1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I wish Spanos would fire Norv so...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    ...EVERYONE COULD SHUT THE F*CK UP ALREADY!

This pissing , moaning and crying is f*cking OLD AND TIRED. NOBODY in the Chargers front office gives a flying f*ck what anyone here at Bolt Talk has to say. NOBODY! The posters who piss and moan in damn near every post about A.J., NOBODY WITH ANY AUTHORITY GIVES A SH*T. The Norv haters, NOBODY WITH ANY AUTHORITY GIVES A SH*T.

You're left with a few choices:

1) Write to the Chargers, at least then you will only annoy them with your crying.

2) Vote with your wallet and encourage others to do the same. That probably won't make a difference unless you really get a lot of people involved, but hey at least you're doing something that MIGHT help.

3) Switch your allegiance to some team that embodies all the macho bravado you sling around in here. "I don't settle for anything less than a Lombardi, blah, blah, blah." Go be a Steelers fan, lord knows there aren't enough of those "Got Rings?" as* monkeys running around every city in America. No really, go somewhere else, because you aren't getting what you want as a Chargers fan so why not select a team that does those things you think the Chargers aren't.

4) Give up on football altogether.

Maybe there's some other things I didn't think of, but I KNOW FOR A FACT that your incessant whining here at Bolt Talk won't accomplish ANYTHING!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The dya people stop bitching about Norv is teh day Democrats stop bitching about Bush and Palin and Republicans stop bitching about Obama and Pelosi.

It won't stop until they are gone, so get over it

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :eek:

Ritalin prescription run out???

:D

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Is it whining when its right? Its simple really. You don't like "our" posts then don't read them. Keeps you from going crazy and allows us to vent.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Then we need to shut Bolttalk down so precious doesn't have to read about anything other than rainbows and ponies. Or better yet go to happyland over at the UT forum or the .com forum.

7. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    PUT THE F***ING LOTION IN THE BASKET!!

:eek:

8. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I mean if I don't like the topic of HollywoodLeo cross dressing then I don't read those threads. :eek: :icon_rofl: But they have every right to discuss it. :p

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    dood, I think Hollywood has suffered enough this week!! :lol:

11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I was being hypothetical of course. ;)

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    It's whining when it's over and over and over and over again. How many f*cking times do some people need to keep making the same point?

13. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Dude, you're missing my point. It's not that everyone hates Norv and/or A.J., it's that SO many people have to bring it up SO many times. Do people think if they continue to whine over and over about the same thing that it might actually accomplish something?

14. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    But it's half the threads or more on the Forum. It's like a bunch of guys all think they will win a car or something if they are the biggest Norv hater. So more threads beating the same dead horse get created, and more dead horse beating goes on. The Chargers aren't firing Norv, so in the words of DenverNorvHater "get over it."

15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Do you actually think that people think that it will accomplish something? Of course it won't accomplish anything. People are just venting. It is what it is. The same thing happens every time there is something newsworthy to complain about. I do think that it all should be confined in one thread.

16. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Usually the mods do a good job of combining the hate into one thread. I see your point.

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    :D
    I just skim them, then laugh my *** off because like you said, it don't mean sh!t, the chargers aren't listening.

18. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Concur. One giant "Norv suck/needs to be fired/wish he would die/etc." thread would be nice.

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Maybe you should have tried getting that point across instead

;)

20. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Well, let's analyze your options for a minute

With no way of knowing if anybody actually reads it combined with the sad realization that nobody's going to make any real decisions based off a fan letter this seems like a futile effort.

However, if enough poured in I can see it having some affect, so I actually recommend this.

Even so, there's no reason to pretend someone can't both do this and discuss their opinion on this board.

This is similar to option 1 in that it might be effective if enough people get behind the movement, but since that's unlikely to happen it seems like a futile effort.

This one is even worse than option 1, however, because if you take this course of action and not enough people follow you you wind up needlessly depriving yourself of the football experience, which can be fun to some extent even with losses and failure.

These two are by far the worst options and are almost not worth discussing.

When someone says they want a Lombardi and don't want to settle for less there's the unwritten/unspoken understanding that the person wants this and will settle for less for his favorite team. Bandwagoning another team is stupid. You may as well be saying "I'm a Lombardi trophy fan!!!!" It's perfectly reasonable for a fan to want his team to win the Super Bowl and be upset if they don't and if they seem to not be taking the right actions to get there.

I'd venture to guess that nobody expects it to accomplish anything. (I get a laugh out of those that do seem like they think so, however)

But most people are just in here venting and discussing their opinions on an opinion-based message forum. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, I can turn the tables on you and point out that your thread here, which can also be perceived as whining, is not going to stop "Fire Norv" or "fire AJ" posts from being posted here so you're wasting just as much time with a just as useless effort as any of them are.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Happyland?

Seriously?

This was a perfect excuse to use "Mamby Pamby Land" and you failed like a Nate Kaeding playoff kick.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I thought I had.

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Until the problem is no longer a problem. Do you stop telling your kid to clean their room just because they haven't cleaned it up? No, you keeps telling them to clean it until it is clean. We will keep yelling for Norv to be fired, until he is fired

• Like Like x 1
  24. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    But I only posted one thread, as opposed to the masses starting numerous threads all basically just pissing and moaning about Norv. And maybe I reach someone, who knows. Maybe someone is like "holy sh*t! I AM one of a whole bunch of people all saying the same thing over and over again. How lucky I am to have Savage Lizard point that out to me so I can stop adding to the din."

Just trying to do my part.

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    what I read was blah blah F*** you if you want a Lombardi go root for another team.

but then I've had a few beers

26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :lol::lol::lol:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Savage Lizard again.

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    FWIW, I do agree with the multiple threads on the same subject complaint.

But, to be fair to the other side of the argument, you gotta expect that to come with the territory when there's an issue going on that most everyone agrees on because a lot of people aren't going to follow basic message board etiquette. This is where the mods need to step in and drop the merge bomb.

It's really only extra annoying to me when it's the same person posting multiple threads...and derailing others....on the same subject. But he's been banned for awhile now.

28. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Thankfully! Can you imagine the horror if he were still here?

29. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    My daughter moved out yesterday, and my son did a few months ago. I don't have to worry about anyone's room but my own now!

Besides, that's a terrible analogy. As a parent you can directly make your kid's life miserable if they don't do what you want them to do. As a fan, you can only make Savage Lizard's life miserable with your constant complaining, Dean and A.J. don't give a sh*t.

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Like it or not, complaining is the only things upset fans can do. Politicians don't give a **** about us either, and people still bitch about what they are or aren't doing