1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If the Chargers Re-locate?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I know these are hypothetical questions, but I found I was asking myself this recently since the stadium or bust debate is going on... My answers in red, just curious how other Bolt Fanatics feel about this...

1.) Will you still be a fan? :bolt:

I might be able to follow LA Chargers, but South Dakota Chargers... :tdown:

2.) How far away of a move would you say NO?

If they moved out of CA, then it would be hard to follow them. LA is the only place, since they started there, and even then it might be hard to follow them, and not be bitter!

3.) What if they change their name, logo? (like browns to ravens)

NO

4.) If the Bolts left, and the city of San Diego was granted a team down the road, would you leave the LA Chargers ban wagon, (or somewhere else) and root for a new team? SD Surfers, or whatever?

Probably, as long as the owner wasn't as cheap, greedy, and incompetant as the Spanos Family.

5.) If you are one of those people who would not follow the Chargers if they moved, would you watch NFL fanatically still?

Probably not, just big games...

FOUTS

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Spanos' aren't cheap. That would be the previous owner, Gene Klein, who was more interested in horse racing than football.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If they move anywhere outside of San Diego county, it would be LA but that also a Big "IF" NFL returns to LA.
    If that happens, I don't see it happening till at least ten years. They'll want an expansion or two. So that means NFL has to go back to the drawing board.

San Antonio... highly unlikely!!!
    Best thing Spanos has going for him is that he's the only team in Southern California and it looks like it's going to be that way for a loooong time!!!!

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59

Nope.

Nope... hate LA, no ties to any other part of the country.

nope.

4.) If the Bolts left, and the city of San Diego was granted a team down the road, would you leave the LA Chargers ban wagon, (or somewhere else) and root for a new team? SD Surfers, or whatever?

Maybe, but probably not. To be honest they'd have to be a winning team a few seasons in a row. An owner that showed real investment and organization that proved they knew what they were doing, and then still, probably not. Tough when you don't grow up with a team.

5.) If you are one of those people who would not follow the Chargers if they moved, would you watch NFL fanatically still?

I'd switch to the niners, liked them growing up, and I've been living in SF for over 8 years now.

abc

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746

nope

see #1

see #1

maybe, if I was still in San Diego in a billion years

Not as fanatical until I found myself a new team to cheer for. Losing the Chargers for me would be like losing my wife, they are a huge part of my life, but if they left, I would move on and begin the search for the new right girl.

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494

Only if they were in LA.

Out of southern Cali.

HELLL NO!!!! F'in Spanos would do that, too.

Like RTL, I would have to become immortal to see that day. And like Mandude, I got attached to the Bolts in my youth. You just can't recreate that sort of thing.

I would watch the Cowboys.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

No!!!

see #1

see #2

No!!!

NOPE!!! I would be done with the NFL. I would follow College ball exclusively