1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HEXEDBOLT, May 26, 2007.

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Jul 11, 2006
    Who are our boy's in Bolt's? Are they standing at the precipice of true greatness? I mean all the true great dynasties had an image. The Stillers had the "Steel Curtain" and a punch you in the mouth running game. The Boyz had the "Flex Defense" and one hell of a balanced offense. The Donks had the "Orange Crush" and a very good offense, it's goes on and on.

Our team hasn't accomplished anything yet, sure we've won a butt load of games but we can't win when it matters most, Great teams do. I think we have all the parts in place to make a serious run at some SB wins but we lack an identity. We have the best running game in the league, and what appears to be the makings of some pretty damn good receivers and the old high power offense. this is nothing new, our history is we could always get it done on offense, but if you had the ball last you win.

It's time for our Bolts to step up and become as dominate on defense through all four quarters, as some of those past great teams. We are very close and are said to have one of the best front 7's in the league. It's time for all the BS to stop and prove it on the field of play. I don't care for dancing when you make a good play, "act like you've done it before" comes to mind. Line the hell up and bring it too them, slug them in the mouth, kick them when they're down. don't bend and sure as hell don't break. Bring on the Tidal Wave and level the man with the ball in his tracks. Get downright mean and nasty, make them bleed and fear treading into your turf.

Sorry about this long ramble, but I for one am tired of reading the "Our Bolt's don't get no respect" BS. They haven't earned it yet, except from us fans that have hung in there for what seems like forever waiting for that first SB win.:bolt2:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    Trent Green respects us enough to want to flee to Miami.
  3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Aug 8, 2006
    I agree, the only way to get respect is to earn it winning at least a freacking playoff game, then winning the superbowl

If this team does that (win the superbowl) and becomes a dinasty I think it will be know for it's high power offense, and tough defense, but not one unit will outshine the other (at least not by much) which I like, I remember the Coryell years and even though the offense was great you knew if the other team had the ball they would score