1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I want a new jersey!!......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    In honor of my beloved Bolts coming over my side of the pond in October. I am going to treat myself and get myself a new jersey. Thinking of the new alternate. I havn't decided who to get yet?. My first choice was Cro, then I thought maybe VJ, Coop or maybe even Waters (I am expecting big things from him).

Thing is I want to represent an up and coming player rather than one of the marquee names. I reckon there will be thousands of LT and Merriman jerseys on display in London.

Who would u get and why?...

Also, where is best to get a replica one of these online?, the store on chargers.com doesn't even have the Cro jersey!!, jeeeeeeeez.

Thanks in advance guys. :icon_toast:

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my opinion since you are wanting to purchase an up and coming player I would go for either a Weddle #32, Definitely a Cro #31, If you can find it a Phillips #95, if you would not mind this guy is Sproles #43 or like you I would definitely go for Waters #53 because he wears Foleys old number and it looks good on the Jersey with the #53 on it in my opinion.

Those are in mt opinion, If I were to get an alternate of the new Jerseys those players I mention would be the ones I would purchase. If you can find them of course.

I hope that could help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    1 - Cromartie - Hes proving to be one of the top 5 CBs in the NFL already and is just an ultimate play maker. The guy is so exciting and its so much fun to root for guys like that. Plus he is still young and will be here for a LONG time so you dont have to worry about him leaving anytime soon

2 - VJ - The guy is going to be the future of our passing game and is already showing what that he has the skill and potential to be a pro bowl WR, and really when was the last time we had one of those? The ONLY thing thats stopping me from buying a VJ jersey right now is im waiting for him to get an extension. I know AJ will get it done, but i just want to make sure first

3 - Philip Rivers - I know he isnt an "up and coming" player since he has already shown up and made a difference and been a pro bowler, but its just so much fun hearing other teams fans try to talk **** about him, and that always happens when you wear his jersey.

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    You Rip have that 100% correct. Cro is going to be a constant Pro Bowler and just think he is still learning how to play the the game because of his lack of College experience.

I am going to be buying a Cro Away jersey here as soon as they arrive at one of my local stores in about 4 or 5 months. They sold out when I tried last time so I had them reserve one for me.

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere online where one can buy 'replica' alternate jerseys with players of your choice on?. Surely there is somewhere?.... :icon_huh:

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Chris Chambers. FTEW.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Here ya go. NFL Shop You can customize the jersey

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Get a Philip Rivers jersey and put this on the back:

I AM THE CHOSEN ONE :tup:

[​IMG]

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Many thanks... I looked there only recently but you could not get adult alternate replicas. All you get were authentics but my budget won't stretch that far.

Again many thanks Powderlove!!.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Was thinking of that........ only it'd be a number 17 with just 3 letters on.

GOD

(he will deliver us from all evil and give us the Lombardi trophy!)

We had a soccer player over here, Roy Keane is his name. Lads used go round with Man U and Celtic jerseys on with 'GOD' on them and his number 16.

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    :icon_huh:

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Jeeeeeeeeeeez man I apologize. I was reading so many threads and posts I musta got all mixed up. If u get to London ur first beer of many is on me!. :icon_toast:

Thanks again, looks like it will be Cro. I really want to get a 'Waters' one but it is a bit of a risk if he does not make it the way we all hope.

13. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

hey tony .. i almost over looked that pic you posted until i did the ole double take on it ( nice pic ) !!! lol

hey dublin bolt .. i am surprised #99 igor olshansky wouldnt be in the top 5 on your list !?!

:abq2:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    No worries! Just messing with ya.

I have been to Dublin 3x, but that was before you were posting here.

Was there in March 2005, Feb 2006 and March 2006 for work. Had a blast when I was there. Stayed at the Hilton on Charlemont St. across from a pub called The Old Barge.

15. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Try this place http://www.jersey101.com/en/products.asp?typeid=327

Might be more in your budget :tup:

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Wow I'm impressed. I know 'The Barge' v well. Nice place to stay when in Dublin. Was the LUAS (the electric light rail thingie) running back then?. If it was it was cruising right past your hotel.

Pity I missed u, any chance u'll be back?. Any chance ur going to London?.

17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
  18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Every Jesus Bible Thumping Freak went off in the Union Tribune forums over that picture.

Did I care?

No.

I told them all to KMA & SMD.

Plus, I started the AJ is GOD thing to really get them frothing at the mouth. :lol: :icon_rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yeah, that fuking train with the squeaky *** breaks was rolling by the hotel. First night there in March 2005 my room overlooked the station. I changed rooms.

"The Barge", not the old barge. Thats right.

Doubt I will be back to Dublin anytime soon. The company I work for is shutting this office at the end of April and I will be looking for a new job. The move to Dublin option was not something I wanted to do.

While I was there in 2006, I went to the St. Mary's (I would call it a highschool) Irish football match. Was a good time, but damn is was freaking cold( 1 or 2 C) and those youngsters were running around in shorts. :icon_eek: I was wearing my Northface ski jacket. :yes:

Only thing I was not able to do when I was there was tour the Guinness brewery. :icon_sad: But that is all I drank when I was there. No comparison to Guinness outside of Ireland. The stuff in the US tastes like ****.

Don't think I will be making the London trip as all my fun funds are going to be tied up for my 10th anniversary and I am going tropical.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  21. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings:
    +152
    I haven't personally but the guy that gave me the website said he had and that it was the real deal. As soon as I get some spare cash i'm gonna though cause I really want a Cro jersey. I saw him at training camp and knew he was going to be special :tup:

Let me know how it goes if you buy from there before I do :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  22. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Some people on the UT need to get a life..well done T-man

23. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings:
    +152
    Yeah but this one says it all
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Attached Files:

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Tony has too much time on his hands and too high of an opinion of himself :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_eek::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  26. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    It does...its the trifecto right there:tup::tup::icon_rofl:

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks! Plan to shop there very soon. I'll let ya know how it goes. :yes:

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am beyond god. :flag: :icon_party: :abq2:

Science has no answer......they are baffled. :yes:

Quantum physicists and the dudes from Star Trek are getting involved because ... well ... because. :lol:

• Like Like x 1