1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If The Bolts Were Playing Vanilla D during The Preseason?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Sep 4, 2011.

1. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Will they hold some back versus the Vikings so as to give little film for the Patriots to prepare with against the Chargers?

2. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    We should see basically the full playbook against the Vikings...there will be a couple of new wrinkles each week from the coaching staff. Let's try something different this year....win early and win often!

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Defense is the key, everyone and their brother knows the Bolt's can score points. If they can put together a few stops and takeaways at critical times then great things will happen.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Screw worrying about the Pats & whatever film they get of us. We need to win in whatever manner it requires. Pansy-assed gamesmanship won't get it done.

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I heard that it was only vanilla in the pre-season and in week one they will unleash the ThunderHammer D!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd slap you right now if I could reach you. :p

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Buck, I've been harping on this for years. They have to play whose in front of them and it doesn't matter what the other team knows, they still have to be stopped. I prefer the rude awaking and sudden stop method that will shake loose their mother's dental work. I know of no other way!

8. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Well if our team did use my ThunderHammer D, then we would be SB contenders. Especially if we used my delayed tactics properly then maybe win the SuperBowl!

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You & me both, brudda.

10. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Hexed i agree: #1 strategy is always to have a near unstoppable strategy that is hard to stop even if u know what the other team is going to do. Yea u still want to have unpredictable elements but #1 is the main strat needs to work even if they know what your trying to do. Even if the Chargers only used my 1 D i posted for them to see, we would have the best D in the NFL tactically. 1magine if they had all 4 my version's of it and how to employ my delayed blitzes?

Last years SB champion Packers played the same great D all year. They also used a well known 1980's west coast offense that is near unstoppable and doesn't even need to have a running game to work. I'd say last years #1 champion was the most predictable team in the whole NFL. Even our team is predictable, but we have more trick plays than the Pack uses.

Redskins back in the day ran the ball 3/4 times and it didn't matter on the way to their SB wins.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Keep me out of your agreements, buttmunch.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Holding anything back against a guy like Adrian Peterson is poor planning. Stuffing him is the priority, any way we can, especially since the Vikings look like they will start Ponder over McNabb in a "simplified" offense. Ponder's biggest exhibish day was (I think) 83 pulse pounding yards. Bernard Berrian and Visanthe Shanicoe are their top targets. Stop the run and the Vikings will have one of the longest days of their lives.

13. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    what makes you think we can't stuff Peterson? Preseason, let me que Allen Iverson...and say "we are talking about PRESEASON"...maybe what he did against our D of 2 or 3 years ago...this ain't the Astroturf, and we didn't have Bob Sanders, or a studly DLine like we do now, I for one am not worried...Manusky will make McNabb or the Rook beat us.

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Time of possession will be critical. If our defense lets the Vikings march down the field like they did SEA/DAL/AZ/SF we're screwed. Our passing offense is beyond solid, our running offense should be decent but if the O can't get on the field we don't stand a chance.

Until they can prove it otherwise, I'm officially not confident at all in our defense to make stops.

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    An attacking no let up defense is the only way to go. I'd rather lose a game being over aggressive than pussyfooting around out there on the field. Makes the bustards beat you, in fact challenge them to beat you.

16. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Yes hold nothing back and secure the win. I do hope that the coaches can add some new winkles every week to surprise the opponents all season long. Sorry that I brought the silly question up at all, and thanks to you all for setting me straight on that. :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's all good man. We just wanna see the Chargers win.

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Every team in the NFL knows what the Stillers do on defense and they have more than their fair share of Lombardi's. All DC's work their game plan towards the opponents strength and weakness, that's a given. Tough defense is an attitude that every player has to buy into and carry out to the field with them. Talking about it just don't buy no pork in my neck of the woods.

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    we all do

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    but that is the difference of the two organizations, the Steelers have always been a defensive team.