1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you could sit down ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    with any three sports icons in history.........past or present and have a few beers.........who would you pick?

for me..I think...

Shoeles Joe.........just always wanted to hear his side of that whole blacksox scandal

Landry........cuz even non cowboys fans have a hard time finding something to say about him

and I think Muhammed Ali....just an interesting life.

who would you pick?

• Like Like x 2
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Ricky Williams... no explaination necesary

Pacman Jones... guaranteed excitement

Phil Jackson... because he is the zen master

I know none of them are historical figures (maybe Phil, but he's still active), but I'm not much of a traditionalist.

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    If we can set this up for a future date, I would like to pick Michelle Wie after October 11th.

Is that allowed?

4. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    sure why not LOL of todays players..anyone want to go one-on-one with bonds?

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Vince Lombardi - just to pick his head on how he motivated and saw the game.

Jackie Robinson - First black pro Baseball player. Get his take on life, and how he coped with the issues of intergration and acceptance.

Roger Craig, First NFL player with 1,000 yards rushing and 1,000 yards receiving in same season, with 49ers in 1985; had 8,189 career rushing yards

Elmer Layden, One of Notre Dame's Four Horsemen; coached Irish from 1934 to '40; first NFL commissioner ('41 to '46).

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Here is mine.

Jim Thorpe ( he just revolutionized Football to the way it is played today.)

Lamar Hunt ( because he was the man who helped the AFL become great and famous.)

Jimmie Johnson & Jeff Gordon (because they both are part of in my opinion the most dominant team in Nascar history.)

Thoise are my three but I chose four because of the team aspect thing.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Joe Montana - great QB & apparently a pretty cool guy

Babe Ruth - Hey, it's the Babe!

Sandy Koufax - one of my earliest baseball heroes

8. imfletcher

imfletcher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    That's a tough one. I'd say:

Mickey Mantle - I just think he'd be fun as hell....plus, he's kind of a legend....

Babe Ruth - probably the biggest american sports legend - why wouldn't I want to talk to him???

Joe Montana - seems like a cool, laid back guy. Would have great stories to tell. Idolized him when I was growing up.

9. TSZMike

TSZMike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Lebron James

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Gene Klien, why did he go cheap on us Charger fans when we were on the verge of a dynasty.

Babe Ruth, just to listen to him talk.

Sid Gillman, just to listen to a genius

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Charles Barkley: Would be non-stop entertainment. Plus, he wouldn’t be shy about telling the REAL TRUTH about Magic, Jordan, or any other fomer NBA star.

Dan Fouts: I’d pick his brain about the Air Coryell era. Who did he like better between Wes and JJ, how big of a flake was Chuck Muncie, was Winslow really a dick, how in the hell did they lose to Houston, I got a million questions.

David Beckham: Just kidding. Soccer sucks donkey *****, IMO. Sorry EC. :lol:

John Wooden: I had the pleasure of attending his basketball camp. Dude was in his 70’s and was there every day, running drills with us kids. I would love to just talk about life with the man.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Babe Ruth

Sandy Koufax

Lance Alworth

13. Bosoxfanpw7

Bosoxfanpw7 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Red Auerbach

Tom Brady

Ted Williams

Amanda Beard - can we sit down in bed????