1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

IF the Chargers lose on Monday...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    we can all do something like this.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33319305/ns/sports-nfl/

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    If the Chargers lose Monday I may retract my opinion on firing Norv mid-season.

Especially since Daniel Snyder is already wooing Shanahan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    If we lose Monday I'm gonna start my OWN billboard campaign to fire Norv!!!! :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    If we lose Monday, I can't think of a legal fan action which I would consider unreasonable.

It would show what a real/new coach can do instead of a retread/glorified O-cord. It would show what smart and aggressive free agency signing can do to a bad team and make us all wonder what it could have done to a good team.

I have faith our team will show up Monday, but if they don't... if its legal, it should be said/done to AJ and Norv.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Count our company "IN" for contributions for a billboard campaign if we lose Monday Night. :bolt: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So is the message going to be fire Norv or fire Norv and AJ?

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Any of you doom and gloom mama jamas thought about what you will do when we win?

Or does that rain on your pity parade too much?

:lol:

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    As a suggestion, I would make the theme along the lines that the fans are not going to take it anymore.

Leave it generic and all encompassing as possble.

Let the theatre of the mind come up with endless possibilities in a short and sweet statement which makes impact.:bolt:

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    NICE!!!! LEave my boy out of it.:icon_rofl:

10. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    IF the Chargers lose on Monday...

then we can still go 13-3 :lol:

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yup! :tup:

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, billboard will be postponed until end of season....:lol:

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I like your thinking. :lol:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    if norv goes, he goes too :tup:

15. RiversRules

RiversRules BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22

Absolutely! The Chargers are the Kings of never quit! Come on, have a little faith. they have overcome before, they will do it again! it's early.:yes:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Aincha worried you will displace your hip with a knee jerk reaction like that? :lol:

17. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I'll contribute a significant portion of my Bolt Cash.

18. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    :icon_eek:........ :no:

19. English

English @tonywaters

Ratings:
    +92
    This thread should not have any more contributions to it...

...until Tuesday morning

Then I'll pledge a dollar or two if required

20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    If we lose monday night, then the AFC division title is gone, and we will be fighting for the Wildcard spot.

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    If we lose to the Donks Monday Night you might see this:

[​IMG]

22. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I don't know about AJ. A lot of players that aren't contributing now (Castillo, Merriman, THE LINE etc) were here before Norv got here.

I wouldn't fire AJ because he hired Norv. Sure I hated the hire but he's allowed to make a few mistakes. Now if he hires another spineless coach I'll have a problem with AJ. We need a coach that expects more out of his players.

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I say we win :abq2: the Donkys are going down :abq2:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Bills fans rent billboard to advertise discontent

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—It didn’t take long for Ryan Abshagen to discover how many Buffalo Bills fans are unhappy with their team and want owner Ralph Wilson to make sweeping changes.

In a little more than a week, Abshagen, an unemployed 18-year-old from New Freedom, Pa., raised enough money—$1,402 and counting as of Wednesday— through an Internet campaign to rent a billboard and advertise a message of discontent for everyone in Buffalo to see.

“I honestly never thought it would ever be this big,” Abshagen said. “Fans are disgruntled. It’s out there. It’s big. People are going to hear about it.”

Starting early Monday and running for a week, the message will be flashed up to 3,000 times a day on a digital billboard overlooking Interstate 190 on the south side of the city, said Abshagen after signing a contract with an advertising company.

The display will feature a message that reads, “It’s time to clean house, RALPH,” referring to Wilson. Next to that will be a checklist of three names: Jauron; the team’s chief college scout Tom Modrak; and vice president of pro personnel John Guy.

The level of fan frustration in Buffalo has been evident since the Bills missed the playoffs for a ninth straight season with their third consecutive 7-9 finish a year ago. It’s reached a boiling point again with Buffalo at 1-4 and coming off an ugly 6-3 loss to Cleveland on Sunday.

Bills fans showed their displeasure by booing the team numerous times during a game in which the team’s offense failed to score a touchdown for the second time in three weeks. Some fans were spotted wearing paper bags on their heads, while one group stood up to display matching white T-shirts with letters on them that spelled: “FIRE DICK NOW!”

Jauron, in his fourth season, is on the hot seat for the team’s dreadful start. Modrak and Guy are being blamed for failing to build a competitive roster.

The Bills declined comment when asked about the billboard.

Jauron has declined to discuss his status, but has previously acknowledged the criticism.

Bills punter Brian Moorman(notes) rallied to Jauron’s support when informed of the billboard.

“It doesn’t discourage me because I know there’s a lot more people out there that wouldn’t do something like that. But it is a free country,” Moorman said. “The important thing is that inside these walls, (Jauron) has our support. We believe in him.”

Abshagen said he first proposed the billboard idea on a Bills fan message board following the team’s 38-10 loss at Miami on Oct. 4.

A few days later, he designed a web site and began seeking donations. Abshagen said the site attracted little attention until several media outlets mentioned the campaign in stories, particularly after the loss to the Browns.

“That was the one that tilted the scales,” he said. “That was embarrassing.”

The response was so overwhelming that Abshagen said he raised the necessary $1,125 to rent the billboard for a week by Tuesday night. He’s now begun a second campaign to raise another $1,125 to extend the rental for one more week or rent a second billboard.

Any leftover money, he said, will be donated to charity.

“We don’t hate anybody,” Abshagen said, when asked about how the message might be interpreted. “The donors and myself included, we don’t mean any harm or wish to insult anyone. We simply just want to get our voice out as fans.”

And he doesn’t think it’ll make any difference among fans should the Bills win on Sunday when they travel to play the New York Jets.

“I think the fans are fed up enough that it won’t even have an effect,” Abshagen said. “We are in too deep at this point.”

25. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    If we lose Monday night I wouldn't be surprised if SD County burned to the ground :p Pretty sure BT, Chargers.com, talk radio etc... will all be blazing as well. :no:

Too bad for all the torch salesmen we're gonna win! :yes:

BELIEVE IN THE BOLT!!

26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    enough of this losing crap, the Chargers are going to kick some *** come Monday Night!!!!

27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    werd to your mom~

28. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    My mom hates the Broncos also!

29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Time for that "Donkey Punch" (or Punch those Donkeys!)

[​IMG]

30. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    If we score more points against the Broncos then any other team AND give up more points than any other team they faced THEN

It should be FIRE AJ and RON too.

Hard to just blame it on Nov when personal and DC are obviously a problem.