1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you want to scout Beasley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Nov 29, 2014.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    This is the game to do it, vs South Carolina, rivalry game, this is gonna be his best, he has 2 sacks and a forced fumble already

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Aaaand he promptly re-made the Gamecocks his personal bitch

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    He falls to #32 in the draft, the Chargers would be insane to not picking him. That is unless MGIII is on the board as well.

4. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    Uhhh, so we only scout his good games now? He's good, but he's also been VERY inconsistent.

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    No
    no I'm a clemson fan, I don't want him, but I was saying if u watch the game that was gonna be his best game.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Dude why you hatin? Beasley looks more promising than any guys we have at OLB.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
  8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    It's not that I don't like him, I just watch all te clemson games and he only beats people with speed , I don't think hell transition well into the nfl. Reminds me if Ernie sims

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    You're not alone. There are certainly guys who have shown they can produce as primarily speed-rushers in the 9-tech (3-4 OLB), but they're rarely every-down LB's. I think there's a good chance that Beasley isn't a whole heckuvalot more than Antwan Barnes - and even Barnes demonstrated more consistent function strength than Beasley has.

Even if we leave out the guys that we likely won't have a prayer of seeing near our draft position (Gregory, Fowler) there are several prospects I'd take ahead of Beasley including Eli Harold (horribly underrated), Hauoli Kikaha, Alvin Dupree, Zach Hodges (raw lump of clay with so damn much potential and can play inside/out), and quite likely Lorenzo Mauldin.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    Personally, with what we have, I'd prefer getting a big speed to power type guy (Dupree is my first choice for that). I think Attaochu can develop into a nice speed rusher, but not sure he's ever going to be a really great technical rusher thats going to beat you in many different ways. Ingram's a guy who i'd Ideally either kick inside on passing downs or play as a blitzing ILB on passing downs (or just blitz him inside from his OLB spot). If we can get Dupree in the 2nd or 3rd round, i'd definitely take that, despite a few other more concerning areas on our team.

11. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Yeah, I'd love another olb but attaochu looks very promising , we need to give him one more year before throwing him to the dogs. I personally want a cb, ot,wr
    Jaelen strong wr Arizona state
    In the 3rd quandre diggs Texas cb
    Ot idk I haven't really scouted them

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Honestly, Strong is too inconsistent for Rivers. He reminds me a lot of Kelvin Benjamin - the bad as well as the good - and I've heard from multiple guys I trust that he's one of the more polarizing prospects among actual pro scouts in this upcoming draft class (teams either love him or hate him; have him as a Top 15 prospect or won't touch him till Day 3).

Moreover, if it wasn't made perfectly clear today... WE NEED OL. And despite the belief than many seem to have, we're not really going to be sitting on the kind of cap space to sign multiple starters in the free agent market unless we're papering over cracks with another middling journeyman as one of those starters. Skill position players aren't going to do us diddly if we can't give #17 the time to throw to them. Hell, fixing the OL isn't even something that can realistically be done in a single offseason... particularly when you consider that the average team ends up needing quality depth at at least two OL positions per season in order to not see significant decline in play - and our team has shown that they are well above the median in terms of their ability to pick up injuries in general, so we need more than the average amount of quality depth before the OL is complete. This is what happens when the team has spent only 5 draft picks that weren't 4th round or later on the OL for the past 14 years COMBINED - and only 2 of those 5 being picks in the 2nd round or higher... and even moreover when you consider that by the start of next season we'll likely only have 2 of those 5 on the roster still.

We consistently get beaten by teams with quality trenches - it's been the downfall of this team since the advent of Norv. Unless we're getting some phenomenal value on the pick (i.e. a Top-10 rated prospect with our early 20's pick, or a 1st-round rated prospect on Day 2 at our natural pick) there's absolutely no reason for any player selected with one of our first 3 picks to be under 270 lbs.

• Agree Agree x 1