencing three different climates in a single day - and the beauty is you can drive out of the snow and back home - all within 50 miles of home. ;)

27. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    We only got about four inches of snow today... My neighbor told me that we're supposed to get dumped on (snow) tomorrow. She said our lunch date is still on because she has four wheel drive and nothing is stopping us. :tup: :icon_party:

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    [​IMG]

Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right Carrie

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Can you even get to Julian, I heard the road was shutdown.

30. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    We didn't get it. :no:
    I still had to go to work.