1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If the Bolts could get any NFL RB who would you want???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    If the Bolts could get any CURRENT NFL RB, (not college RB's, or past RB's, just current RB's) who would you want to wear the Bolts uniform.

My #1 pick is MJD from Jacksonville. I wish we had him, and could get him right now. I think he is exactly what we need, and he can return kicks if needed to in a pinch. Fast, and powerful, and can lay a block on the defense (cough, cough, Merriman)

Your thoughts.....:icon_huh:

2. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Yeah, MJD would be good, but I think I would prefer Chris Johnson. He's gonna go down as one of the grestest to ever play the RB position. Hell, he carried the Titans this year; without him they truly would have been screwed.

3. Shabba

Shabba BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Id like one of three.....
    Ray Rice
    Chris Johnson
    Steven Jackson
    I'm not too picky between the three! :)

4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +90
    Adrian Peterson

Would be a great back in our scheme...a pounder that can take it all the way to the house!

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    He'd take it to the one yard line and fumble.

Chris Johnson, easily

6. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    I would take DeAngelo Williams...maybe Carolina will decide to go with J. Stewart and he'll be available in a trade....

7. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    Chris Johnson
    Steven Jackson
    MJD....

LT when he was "vintage" LT

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Ray Rice or MJD

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    LT 2006

:tup:

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Felix Jones.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Steven Jackson

12. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Chris Johnson would completely change our offense for the better.

Adrian Peterson would do the same - but his fumbles would screw us in the end just like it did for the Vikings.

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson has been accused of assaulting his pregnant one-time girlfriend in his valley home in March, Las Vegas police confirmed Thursday.

Officer Barbara Morgan, a police spokeswoman, said Supriya Harris filled out a voluntary statement Wednesday accusing the National Football League star of assaulting her while she was nine months pregnant.

Jackson vehemently denied the accusation Thursday.

Morgan said Harris, 29, lives out of state and has to go through a police department in her home state that can verify her identity before an investigation is conducted.

"Once we get the police report, we will do an investigation," Morgan said.

As of Thursday afternoon, Morgan said, Las Vegas police had yet to receive the paperwork needed to start an investigation.

"We have her making an allegation; that's all we have right now."

The Las Vegas Review-Journal obtained a statement from Jackson via an e-mail sent by his publicist, Steve Caric.

"It's disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and they are untrue. The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me. Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially. I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media."

The celebrity gossip Web site TMZ.com posted the contents of Harris' statement on its Web site. According to Harris, she and Jackson on March 8 got into an argument that escalated when Harris gathered her clothes just in case she had to stay at a hotel for the night.

"Steven became enraged and pushed me to the ground," Harris wrote. "When I finally got to my feet, he forcibly grabbed my arm and flung me against the door," she wrote in the statement.

During the attack, Harris wrote, a door handle became lodged in her hip, which caused her to bleed "heavily."

Harris wrote that after the attack, Jackson immediately became remorseful, begging Harris not to leave him. She wrote that he told her he was excited to see the baby's face upon birth.

She also wrote that she went to a hospital in Henderson where she was seen immediately because she was 10 days away from giving birth. She wrote that she and Jackson went to the hospital together and discussed telling hospital officials that she fell in the shower.

Harris wrote that their son was born nine days later. She added that she left Jackson four months after the incident.

TMZ reported that Jackson and Harris have been arguing over child support payments.

ESPN.com published a statement by Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo that was released by the team. It read, "We are in the process of gathering information. We are always concerned with issues involving our players."

Jackson, who was born in Las Vegas and played football at Eldorado High School, ran for 1,416 yards this season for the Rams.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/nfl-star-steven-jackson-accused-in-assault-83014492.html

14. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Chris Johnson hands down!

15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    LT in his prime... :abq2:

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Right now, for this offense, i cant think of a better fit than......

[​IMG]

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I believe the initial question was asking about current NFL running backs, making LT circa 2006 not a valid choice.

If we're going to play that game I'm going to change my answer to Barry Sanders in his prime.

18. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    MJD or Jonathan Stewart. You couldn't go wrong with Chris Johnson but he would literally cut down Rivers' and the Bolts' passing game by scoring so often. Felix Jones comes to mind, as does Michael Turner.

19. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Michael Turner

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    This is a problem how?

It really matters how we score? :lol:

21. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Good Answer, I forgot about him. :lol:

I think Chris Johnson is a good choice for 3 years, before his skinny body starts feeling some of the wear and tear. But he is a "Me First" type of player, so that's why I passed on him initially.

MJD has all the qualities. Jonathan Stewart is a good choice also. It is possible Carolina won't keep both him and Williams, since both are first string starting RB's.

I'm still going with MJD #1, Stewart #2. It would be nice if we got Stewart. MJD signed a contract recently, but hey...anything is possible in this league. :icon_shrug:

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Maybe they'd be interested in Whitehurst, Cro and Merrriman.

23. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    I would love to trade for Jones. Nane and Cro for Felix??

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Just Cro...absolutely. Maybe throw a 5th round pick on there to shut up Jerry.

25. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    how about lt on roids 4 1 year?

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Cowboys won't trade Jones so we may as well forget that.

Being a Razorbacks fan I'd absolutely love that but it won't happen.

27. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I dont think they would want whitehurst, since they are already developing matt moore and hes coming along pretty nicely, plus he is a FA and i dont see us keeping him

They also have no use for Cro, they have 2 better corners in Richard Marshall and Chris Gamble, and plus John fox is a tough nosed, physical head coach, he would have no use for a ***** like cro

Now merriman i can see. They are losing Peppers and need to find a replacement and Merriman would be a better DE than OLB since he can just rush the passer every play. Problem is, the value isnt there. If we were going to try and trade merriman for Stewart, we would probably have to include a 1st rounder, and even then i dont know if they do it since they just traded their #1 this year for Everette Brown and are probably really high on him. Now maybe they would do it since they dont have a #1, but would AJ give up that much for a RB? I dont know, but i know I would be one happy chargers fan if he did

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    1) MJD
    2) Ray Rice
    3) S Jackson

In the past? Give me Walter Payton over everyone else. Even LT.

29. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    1, Ray Rice
    2, Chris Johnson

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I can dig this.:tup: