1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I was just thinking about this guys....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Oct 4, 2010.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    With the offense not missing a beat and actually playing better this season, do you now think VJ was the product of the offensive SYSTEM, Rivers and Gates being doubled? I mean VJ is a great WR, a physical freak and I wish he was playing for us but it looks like so far like we haven't even missed a beat offensively. Thoughts?

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I suspect VJ would thrive in any offense. He has all the tools.

I do not think he is a product of the offense or QB either even though both (system and QB) are better than sound.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    No doubt this offense would be better with VJ. He's not the product of the system. On the field VJ is a beast. He's got ridiculous athleticism for his size, he catches everything thrown near him and he's one of the best blocking WRs in the game. Sure, he benefits from playing with great players like Gates and Rivers, but they benefit from playing with him, too.

If VJ wasn't such a mess of the field, he would make this offense unstoppable. If VJ went to a team with less talented skill players, I believe his numbers would increase. He puts up pro bowl numbers in this offense, but in an offense where he was the primary focus, he would put up even better numbers.

4. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Once VJ learned to catch with his hands instead of his body and able to leverage his size as a real advantage (ala Gates) he was off to the races and as said will be great with any team at this point. He appears to be a pretty rare athlete and not easily replaced.

The bolts will miss having their twin towers as the season progresses. We clearly missed him week one in my opinion near the goal line at the end of the game.

Rivers really knows how to throw to these tall guys to take advantage of that asset. Having three guys that could post up with authority or take it down the seam just as well was a pretty amazing combination. I am kind of bummed we don't get to see the band with all the instruments now that Floyd has fully matured.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    VJ is over-rated we will do even better without him. He chokes on big plays. The wr we have now catch balls better. If u could keep VJ off the GREEN then talk to me.

6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    V well put. I agree with most all of this. Such a pity as Alpenbolt says that we don't get to see what the O would be like with all our weapons having matured.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Well if this offense operates just as well without him, then I guess he is not worth the $$$$$$ he wants, so let his butt walk! We can find someone else that wants to be here!