1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If Sproles leaves, who can replace him?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 1, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    IMO, we could draft McKnight, McCluster, Golden Tate, or Jacoby Ford.
    Joe McKnight didn't have a great 40 time but if you watch his film, he is pretty darn fast and he has great hands too. The same can be said about Dexter McCluster, but Dexter McCluster makes more people miss.
    Golden Tate had a pretty good 40 time and he is a dual threat as he did play RB sometimes out of the wildcat and on reverses. Jacoby Ford definitely has the speed (with a 4.28) and the hands yet the only running experience he's had is on reverses. Tate and Ford both don't have pass blocking experience yet McCluster and McKnight don't have as much receiving experience.

Who do you think will be the best option at replacing Sproles if he leaves?

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Is Leon Washington a restricted or unrestricted? He'd be a nice fit.

3. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Jets probably gonna keep him seeing as they are going to release Jones

4. SDDon

SDDon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think the best bet is to go for LaMarcus Coker late or UDFA.

5. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Can you say Jahvid Best?

I'm not sure that Sproles is leaving. We might keep him after he sees how little teams are willing to pay him.

On a side note, I would love to have Golden Tate, but getting him in the draft just isn't realistic.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think the only way Sproles leaves is if Shanahan lets Dan Snyder go Dan Snyder and break the bank for a part time player.

The market for Sproles won't be so hot that the Chargers can't make a good competitive bid for his return.

His best chance for long term success is in San Diego. If he's really in it for the ring, he'll stay put.

7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Add San Francisco to that list. Sproles would be a great fit in that offense.