1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I would rather have Tebow then Clemens!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VenomSyndrome, Sep 5, 2015.

1. VenomSyndrome

VenomSyndrome Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I think we can all agree we had to rely on Clemens as QB for more then a few games we could call the season over. I think Tebow is a way better Winner. I just fell that what Tebow has is immeasurable.

Let the haters rain.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Did we just sign Tebow? I am confused over this post.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Curious. Why exactly do you think Tebow is a winner?

And why do you think every GM in the NFL disagrees with you?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    I say sign him. If Rivers goes down, we don't have a shot and at least Tebow would bring publicity to what would amount to dumpster fire season. Plus he'd guarantee us the #1 pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    All you doomers and gloomers about if PRiv going down, blah, blah are dead wrong because TT and MM are already well ahead of Ya'll. the secret weapon is called Donald Brown and the top secret scheme being worked on just in case is the Wild Cat, all the way to that elusive Lombardy.

How does Blitzy know this? Let's just say that Blitzy is firmly planted with in-the-know clique and knew from the beginning what the inept, talentless, stupid rookie GM had been up to! Just trust me on this one ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I agree that Clemmens sucks, but still not sure Tebow is better.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Here's the thing

Tebow isn't an answer at QB. He's still not that accurate, he can't run much of a playbook and he's going to be a lightning rod.

Having said that

He's still better than Clemens

9. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    tmp_13574-FB_IMG_1439557562756400204247.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Also, ex-Eagles QB Tim Tebow cleared waivers.

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Good god, watch some of those games he "won." He sucks for three quarters, the defense keeps them in it, someone on the other team does something dumb, he makes a play and people lose their minds. Let's take a look at Tebow's run in 2011:
    • Tebow doesn't complete 50% of his passes, no points for three quarters, Prater wins it with a FG in OT.
    • Broncos destroyed by Detroit 45-10. Tebow 18 of 39.
    • Beat the Raiders, but come on it's the Raiders. Tebow 10 of 21.
    • Denver beats KC 17-10 as Tebow is 2 of 8 and Denver runs for 244 yards.
    • Denver beats NYJ 17-13 with Tebow going 9 of 20.
    • Scores on a late TD run as Antonio Cromartie characteristically avoids trying to tackle him.
    • Broncos beat Chargers 16-13 in OT. Tebow 9-18, Von Miller makes a great play to knock the Chargers further back and Novak misses his second FGs in OT to allow an eventual Prater game winner.
    • Tebow actually gets over 50% completions in this game, a 35-32 victory over the Vikings. Ponder throws a late pick in their own end of the field in a tie game giving Denver a Matt Prater FG to win it.
    • Broncos beat the Bears 13-10, Tebow is 21 of 40, just over 50% completions. Bears trying to ice the game late and Marion Barber runs out of bounds to stop the clock giving Denver more time. They eventually get a Prater FG to get to OT. In OT, with the Bear driving, Marion Barber fumbles the ball away to Denver, Prater again in OT for the win.
    • Broncos destroyed by Patriots 41-23, Tebow is 11 of 22.
    • Chiefs beat Broncos 7-3, Tebow is 6 of 22.
    • The game Tebow "won" in the playoffs. Tebow 10 of 21, in OT throws a 17 yard pass from his 20, then Demaryius Thomas stiff arms a defender at the 47 to avoid being tackled, and runs another 53 years to the end zone for the winning TD.
    • Broncos blown out by the Patriots 45-10. Tebow 9 of 26.
    Now I'm not saying Tebow had nothing to do with these wins. BUT, he was fortunate as hell, the Broncos defense kept them in most of those games while he couldn't complete half his passes most of the time, and then he makes a play or two, and several of those wins came down to Matt Prater making a kick. Tebow is not a good QB, he was part of a crazy run, ONE TIME, and has been released by four teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Tebow is a good athlete, but he's not an NFL QB. If he wasn't so stubborn, he would've tried to adapt to a new position, but he's too proud to admit his own shortcomings. Having a delusional fanbase certainly doesn't help him come to his senses though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Settle down, guys!!

I'm pretty sure it was a typo.

I went back through XenForo's cache, and the headline was supposed to read:

I would rather have Tebow then Chlamydia!

[Personally, I'd consider that one a toss-up]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    One wonders how an extreme, fundamentalist, in-your-face Protestant like Tebow would get on with a right-wing, Quiverfull Catholic like Rivers, who has made "Nunc Coepi" the Chargers' motto and makes no bones about his allegiance to the misogynist fascist theologian, José María Escrivá. It would make for an interesting locker room, to say the least.

15. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Two of the greatest.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Here Here!!

17. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    This is single handedly the best game-by-game, description of why Tebow is NOT what his fanboys make him out to be. I think it was a one time lucky run he made...and I think NFL coaches know...it's not really repeatable. People want some assurance of results.

I don't want to sound like a douche, but I've played some football and I think I could hit better passes than I've seen Tebow through like he did in preseason for the Eagles.

18. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    Thank you for providing an accurate record of what happened and exposing the Tebow myth for just what it is--a myth.

I would go farther than you did and say that not only did Tebow not win those games, but that any decent NFL QB would have done better with the defensive effort that the Broncos provided in those games.

I don't oppose us getting a different backup QB that could present defenses with some mobility issues, but my choice would not be Tebow. I would take Josh Johnson in a heartbeat, though, over Clemens. Johnson looks more mobile than Tebow and he throws a heck of a lot better. Tebow is simply not an NFL caliber QB.

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    How about RGIII?

Aaaaaaand..... GO!

20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    It's a 1:05 start, so if you hurry and beat the church parking lot... :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  21. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm going to stick with Rivers then Clemens.

22. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Doublefacepalm.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Not really.

Everyone really needs to step back and consider that in the minds of the vast majority of the coaching staffs in this league, unless you're developing a young (i.e. 21-24 year old) up-and-comer at the position, the "back-up" QB is more an extension of the coaching staff than he is an expected player. If your starter goes down (and this is the case of 95% of the teams in the league) for any extended period of time, your season is boned and you know it - unless you've got both a defense and running game that you can lean on (along with catching some lucky breaks).

In the regard of ALL the duties of a QB2 (including going over film with the starter, being that earpiece presence and second set of eyes/mind on the sideline, and being able to step in to close out games without having to adapt the offensive scheme), hate to break it to the Tebow-faithful... Clemens is better. Clemens is a mediocre-at-best QB, but he's a superior backup QB to Tim Tebow.

Tebow requires that you adapt your offense to him in order to cover his shortcomings - and that's more than just his sub-par arm strength and refusal to make more than one (two-at-best) reads before taking off running regardless of whether he's got receivers getting open or not.

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I think RG3 is a headcase, but he's still younger with upside that Tebow, frankly, never had. If it were on a much more manageable cap-hit, I'd take RGIII on the roster to see if McCoy can (physically if necessary) slap some sense into him.

25. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    Under the collective bargaining agreement, can a team force a player to wear a muzzle 24 hours a day? If not, then I would pass on RGIII--team distraction and not that good.