1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If Legadu runs right he gets a first down out of bounds

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  2. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    On that final 3rd down play at the end of the game, when Legadu caught the ball, if he just runs to his right as it was apparant he was going to, he would have got the first down and got out of bounds most likely. That's what it looked like to me, and even Fouts called it on the tv.
    Instead he tried to turn up field, and fell short. He could have got the first down continuing to his right, and I feel if he had, we would have scored with 4 brand new downs.

Tough loss, and Rivers 2 INT's were lucky as hell breaks for Baltimore. Chambers was interfered with IMO.

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I disagree, if he had broken that you guys wouldn't say anything. He gained 8 yards, not to mention he kept hold of the ball after that hit and you put this on him? We have two more plays to gain two yards, and we didn't do it. In no way that whole situation is naanee's fault.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Not saying it was his fault, but he chose to go up field, when he was already going to the right side for what could have been a first down.

If he did that and got the first down, we could have scored with 4 new downs and the clocked stopped saving a time out.

0-5 in the red zone won't win us games just kicking field goals anyway.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think Legs simply misjudged the opponent and went for what he thought would be a score. It didn't work but seriously, nothing bad came of it. We had that time out for that very reason and so, 4th down, is just another chance at that point in the game.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Legedu basically gave himself a chewing out for that one, he puts alot of pressure on himself and made a bad decision

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Few things that made me mad about this game.

-Bullshit penalties. Seriously, what the ****.
    -Lack of defensive intensity in the first half
    -Figgy on 3rd & goal
    -Draw on 4th & 2.
    -Refs.

8. scottbbo1

scottbbo1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey!! Legs did his best. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    imo If Naanee just runs forward he gets a first down instead of dancing and coming up 2 yards short and then Norv makes the worst call he has made to date.

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah...and not to mention a couple dozen other plays if someone from our side would have ran 48 degrees to the left and then if our coach would have called a couple of passes and then if a player would have turned his head 9/10ths of a second sooner..then if....you get the drift.... hard fought battle....we actually looked a little physical out there...which I'm happy about...we'll see them again hopefully in January...:yes:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    If Superman would have flown into the stadium and punched Ray Lewis in the weiner I think we would have gotten that 4th and 2.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    your too optimistic about our running game my friend

13. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Rivers drives the team all that way down the field and then you go play action and then draw??? WTF do we have all of those 6'5" receivers for anyway? Nanee was just tryin' to make a play. Don't blame this loss on whether or not he could have gotten the first down and then gone OOB. Blame this loss on whoever called those last two plays...keep throwing the damn ball! It was all they had yesterday!!!!

14. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :yes:

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa. Lame thread.

16. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Unfortunately with senseless losses like yesterday, we will be playing in Baltimore in January in freezing winter weather.:no:

GO CHARGERS!:bolt: