1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

IE Charger Backer Club

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Apr 5, 2007.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Set to meet at Indigo Joe's on April 15th. Anyone interested send me a PM for more details.

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Is this so you can celebrate your tax return? Or drown in your sorrow?

3. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Neither. South IE doesnt have a club yet and they are trying to get one together out this way. This is pretty much a gathering to see if we can carry a charger club this way. No set time yet.

4. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    HERE IS A COMMENT LEFT FOR ONE OF THE GUYS TRYING TO GET THIS THING TOGETHER. APRIL 15TH IS KINDA LIKE A TRAIL AND ERROR DEAL. SEE WHAT WE NEED TO GET THIS CLUB GOING, ALSO WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED AND ALL. SO IF YOU LIVE IN THE SOUTHERN IE(MOVAL, PERRIS, SUN CITY, MENIFEE, MURRIETA, TEMECULA OR OTHERS I MAY HAVE MISSED) COME ON OUT AND LETS GET THIS THING TOGETHER! THE FOLLOWING IS THE COMMENT.

The reason for getting together would be to get the organization started and get something set up before draft day... draft day party and whatever. As I mentioned I will bring a dvd of the 1982 Charger/Miami playoff game... depending on how many people show up it may be on the big screen or it may be on some of the smaller screens. I've also ordered a dvd on the Chargers 2005-2006 Draft that includes collegiate highlights of Castillo, Merriman, Jackson, Sims, and more. The videos are just something to help us get a "Charger Fix" as we wait for draft day.

We can discuss what kind to club or organization we want... how formal or informal it should be etc... It's easy to join a club or group. It's harder to start one. But, if we Inland Empire Charger Fans want some sort of organization, the only way to have one is to simply create it and that's what April 15th is about.

11:00 am sounds a little early to me. I would suggest that we say the organizational get together part of the get together starts at 1:00 pm, but if people want to come early for lunch or to watch videos, that would be fine. How would that be?

Once we nail down a time, let's send out some PM's to anyone we think might be interested. I know the owner of the local donut shop is a big Charger fan and if after the 15th we come up with a poster, for example, for a draft day party I'm sure he'd put it up in his shop. I also know the owner of the Lumpy's, a BBQ restuarant in Old Town Temecula, is a big Charger fan. He might also let us put up a poster if we get something set up.

I think we have time before the draft to get some things done and to get this thing off the ground.

5. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    We are meeting there between 1-1:30pm on saturday.