1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ian Scott “ready to go”

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Casey Pearce
    Posted Oct 14, 2009

Defensive tackle Ian Scott feels strong and is ready to help the Chargers.

When defensive tackle Ian Scott[​IMG] returned to the Chargers Wednesday, there was no need for a refresher course on the playbook nor an introduction to his teammates and coaches. All he needed was a play-by-play of what’s taken place on the field during the first four weeks of the Chargers’ season.
    “I couldn’t watch,” Scott said. “I didn’t want to watch. It was difficult. I’ve been getting bits and pieces of what’s been going on from the guys, but I couldn’t watch the games.”

Scott, who played four games with the Chargers in 2008 and spent the entire offseason with the club before being released September, re-joined the club Wednesday and was thrilled to be back.
    “It feels like I wasn’t gone,” Scott said. “Guys have welcomed me back and hopefully I get a chance to contribute and help these guys continue to win.”
    Head Coach Norv Turner said that he expects Scott to be active and contribute Monday night when the Chargers host the Broncos. According to Turner, Scott had a strong showing in training camp but a knee issue kept him from fully contributing. Now that Scott is stronger, Turner sees the veteran defensive tackle as a player that can help his team.
    “He’s much better,” Turner said. “He had a good workout. He had that knee cleaned out with a scope that last week he was here and I think it helped him a great deal. He’s ready to go.”
    It’s been an interesting few weeks for Scott. He spent time training in Phoenix and was in San Diego last week preparing to move his family back to Florida. He thought his football career may have been over after six NFL seasons. When the Chargers called him this week, he was more than happy to unpack the boxes he’d begun to organize and settle back in.
    “I can’t honestly say that I’ve always kept the faith,” Scott said. “If I said that my wife would be all over me. It’s been rough. When you get in my position where you’re starting to get up there in years, your opportunities don’t come as often. There are a lot of people who have believed for me when I was having trouble with it. You never know why God works things out the way he does.”
    Because of what he’s gone through, Scott said that his love for the game is at an all-time high.
    “Even through training camp and preseason, my appreciation for the game is probably a lot higher than it’s been and I’m having a lot more fun,” Scott said. “That’s why it was hard for me to watch.”

Hart released
    In order to make room for Scott, the Chargers released veteran safety Clinton Hart. Two weeks ago in Pittsburgh, four defensive linemen were forced to carry the majority of the workload up front, so the Chargers made the move to add another big body.
    Prior to Wednesday, the Chargers had six safeties on their roster and were pleased with what they’ve seen from some of their young players at the position, so Hart was made expendable.
    “We feel the young guys have come along and are ready to play,” Turner said. “I don’t know that it was as much Clinton as the young guys have come on. Kevin (Ellison) played a lot in the Miami game and I was impressed with him. Steven Gregory is playing well at that position. It gives us some other options.”
    Hart started the first four games of the season at strong safety. When asked Wednesday, Turner said he’ll wait before publically announcing who the new starter will be.
    “There’s no rush right now,” Turner said “We’re playing multiple guys back there. We’ll make a decision later in the week.”

Getting healthy
    The Chargers won’t issue an official injury report until Thursday, but from a health standpoint, the team appears to have benefitted from the bye week. Turner said his team had a strong showing Wednesday as far as participation was concerned.
    “We had most of our guys out working today,” Turner said. “Some were limited, but I think we’re much further along than we would have been a week ago at this time. I like where we’re at in terms of our preparation.”

Tickets remain
    Approximately 1,500 remain for Monday’s game between the Chargers and Broncos. In order to lift the local television blackout, the game must be declared a sellout by 5:40 pm Pacific time Friday.
    Tickets are available now at the Chargers’ ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium, at www.Chargers.com and through TicketMaster at 800-745-3000.

Arrive early
    Fans planning to attend Monday’s game are encouraged to arrive early. The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) issued a statement Wednesday saying that fans boarding the Trolley after 3:30 p.m. will likely experience delays due to crowded trains.
    Customers are encouraged to buy $5 day passes before boarding the Trolley on their way to their event in order to save time and avoid ticket lines. Tickets may be purchased at all Trolley station ticket vending machines, The Transit Store or ticket booths. An MTS day pass is good on the Trolley and most MTS bus routes. For further information on special event services or to purchase tickets, visit www.sdmts.com or contact 511.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    OK Great. Now STFU and plug some gawdam holes. At least don't get routinely pancaked like Alphonso Boone.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yup. Talk is cheap. Back it on the field.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'm rooting for both Scott and Johnson, we need help and right now they're all we have.

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    This is the funniest part.:icon_rofl:

6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Doesn't it take a little longer than a week for a scope to heal? :icon_eek::icon_shrug:

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    He had it cleaned out the last week he was with us, which I believe was near the end to TC... Its been six weeks...

I was glad to hear that he was cut due to injury other then he being the worst of the worst....

It can only get better IMO...

8. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    "the last week he was here" which was a few months ago. At least that is how I read it.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I believe he referring to the week before Scott was released, which means hs should be healed up by now. We just increased the average weight of the D-line by a few pounds, let's hope the run defense is a little less porous this week.