1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If Bolts Advance to the SB and Win........

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Jan 11, 2010.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Does LT retire? He (lately) has talked about all there is left to do is win a championship. Based on his play this year, while all along saying he is felling great, he really hasn't done that well. You can make up all the excuses in the world as to why, you can use what very few long gains he had to say, "see, he still has it". Realistically, I just don't see it. If he did retire, how much cap money would that save us? If it is a nice chunk of change that could go a long way to resigning some of our players.....VJ, SM & others. If we did win the SB I would love to see LT hang it up as a winner.

2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I'm just going to enjoy the ride, and the ride continues Sunday. Whatever happens in the off season is a subject left for the off season in my opinion.

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think he has gotten into the record-breaking mindset and a ring won't stop him from wanting to win another and breaking more records. LT's a competitive person and if he believes he can take records, which evidence shows he does, he'll stick around until he does. In that case, there is no way I see him staying in bolts for even one more year.

4. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    No way Jose.

Players are full of noble intentions when they are younger - "I want to retire at my peak" and all that stuff.
    As they get older and the truth dawns that their career wont go on for ever and shopping at the Mall on Sundays approaches, their tone invariably changes.

These guys love the camaraderie, adrenaline, competition of playing.
    That and his need to get as high up those leader boards mean he WILL be back - and a Charger to boot.

Go LT!!
    :abq1:

5. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    If the Bolts advance to the SB I actually have a friend, unbelievably wealthy, that will take me to Miami to watch them win it all. How cool is that?

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I am about 3 hours up the road from the stadium. :tup: I just need tickets!:icon_eek:

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I think in the Bay Area they call those guys "uncles." :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    I told my kids at the beginning of the season I would spike up my hair in a blue fohawk...

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    PICTURES!! :lol:

10. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    lol but it's a girl.

11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I read something recently, that he said he will play football beyond this season, for San Diego, or somewhere else.