1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If the Chargers move to LA then move back to San Diego 10 years later...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 1, 2010.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,460
    Would you be a fan again?

I know this is not a likely scenario, but I'm just curious.

(This is obviously addressed to those that would no longer be a fan if they move)

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +405
    But you would become a bandwagon fan. Am not a bandwagon fan so no.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would be back for sure otherwise, it was a great ride.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I would not stop liking the Chargers if they went to L.A. I'd prefer them to stay in San Diego, not crazy about having to buy newer stuff that says "L.A. Chargers" on it, but it's still Rivers, and Gates, and the lightning bolt, etc.

I've been a fan since '78, so I'm not new to this, but really, it's the same team, just a different city. It's not like they are moving to Florida, or South Dakota, or some crap like that. It's still the Chargers. Besides they started in L.A. anyway.

Perhaps I see this differently because I don't live in California, I don't know. Perhaps some of you in the general San Diego area sees this as Rivers, and Gates and the other players abandoning you or something. I find it hard to believe anyone on here would NOT root for Rivers and the Chargers on gameday when the season starts, just because "politics" forced them to move to L.A. just a little North in the same state.

5. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    If they move to L.A. I'll view them as "Southern California's Team" and remain a fan. Hell, I watched the Rams drift to Orange County years ago and that didn't shake the L.A. fans loose. Of course, moving to St. Louis, well that was a deal breaker.

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It is very very apparent that the fans who have not lived here all their lives are not remotely tuned into the LA VS. San Diego thing.

That is evident by fans saying they hate other teams more than the Raiders for starters or are incredulous that life long fans who live here can say "it is over".

I have yet to read a post from any fan who is an old timer (Pre-Coryell days), who says they will support the Chargers in Los Angeles. The old timers here are pretty much done from my reads.

To the fans who continue to support this team in LA, best of wishes and I hope you get your Lombardi.

As I reflect back the people we have met along the journey has been off the hook. Wow. Great memories.

IronMountain is a fan who posts at Chargers.com. The brother has been to every game except one pre-season game since day one. IronMountain's brother who was terminal with cancer wanted to stop by and drink a beer with our clan. He died a few months later. ViewFromView22 was at the Chargers/Patriots 1963 Championship game and lives in Ramona and we are tight because of forums like this.

There are tons of acquaintences which were made. I hope those who continue to follow this team will remember the great times we had at the tailgaters and the pre-season shenanigans at the Chargers fortress. It was all good.

Oh well to the fans who are disappointed a few of us are leaving it is because we have good reasons. You really have to live here to understand how some of us will not root for a team that moves north 90 miles up I-5 to a place called Los Angeles. It will never ever happen.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +5,061
    A bit melodramatic this morning? You do what you have to. No worries, respect and all... That is what others will do. I think a number of the bravado posting 'gonna hate dem bolts is they move' guys will find their way back to the team. Some wont.

In the end, the team will continue, friendships will continue and nothing will change.

San Diego if they let the Chargers go will probably never see another NFL team. Residents can look to themselves, their elected officials, Mike Aguirre and others and point the finger there. The team has tried to stay in San Diego and I have yet to see one fuggin city officail say they are wanted.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Don't care if they went to LA or Timbucktu. I will always be a Charger fan! Have been for over 30 years! (I know, I'm old so what....lol)

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Of course it is melodramatic to the fan who has not lived here or does not "get" the fact living here all of your life makes a difference seeng a team leave. Fans who have moved away are pretty much in the same boat. 90 miles should not make a difference and yet it does and like I said, unless you towed the freight, it is easy to be flippant. You have little skin in the game.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    Differrent strokes for different folks. The thing you are not getting is that the world will not goose step in line with you just because you blow your horn. Some people look at things in a more steady light.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No one is asking anyone to goose step to anything.

Some fans will continue to support the team such as yourself who have zero respect for what we are telling you. There is a thing called principles which is an alien concept to your mindset. Just tip your hat to the long time fans which is a considerable chunk instead of showing your lack of class.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +509
    Jeeez, yiz are all talking like it is a done deal and the trucks are packed?. Am I missing something?. Has there been an announcement or are people surmising?.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    Poo-Chee Prime;
    You are not the voice of the fan. I am sorry you have your short hairs twisted. I am sorry for your apparent lack of respect for anyone else on this board. I dont have respect for what you are saying, no. Too many times you post stupid BS and expect everyone to swallow it, only to flip-flop on it a day or so later. You make wild prediction after wild prediciton, then pat yourself on the back when luck makes one get even close to being true. So why should I have any respect for that? If you want respect, you have to give respect. That has not been in your character since you abandoned your season tickets and came back to this forum.

I dont know what changed with you, but I prefered the old Trumpy, the one who could at least have a little fun while being incredibly incorrect...

So forgive me if you saying I lack respect or class has little to no impact on me. Your opinion of me simply does not matter.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    No, just a drama-queen being a drama-queen.

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050
    I heart Conc & Trumpy

:icon_party::icon_party::icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    I hart you too...

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,050
    Jessica Hart??

[​IMG]

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213
    I heart Hart

19. NJS

NJS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This thread just got a whole lot more interesting.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    That works!

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Deals like this are RARE.

Goldman Sachs has had a list for years of interested people who would want to jump on buying a controlling interest in a NFL team.

Anschutz has the inner track. He builds stadiums (Staples etc) and is flush with cash (billionare) which means he needs no public financing. Magic Johnson is his face man and partner. Magic Johnson is worth $800 million. Magic just sold his chain of Starbucks to get liquid to make this deal happen. Magic will get his Laker homies to wear the Bolt gear and will be a marketing spearhead.They are inheiriting a team which has won 5 consecutive AFC West Championships or whatever it is so that is all good.

The moment Spanos said the team was for sale it was over.

This deal has to be done by Dec 31 because the tax rules for death will be changing and the old man is about to croak even though his wife survives. Doing a deal before the year concludes is a financial move to minimize taxes which is in the millions.

Not even a last ditch Super Bowl win or the local Indian nation will be able to save the day.

The NFL is committed to bringing the NFL to LA and the guy with all the tools in place is Anschutz.

Some fans will poo poo it all for now but by the end of this month, reality is going to bittchh slap alot of fans.

It sucks.

22. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +405
    Why doesn't L.A take the Raiders? They've been there before? Makes since they do so again.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,213
    yea it did

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,213
    they are not going to get the approval of the other owners so quickly.

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Normally, I would agree however; in this case the owner is facing estate tax issues and possibly cash flow issues.

A two headed monster needs to be slayed by Dec. 31 and I suspect this will be FAST TRACKED.

To have a change in ownership during the season is going to cause all sorts of problems with the season ticket holders.

Some may demand immediate refunds, boycotts etc. Fans such as yourself will be there until the last gun sounds and I respect that however, I can not be that west coast Browns fan only to watch the team go bye bye to LA. F-that. I am glad I saved 2 years on tailgating and ticket costs. I feel better that I did not pay full boat to the end but that is me.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We should hold a flea market for fans wanting to buy our Chargers gear before we torch it.

I think I am going to list my signed framed Dan Fouts picture in Blue Angels flight gear on E-Bay. That sucker does not deserve to be burned. Some collector will covet it. That is my most prized Bolt possession.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    So since in your mind it is a done deal, and you have nothing but loathing and apathy (i will wait while you look it up) for Chargers fans, why exactly are you here?

Go find another team to follow.

28. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Why should I root for another team. I will be done with the NFL.

You just can not wait until most of the hardcore Chargers fans are gone and will resort to discredit that block of fans to feel better about yourself and your fandom status.

You will have the stage to yourself soon enough and until then you can kiss my feet.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,061
    Wrong again. Keeping to form. I will root for the Chargers. If others choose not to that is all up to them. I will neither celebrate the loss of fans nor cry for them.

I have no need to do anything in regards to those who stop following the team.

Others being fans or not being fans has no impact on me being a fan. I do not need others to validate what I do, as you seem to.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Then why the fuc should you care where I stand as a fan by suggest rooting for another team ?

If you do not cry for us then STFU or keep talking like you do not care by making more suggestions what we should do.

If you do not cry for us then do not cry but you will cry.