1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If Volek has to start...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't think my opinion is different from anybody else on this topic... I hope Rivers will be OK and can start. At least, I hope he can play to the same point he played last Sunday. Especially if we can get an early lead them let Volek take over.

Volek as a starter does make me a bit nervous but one god thing is that there is NO film for the Patsies to study!!!
    Our secondary has stepped up on the offense in a major way!! If we have to play like we did last Sunday... we still have a good change.

On the other hand... WE HAVE A GREAT CHANCE WITH RIVER, LT AND GATES ON THE FIELD!!! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Great thread B4L. I too think we'll be fine regardless of whether it's Rivers or Volek.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I was plenty worried dropping it into Voleks hands. After thinking about it, he has been practicing with the first team for 5 plus weeks now. Although he has little playing time he should know his personnel and be able to make plays. Volek may just be able to pull if off if necessary.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Certainly I hope that PR is able to play & play at a competitive level. But Volek showed some moxie last week & he has big games on his resume.

I'm confident with either guy at QB. Our defense wins this game - offense needs to control the clock & score TDs when given the opportunity. Sorry, Nate, but I don't want the game to hang on the balance of your leg.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :abq2:VOLEKTRICITY!!!!:abq2:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Fixed

Jesus you really do such at spelling :lol:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_huh:

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yup, Brady suchs! :lol:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Now that's eyrony there baby! :lol:

Getting on track - I'd just prefer Rivers to be out there but who knows. I'm not as confident in Volek but I pray he proves me wrong if he's out there

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rivers is going to start. Rivers is going to finish. Rivers delivers. :bolt:

11. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    As I said in another thread, as much as I still like Hot Rod, I worry about him on a blitz at Philip, whether the whistle has blown or not...he will go low.
    If Volek plays, then the thought might be to run the ball more, and as long as it's close going into the forth, let our O-line wear out the Pat's front seven.
    If Billy has to play, it's on our D to keep it close the whole game, then our running game will wear them down.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I can't see PR finishing this game, but if he does, it means we're winning. I have more confidence in Volek going into this game than I did last week.