1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If LT leaves will you still be a fan?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 26, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I want all of you people that say that you will not be a Chargers fan if LT is released to step up. Please sign this thread. I need to know how many seats to sell on the bandwagon. :icon_tease:

2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    if anyone says they wouldnt be a fan they they are not a "Chargers" fan, i am a fan no matter who puts on the jersey, its funny how most sd fans get caught up in the player it self and not the team

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if your leaving because of LT then don't let the door hit your *** on the way out. And good riddance

4. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    exactly LOL:tup:

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    What a stupid reason not to be a fan anymore.

6. boltmanbz

Ratings:
    +86
    the worst part is i have heard to many people call up on the radio and say they will not be a fan or not renew their season tickets if LT is not here, thats not a real fan

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    A disgruntled, irritated fan, but a fan none the less.

I believe some will stop following the Chargers and follow LT IF he goes somewhere else, just as some Rivers followers will, but that is their choice, their right.

8. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +347
    Of course I will be a fan of the Chargers. What I am not a fan of is the way this organization treats its heros. It might be time to part ways with LT, just due to the salary cap, maybe age/injuries, but the way they have mis-handled this situation, along with Jr. and Rodney, etc is par for the course.

If LT is released, and they draft a running back who can fill in, and help us win a championship, that'd be great. But it doesn't change, how they have treated the Greatest player to ever wear a Chargers jersey.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Of course I would still be a fan - I will be very upset if LT is let go, angry even, but I will always love my Chargers. 20+ yrs of being a fan doesn't just stop on a dime...

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I was a fan before he came here and I'll be a fan when he goes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    I was a fan before he was born.

12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Exactly:yes:

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    typical...

Last I checked I'm a fan of the San Diego Chargers... not the San Diego LTs... :icon_shrug:

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    It'll suck A LOT but yes, I will still be a Charger fan.

15. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I don't call myself a fan4ever for nothing. I've been one since I first heard of the team in 1967. I waited on "Bambie" back in the day. I've seen many players come and go and it's a sad day when you part company with someone. Remember when Klein sold the defence to SF? Seau? Harrison? It will be truly be the saddest day when LT does hang up his hat. Hopefully it will have bolts on it. I'm still here and when I'm dust it will be Charger Blue.

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    of course, I cheer for laundry :yes:

I wonder how many would jump ship if LT ends up in New Orleans? :icon_eek:

17. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I wont be a fan if he leaves...

Just kidding...:lol:

Lose, win or tie, charger fan. til i die. :yes:

18. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I will be a fan of the chargers always and forever first...then just like N.O. and brees...i will be a fan of the team LT goes to and LT...

unless he goes to the raiders, broncos, giants or cowboys...than ill just be an LT fan when he wore bolts...

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'll still be a fan but this better mean AJ on the hot seat.

No Super Bowl... Good-Bye AJ!!! And take your puppet with you!!!

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I seen Bambi go and many other after him, I actually seen a head coach worse than any other to be part of the game. Yes Harland.... on second thought I don't want to bring that up. Yes I'll still be a Bolt's fan, always have been always will.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    How about this? Some people have had it with this franchise and are disgusted with the management.

I'm one of them. Yes, I'll still have my season tickets if LT is released and the Chargers will still be my team but enough is enough!!! You can't expect everybody to have the same level of tolerance.

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The "new wave" fan has no clue what bad football is all about, and should be required to have a full and complete indoctrination on the Bolt's before telling others what they are witnessing.

23. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Those would be the peeps that listen to DI Earl and Jordan DT... That explains it all...

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Well, the first payment to renew your tickets due Saturday.

I've already renewed mine. :icon_toast:

But I have to think there are fans who want to wait until they hear LT's fate.

25. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    One of my clients who had season tickets for years (spent 3-4k every year on them) stopped as soon as they hired Norv. He still follows the team, but won't go to a game.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If the Chargers leave San Diego, then and only then will I burn every piece of Bolt gear I own. :bolt:

As for LT.....he better talk to Barry Sanders. :icon_eek:

27. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All players get older and beat up and loose that all important step that beats the other guy. We need to trade LT. Keep sproles and find another quick back.

No one ever wanted LT to get older and a bit slower and more injury prone. But time stops for no man. I hope LT restructures and stays. But with his pride he'll want to try and prove he's still the best. Good for him. But its a craapshoot with how much the chargers are paying him and that we still need two or three better players to get to the promised land.

28. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Or edgerrin james, or emmit smith, or jim brown or earl cambell or ect. Time and wear and tear stop for no man.

29. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    True, but if the reason for re-negotiating LT's contract is to free up cap space, then I can easily find $10M w/out touching LT. We owe Wilhelm, Hart, and Tucker $10M in 2009. I think the ROI is a bit higher on an LT than that trio.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No one will give us jack squat for LT in a trade...maybe a 5th rounder ?

LT needs to swallow his pride and accept a two back set at less money with incentives to pay him more than Sproles. LT needs to produce in crunch time which he has not in the past two years. Love me some LT but he has to know his time is almost done. Many players restructure to help the team. LT should be no different. He makes millions on the endorsement alone so he needs the Bolts or the NFL to keep that nookie coming.