1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas For Playoff Tailgate Party??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I posted this thread or something similar at our other site. Basically, do you have an idea for the tailgate party in two weeks? Should we base our decision depending on which team we will have to play? Do you have a suggestion like hiring a caterer or doing it ourselves? Seafood, meat, or tofu? I would like to hear any ideas, open for discussion.

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_twisted:

2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Just to let everyone know, I also posted a similar thread over at Bolt Bunker, so we are looking for an idea or ideas that everyone can agree upon. I am going to post a couple of ideas that came up:

Surf & Turf - Good "choice" or better steaks with lobster tails

Pancake Breakfast - With fried chicken?

A BYO party, just pick what you want to bring, could be anything.

The Taco Cart - Besides the regular carne and chicken, they do carnitas "pastor" style. That is where the carnitas are marinated and placed on the spinning rotisserie, like gyros.

Bachelor Party - Crackers, squeezy cheese, vienna sausages, Pop-Tarts, Spam, meatballs, etc.

Philly Cheesesteaks - Beef or chicken, I could have this catered also.

Theme based on who we play?

Do you have a different idea or theme? Let's hear it.

Pointy :yes:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Why not do a pot luck?

4. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    You mean a BYO party?

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Yeah I guess

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am liking the Cheese Steak Idea. :tup:

I can go for also the B.Y.O. thing as well. I would have Please, Boltage Bimbo and or EMB bring something for me. :icon_banana:

I like the Pancake Brealkfast with the Chicken but could we add Waffles as well? I love me some Chicken and Waffles. Yummers. :icon_toast:

7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    As I stated at the other site, every idea that is posted will be considered, and I will make a list of those ideas and themes and it will be voted upon this Thursday or Friday. Please submit an idea or theme so that it can be added to the list.

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    This might be a bad Idea but since we are for the most part San Diegans I think a Mexican Theme would be excellent like Fish Tacos, Enchiladas, Tostadas, Nachos and other Mexican Food.

This is for the Playoff game in 2 weeks.

Any other thoughts on ideas for the Tailgater?

Thank you all for your time. :)

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm thinking I'm gonna show up, drink alot of beer, eat some grub, talk **** to people passing by, then go watch us win the game.

Sounds like a good plan,

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Send me a ticket and airfare

:flag:

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    all of the above?

12. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I posted the following response to the question concerning the cost of doing a cheesesteak theme:

After a lengthy discussion with Ms. Patty, whereupon she will have the beef and chicken steak sandwiches with any combination of onions, peppers, cherry peppers, mushrooms, white cheddar or cheez-whiz on an authentic bread roll (Amoroso) and a side dish like potato salad for 7 bucks, maybe $7.50 per person. Basically, the same cost as the Taco Cart. Only difference is that this is one person doing it all for us. We will need at least an extra flat-top type of grill to cook some of the goodies with. Of course, this is not including tips.

As I said before, we want to put all the ideas out there and get a vote. It's just as important to start getting an idea as to how many people are going to show up. If we have 60 people show up, Patty will be good with that number and there will be plenty to eat. If we get more than 60, she is going to have to try and get more product, and she may have to hire some help.

I will start putting together a list of ideas, and if you are serious about attending, place your vote and how many people total are coming to the tailgate in your group. We may have to do the PayPal thing again, with the cut-off date being Tuesday the 12th. Someone else can be the bank, because I will not want to be taking funds on Game Day.

There is a lot to plan, and unfortunately there is not a lot of time to plan this so if you are serious about what you want for this tailgate, and you know how many people you are bringing, please post that info right now.

Thanks,

13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    These are the valid posted ideas that came up between both sites. Vote now for which theme you want (Only vote for one choice) and how many people are coming with you for this tailgate.

Example:

I vote for the #3 Fish Tacos.

I am bringing 3 people with me for a total of 4 persons.

Okay, here are the choices:

1. All Appetizers

2. Clam Bake

3. Fish Tacos

4. Tri-Tip Roasts

5. Carne Asada/Pollo Asado

6. Bring Your Own (BYO) Food (Pot Luck)

7. Cheesesteaks - Catered Party

8. Pancakes/Fried Chicken

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_toast:

14. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Anyone else want to chime in here (I get hungry every time I read this thread).

I know if the vote goes toward doing the catered cheese steaks :drool: we have to get this set up ASAP.

15. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    To make this easier. I will vote for the Fish Tacos as well. To come to a a vote done ASAP hopefully.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,725
    The voting cut-off date is Thursday Jan 7th at 4:00 PM. If you planning to attend, please include the number of people in your group that are coming. Also, if the catered theme is chosen, we will start accepting PayPal payments over at the other site, with the cut-off date of Tuesday the 12th for PayPal. You can also send a check or money order, just PM me for details. If you look at Post #12 of this thread, please note that I will not be taking funds for food on Game Day. If someone else wants to volunteer their time, it will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pointy :icon_toast: